Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks vsg post op & only lost 17 pounds

Hi Everyone,

I have a few concerns:

A) it’s time for me to start the soft food stage and I am still struggling with getting all 70/80 grans of Protein in plus my 64 oz of fluids

B) The scale keeps moving up/down 2 pounds (im about to kick the scale out!!) and Yes, I’m walking 10-20 minutes every day.. I’m

C) I can’t seem to get a schedule with drinking and eating because I seem to forget that I’m thirsty and need to eat

D) Anyone ever hiccup after eating and is this normal?

E) Am I worrying too much?

Help!

Pre surgery weight: 303

Surgery weight :294

Weight now: 277

Mid goal weight: 250

Mini goal weight:200

Goal weight:180

17 lb in 2 weeks is awesome. Keep the faith, you are going great.

17lbs in 2 weeks!! That is FAB - bet you never did that on any diet before!

Hiccups after eating - my doc says it is a symptom of eating too fast, or a little much. Try slowing down, and if that doesn’t work try stopping before you feel full - measuring volume in a cup was the only way for me for the first couple of months!

Well done, you...

Don't freak out, you and I are tracking almost exactly (similar start weight, similar progression, similar goal weight). You're doing fine. I'm about to hit the end of my 4th post-op week and I've lost about 19lbs, but over the past week and a half I've been losing 5 of those pounds very slowly and with lots of bumps. Sometimes you just have to ignore the stall. The fact is, if you're eating less than 1000 calories per day, there's just no way you won't lose in the long run. And we have a lot of months left on the honeymoon clock.

If you find yourself getting fixated on the scale, try getting a smart scale that communicates with an app, it's really taken my mind off the incremental scale changes. I basically choose not to mentally track my weight change and instead let the app record it, so sometime later in the week I can pull out my phone and look not just at the day-by-day but overall trends. It's done good things for my sanity. Sure, I've only lost 5lbs in almost a week and a half, but the overall trend is still significant weight loss so that's good enough for me.

Hi Everyone,
I have a few concerns:
A) it’s time for me to start the soft food stage and I am still struggling with getting all 70/80 grans of Protein in plus my 64 oz of fluids
B) The scale keeps moving up/down 2 pounds (im about to kick the scale out!!) and Yes, I’m walking 10-20 minutes every day.. I’m
C) I can’t seem to get a schedule with drinking and eating because I seem to forget that I’m thirsty and need to eat
D) Anyone ever hiccup after eating and is this normal?
E) Am I worrying too much?
Help!
Pre surgery weight: 303
Surgery weight :294
Weight now: 277
Mid goal weight: 250
Mini goal weight:200
Goal weight:180

A) work daily towards that goal , not everyone can meet it right away
B) the scale can bounce around so look for NSV like lost inches
C) I use alarms and timers on my phone or I would never know when I can transition
D) some say it's there new full warning
E) Everyone worries bit as long as you don't have complications (which you should tell your surgeon immediately) you should be fine

Safe journey and Congrats on -17lbs
That's a victory

Nikki and side eye... you gals are very close to my weight, goals and progress. I’m almost two weeks out, still on purée but ready to transition to soft foods..... I’m feeling great, energy wise and mentally. However every time I eat, it sounds like there’s an alien in my throat trying to escape.... I think I’m doing something wrong too. 17 pounds in two weeks is awesome though!

I am 2 weeks post-sleeve and have dropped "only" 13 lbs. Just started pureed foods Friday. I have been going up and down 2lbs for the last 4 days, however, I know if I follow the plan it will work. I have not been able to get the required Protein or Water yet so my calories has been running around 400-500 calories per day. I have some nausea, especially in the morning which prevents me from eating/drinking for several hours. Your body sounds like it is doing what is right for you. :)

Stay off that scale!!!! 17#'s in two weeks! You rock!!!!