Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone else says this all the time and I think it is very helpful...this is a right of passage. :) So kinda...welcome to hell week baby! It WILL end and you will get better and better each day. And the liquid diet is from the debil. :)

Yep, it will pass and it is miserable in the mean time. Hang in there. Tey another brand of Protein Drink - maybe Isopure ready-made blue raspberry or punch, Bone Broth, etc.

@ love4040 please allow me to channel your body a moment:

"Hey love4040, it's me -your body. What do you think you're trying to pull? I thought we had a good thing going, I was in homeostasis, that's a fancy,word for balance, I was kinda happy there. Sure you were rather pudgy and all but I was getting q.s., that was medicalese for quantity sufficent Fluid, plenty of fluids and beaucoup calories and things were fine from my perspective. Then you haul me off to some hospital, take a nap and allow doctors to perform assault and battery on my sweet self. I'd call you a back-stabber except that is not where they stabbed me! Now in addition to allowing them to hurt me you are giving me a diet that would barely keep an earthworm alive! I suppose you want me to use your fat stores for enough energy? You do? Now I thought we were friends, we have hung around together for years and now you won't give me the calories I want, fine buddy you are! Okay okay I'll try burning your fat but it's not going to be a happy time for you. I plan to give you a Headache, mess up your bowel habits, maybe I'll give you loose stools maybe hard as bricks, haven't fully decided yet. I'll make you feel weak, I'll make you cranky, I may even send my good buddy appetite or his sister-in-law nausea to visit you. I'm not happy with this new you and I just want you to know this! Oh well maybe after a while I'll resign myself to all this, but right now? Meh I don't love you so much!" ,,,,,,......Your Body

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

As others have said, this too shall pass. I know that it sucks but it's only temporary. :-D Believe you me, even gruel is looking tasty right about now.

@Mattymatt I think maybe it's either you, @Apple203 or @Creekimp13 who call it a right of passage? Whomevs, best every way to view it. Cuz it is!

How long does this last?

31 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

@Mattymatt I think maybe it's either you, @Apple203 or @Creekimp13 who call it a right of passage? Whomevs, best every way to view it. Cuz it is!

I think @Apple203 and @Creekimp13 probably coined the phrase. I also misspelled it. It should be a rite of passage. LOL!

"Hey love4040, it's me -your body. What do you think you're trying to pull? I thought we had a good thing going, I was in homeostasis, that's a fancy,word for balance, I was kinda happy there. Sure you were rather pudgy and all but I was getting q.s., that was medicalese for quantity sufficent Fluid, plenty of fluids and beaucoup calories and things were fine from my perspective. Then you haul me off to some hospital, take a nap and allow doctors to perform assault and battery on my sweet self. I'd call you a back-stabber except that is not where they stabbed me![emoji51] Now in addition to allowing them to hurt me you are giving me a diet that would barely keep an earthworm alive! I suppose you want me to use your fat stores for enough energy? You do? Now I thought we were friends, we have hung around together for years and now you won't give me the calories I want, fine buddy you are! Okay okay I'll try burning your fat but it's not going to be a happy time for you. I plan to give you a Headache, mess up your bowel habits, maybe I'll give you loose stools maybe hard as bricks, haven't fully decided yet. I'll make you feel weak, I'll make you cranky, I may even send my good buddy appetite or his sister-in-law nausea to visit you. I'm not happy with this new you and I just want you to know this! Oh well maybe after a while I'll resign myself to all this, but right now? Meh I don't love you so much!" ,,,,,,......Your Body[emoji20]

Love this!!!

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

"Hey love4040, it's me -your body. What do you think you're trying to pull? I thought we had a good thing going, I was in homeostasis, that's a fancy,word for balance, I was kinda happy there. Sure you were rather pudgy and all but I was getting q.s., that was medicalese for quantity sufficent Fluid, plenty of fluids and beaucoup calories and things were fine from my perspective. Then you haul me off to some hospital, take a nap and allow doctors to perform assault and battery on my sweet self. I'd call you a back-stabber except that is not where they stabbed me![emoji51] Now in addition to allowing them to hurt me you are giving me a diet that would barely keep an earthworm alive! I suppose you want me to use your fat stores for enough energy? You do? Now I thought we were friends, we have hung around together for years and now you won't give me the calories I want, fine buddy you are! Okay okay I'll try burning your fat but it's not going to be a happy time for you. I plan to give you a Headache, mess up your bowel habits, maybe I'll give you loose stools maybe hard as bricks, haven't fully decided yet. I'll make you feel weak, I'll make you cranky, I may even send my good buddy appetite or his sister-in-law nausea to visit you. I'm not happy with this new you and I just want you to know this! Oh well maybe after a while I'll resign myself to all this, but right now? Meh I don't love you so much!" ,,,,,,......Your Body[emoji20]

Love this tooo funny [emoji1]

Lapband 9/11/07 227 pounds
Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 163 Dr. scale says says one pound less
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second goal and doctors GW 150
Goal weight 138

1 hour ago, JacquelineC said:

I am having the same problem eating. Can’t stand the sweet shakes anymore ! Sipping Water all day. Any suggestions!

Try adding unflavored Protein to broth. Also, you can try using Fairlife Milk. It has 13 grams protein per 8 oz.

Seems that most go through the stage that they can't tolerate sweet anymore. Hang in there.

You could also use some of the RTD high protein broths. Savory things seem to settle a little better immediately post op

Edited by Yoyogirl

Love this! [emoji177]