Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

more meal prep ideas

Hey all - I'm 8 weeks out and stuck in a rut with meal prep. I've been making hard boiled eggs every Sunday (i eat a couple - hubby eats the rest) and tend to make roll-ups with 1 1/2 oz of lunch meat/wedge laughing cow/veggies. I eat yogurt and this week have measured out cottage cheese. I made white bean french onion Soup this weekend too. But am getting bored with eggs and my rollups. I have done egg cups previously but am not overly fond of them. Looking for new ideas, ideally with dense meat Protein rather than all the cheese and eggs I'm eating.

Feeling like if I cook, I have to eat it FOREVER. Hubby helping now that he's over the nutrisystem he bought for himself during my first post surgery stages.

Here are just a few things I've made or have been craving

chicken tortilla Soup w plenty of chicken (I like it spicy!)

Refried Beans with taco seasoned ground turkey

Greek chicken (lemony marinade) w hummus as dip (homemade preferably store bought is high in cals)

Chicken salad (water chestnuts are my secret ingredient )on cheese crackers (cheese cracker is @FluffyChix recipe here

)

Everyone is crazy about ricotta bake. What I'd do is add extra meat and cheese and bake it in small baking cups.

I've been putting off making that though... Just been too lazy... And just had spaghetti, minus the Pasta all week because I too have the habit of making too much food.

Other ideas I've gotten from other people were mini pizza bowls.

You just make that with wonton wrappers and then stuff the wrappers inside a muffin tray then add the sauce and pizza toppings of your choosing. At least with those you can make exactly however many you want. 🙂

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-130
GW-130
Size- 4, Small in sweats. Small in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.
Bra Size- 34C

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

I make meats each week. Usually 2 or 3 different ones to use as bases. :) That way if I have grilled chicken, I can just pull off 1 1/2 or 2oz and mix it up any way I want. :) Same with fish/salmon/shrimp. Same with lean pork--I'm doing as well with it as with the chicken. I'm weird, I like chicken breasts rather than thighs. Meh?...

I will spice the meats differently. Some weeks it is basic s/p/gran garl. Other weeks it may be Greek or Italian or Asian. I also freeze in 4oz cooked portions so it's easy to split.

I also am now digging adding salads back using very simple ingredients. So far only baby spinach, red onion, low fat feta and WF zero cal Italian. But it's so nice to have part of an egg and some turkey on it. Or toss with white Beans or garbanzos. Etc.

I have a ton of different meat lube that spices the meats up and changes them: sf BBQ Sauce, Classico Asiago Romano Alfredo, Central Market Taste of Italy Marinara, Brown Chicken Gravy, Brown Beef Gravy.

I also keep baby spinach and baby super greens, broccoli crowns, zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms as well as tomatoes/gr toms and avocados, onions on hand.

I have frozen veg like green beans, greens of all kinds. And have canned beans of different types. I also keep different cheeses, frozen blueberries, cottage cheese, Grk yogurt, sf applesauce on hand.

I can literally never eat the same thing twice this way with minimal weekly prep and keep variety alive!

I have a crockpot mushroom chicken recipe I loved. And I make “cups” a lot of different ways in a muffin tin with wonton wrappers. This week it was spicy taco cups. I’ve done lasagna and pizza cups as well as egg cups, but the spice of this one was on point. And I put cute little garnishes on :P

I don't have a ton of variety, but do make a few things.

The most common is ground turkey with taco seasoning. If I make a pound it lasts 3-4 meals, I eat it with .5 oz mozzerrella or Mexican cheese and half an ounce of sour cream.

I also usually do a couple chicken dishes, BBQ chicken tenders, rotisserie chicken or just plain. If it's just plain I eat it with fat free chicken or turkey gravy to moisten it.

Other ideas that I eat much less: haddock or similar fish (frozen usually), pot roast, ground beef, steak. I also enjoy a variety of turkey or chicken sausages, they keep for a while so are a good backup. Fat free hot dogs are also good.

For the sake of portability, I've been making a lot of meatballs - I have some baking right now that are taco-flavored and stuffed with cheese. I've also made some that are like mini stuffed burgers with a chunk of babybel cheese in the middle.

For the sake of portability, I've been making a lot of meatballs - I have some baking right now that are taco-flavored and stuffed with cheese. I've also made some that are like mini stuffed burgers with a chunk of babybel cheese in the middle.

Mind sharing the taco meatball recipe?

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app