Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

5 hours ago, jules1 said:

Hi Taoz

i hope the new Protein tasted ok. Let me know if you can taste anything. I ended up throwing my huge $90 container of Bodiez unsweetened Protein Powder out due to the weird aftertaste. Nothing would disguise it. I really wish someone would create a protein powder tablet to make things easier.

i am currently on my 1st week of purees. Only another 3 to go. I spoke to my dietician and he’s allowing me a tiny bit of fish mashed as I can’t eat it pureed but said no to scrambled eggs. He told me my clinics Drs are on the conservative side for progressing through food stages but they have the lowest rate of stomach leaks in Australia. They also double suture and other extra safety measures during surgery that a lot don’t do apparently. On hearing this I decided not to cheat but ask surgeon on my appt next week if I can progress to soft diet then.

Hi Jules. I know what you mean about the unflavored bodie'z, it still has a weird slightly fruity taste and unpleasant aftertaste even when fully dissolved, and doesn't dissolve well or fast in hot liquids (I found as with the flavoured powders you need to mix it well in advance and shake it Up a few times before it really fully dissolves. Im planning to try a serve of the unflavored bodie'z with half of one of the protein perfection protein Water sample sachets (since they are so sweet!). That might at least get me a protein water that has 35g protein in about 500-600ml water and doesn't taste too sweet. Will let you know how I go!

The peptipro collagen supplement was great! It only took a minute or two of stirring with a fork to dissolve in the hot (microwaved to about 70 degrees C) milk before I added my two shots of Decaf coffee. I couldn't taste anything different! The texture didn't feel/taste any different either. I'm calling that a big success, now I can have 20g protein Milky decaf in the mornings woohoo!!!

6 hours ago, jules1 said:

Hi Taoz

i hope the new Protein tasted ok. Let me know if you can taste anything. I ended up throwing my huge $90 container of Bodiez unsweetened Protein Powder out due to the weird aftertaste. Nothing would disguise it. I really wish someone would create a protein powder tablet to make things easier.

i am currently on my 1st week of purees. Only another 3 to go. I spoke to my dietician and he’s allowing me a tiny bit of fish mashed as I can’t eat it pureed but said no to scrambled eggs. He told me my clinics Drs are on the conservative side for progressing through food stages but they have the lowest rate of stomach leaks in Australia. They also double suture and other extra safety measures during surgery that a lot don’t do apparently. On hearing this I decided not to cheat but ask surgeon on my appt next week if I can progress to soft diet then.

Hi Jules,

I found what I'm told is a "protein capsule" made by NOW Sports called "Amino Complete" says "balanced Blend of Protein and Free-Form Amino Acids. Maker told me it's a complete protein in a capsule. You can get it from Amazon and maybe your local nutrition store.

22 hours ago, Bunny1975 said:

Congratulations mine is May 30, I’m excited to begin a new chapter in my life, but these 2 weeks preop liquid diet is killing me

I'm may 31. The pre op is so hard! This weekend especially. At work I can stay busy and not think about it too much but it's a holiday weekend in Canada and there's been two bbqs, one picnic and one birthday dinner. I am so grumpy and tired. It's making me rethink this whole thing.

5 minutes ago, Meggs11 said:

I'm may 31. The pre op is so hard! This weekend especially. At work I can stay busy and not think about it too much but it's a holiday weekend in Canada and there's been two bbqs, one picnic and one birthday dinner. I am so grumpy and tired. It's making me rethink this whole thing.

I’m one week post op today. I imagine that we will all need to revise our perspective of food as we move through this process. Last night my husband and I had dinner at a restaurant with a team from church. I had the tiniest bites of meat and little bits of baked potato and was done eating after a few bites. I maybe ate an ounce or two in total. I now have about 10 meals worth of leftovers. It’s just a whole new world. Today I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast , 2oz of canned chicken with bitty pieces of sweet pickle and 1 tbsp of low fat mayo for lunch and 2oz of Protein pudding for a mid afternoon snack. I couldn’t eat another bite. It’s going to take time to adjust.

9 hours ago, HopefullXOXOXO said:

Hi Jules,

I found what I'm told is a "protein capsule" made by NOW Sports called "Amino Complete" says "balanced Blend of Protein and Free-Form Amino Acids. Maker told me it's a complete protein in a capsule. You can get it from Amazon and maybe your local nutrition store.

Thanks for checking them out. I was looking up various capsules last night too in the hopes of something easy to take for protein. The majority of capsules require about 4 per day to get just 6 grams of protein so it isn’t really worth it. Once I get on soft diet I’ll be able to focus more on protein foods. Just hoping my hair doesn’t suffer.

Hi Jules,

I just looked it up with HIGH hopes because I am struggling with protein. It looks like there are only a few grams of protein in 4 capsules.

HW 289
SW 262
CW ? (5/14= 248lbs)

VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]
Kaiser, Ontario - Dr. Chin

1 hour ago, baribetty said:

I just looked it up with HIGH hopes because I am struggling with Protein. It looks like there are only a few grams of protein in 4 capsules.

HW 289
SW 262
CW ? (5/14= 248lbs)

VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]

thats disappointing.

the peptipro collagen powdered supplement is 14.5g protein in 15g of the powder (approx heaped dessert spoon). This amount is suitable to mix into 250ml liquid.

For those of you who have started pureed foods, did you have any trouble at first? I'm two weeks post-op and per my instructions was allowed to start pureeds today. I made 1 scrambled egg this morning and ate a little more than half and have been suffering all day with stomach pain. I felt extremely full and then it just hurt. Haven't been able to eat anything else except some unsweetened apple sauce with my crushed up meds. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 minutes ago, t1018ross said:

For those of you who have started pureed foods, did you have any trouble at first? I'm two weeks post-op and per my instructions was allowed to start pureeds today. I made 1 scrambled egg this morning and ate a little more than half and have been suffering all day with stomach pain. I felt extremely full and then it just hurt. Haven't been able to eat anything else except some unsweetened apple sauce with my crushed up meds. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am not post op yet but I know on my post op diet plan scrambled eggs are considered soft foods and are not allowed till 4 weeks.

8 minutes ago, Meggs11 said:

I am not post op yet but I know on my post op diet plan scrambled eggs are considered soft foods and are not allowed till 4 weeks.

On my plan it's under the pureed foods and allowed at 2 weeks along with cottage cheese.

Just had mine done may 17

Congrats! How are you feeling?

HW 289
SW 262
CW ? (5/14= 248lbs)

VSG 5/2/18 [emoji92]

2 hours ago, t1018ross said:

On my plan it's under the pureed foods and allowed at 2 weeks along with cottage cheese.

quite a few people have trouble tolerating scrambled eggs early on. And sometimes it can just be a bit too soon for some textures for some people - everyones stomach is different. I didn't really enjoy scrambled egg when I tried it just over 2 weeks post surgery either. I've left it for another week and will try it again soon.

Hi

I am nearly 1.5 weeks post op and was feeling as if my incisions were starting to calm and heal well and I was having limited pain. However last night I was resting on my right side and tried moving over to lay on my back and the pain was excruciating starting from my belly button all the way up to another incision. I couldn’t physically move as the pain was so bad. I had to wake my husband to help. He had to support my stomach while I moved.

I finely fell asleep however the incisions are very tender today. I feel like I’d taken 5 steps back.

Has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them?