Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Tad Concerned

Hi everyone. I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow, but I wanted to ask this to see if anyone had similar experiences. I was sleeved March 19. So far I have never had a problem with drinking, no pains going down or any discomfort. I only feel full when I drink plain Water. I am mainly drinking diluted gatorade. I am down 17 lbs.

As a habit, I will wake up really thirsty and I have on one or more occassion taken fairly large swigs of my liquids. I don't do it intentionally, I am half asleep when it happens. My question is I don't feel any discomfort whatsoever, Shouldn't that be alarming that I don't feel uncomfort when taking large swigs?

Edited by BuzzVSG

I am only feeling discomfort with large gulps of cold Water. Your drink in the middle of the night is room temperature, so that's probably why it is not uncomfortable. That has been my experience so far.

This sounds normal to me liquids pass pretty much straight through your pouch, so you don’t have quite the same limitations as with food.

1 hour ago, aNYCdb said:

This sounds normal to me liquids pass pretty much straight through your pouch, so you don’t have quite the same limitations as with food.

I was hoping that was the case. As I feel better, the easier it is to drink 4 ounces an hour.

13 hours ago, BuzzVSG said:

I was hoping that was the case. As I feel better, the easier it is to drink 4 ounces an hour.

Just wait until you get to the puree/soft foods stage and a couple tablespoons of tuna (or whatever) knock you on your a$$

i can drink quite a bit at once.

Hi everyone. I am seeing my surgeon tomorrow, but I wanted to ask this to see if anyone had similar experiences. I was sleeved March 19. So far I have never had a problem with drinking, no pains going down or any discomfort. I only feel full when I drink plain Water. I am mainly drinking diluted gatorade. I am down 17 lbs.
As a habit, I will wake up really thirsty and I have on one or more occassion taken fairly large swigs of my liquids. I don't do it intentionally, I am half asleep when it happens. My question is I don't feel any discomfort whatsoever, Shouldn't that be alarming that I don't feel uncomfort when taking large swigs?

This is very normal. I had the same Curiosity as you when I noticed that I could drink tons of Water. One day I tried gulping, low and behold, I could. I asked my Doc. He said there will be no restriction with water. The water passes through the pyloric valve quickly, which is why. I drink water before I eat, but never after due to food abstracting the valve. I wait one hour and then drink, this way my body absorbs the nutrition in the meal.

So drink away! And congrats on your recently weight loss. Well done!