Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any exciting Easter plans? Any fears of chocolate bunnies and beans?

We've always celebrated Easter in the Americana....egg dying, Easter basket sense.

I grew on the Claymation Peter Cotton Tail, and filling up tons of little cups with vinegar and the fizzy dye tabs for eggs (and the multicolored egg salad that ensued). And long bizarre egg hunts with scavenger hunt clues nerding it up.

I always liked making the cake with green coconut that looks like grass and bunnies and peeps.

And I went nuts making cool baskets for the kiddo.

And ate way way way too much candy....because candy... *le sigh*

Anyone having stress about huge family dinners or desperately wanting to bite into chocolate ears?

Hubby and I have decided to get outta Dodge, take a long drive to my daughter's college (she can't come home due to finals), take her to dinner, and take a long hike in the arboretum and walking trails by the Huron river.

If it's too cold, we'll swing out to the Botanical Gardens and go suck up some oxygen in a mini rain forest.

And yep...I got her a chocolate bunny. (it's actually a chocolate dinosaur in an egg) But instead of going crazy with candy, I got her some fancy hair conditioner, a tea cup with frogs and dragonflies on it, and some weird little stuff for her apartment. More of a spring trinket Easter basket. She thinks it's crazy I make her a basket at 21....but she secretly loves it. (and has admitted this)

And I made her pet dragon a rabbit costume. LOL

Hubby and I will likely make an appearance at my Mom's place for Easter dinner, too. (We'll see the kiddo on Saturday before)

Do ya'll have any big plans for Easter?

Edited by Creekimp13

Awwwww!!!! What a cool Easter girlie!!! I love the sound of all of it, and still love that you make a basket for your 21 year old. We do that in our fam too. :D

We're gonna be with my sissy's fam and all the chitlins, and granchitlins. We will die/hunt eggs. We will make the Easter brunch. We will make baskets. We will have a blast.

And I'm hoping we will go for a walk or something Sat. morning around my old stomping grounds, White Rock Lake or the arboretum.

I'm not nervous one little bit! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! I am looking forward to shedding a layer of clothing even though my arms and ass are still prodigious. LOL. I'm just happy to be with them!

I will eat a few bites. I will make Mr. F. a sugar free Easter Basket and if I really feel compelled will eat a SF Reese's cup--about my only siren in the Easter Parade. LOL.

The year my hubby and I first got married, the night before Easter we were staying at my bosses house overnight...house and pet sitting.

We woke up in their king size bed...with six Elkhounds and several cats.

On the table on my side of the bed....my hubby had arranged a mechanical wind up Godzilla....who spit sparks....on top of a clutch of Cadbury eggs in a little nest of paper grass.

I remember thinking.....He gets me.

And that's an incredible feeling:)

You deserve to take a victory lap for your family, Fluff... You're down 77 pounds! That's amazing!

Why yes they do Dorothy. Here in OZ EVERYTHING is sugar free! :D Go to Walgreen's. They have a crap ton of SF can'ies, little girl!

LOVE the Godzirra toy! I am running right now to see if I can find one to order on Amazon!!! I swear, Mr. F has one in his future. Thanks for sparkin the idea!!! :D He used to sing me the "Go Go Godzilla" song when we were first dating. Hahahaaha!

Easter dinner at my niece's house -- I have to bring mac cheese. I love that stuff, but not at 3 weeks. :230_hatched_chick:

Is anyone else getting snowed in today?

Check with your plan/dietician first.

Check the nutrition facts on these and decide if its worth fitting into you macros for the day. Just because it's sugar free. It is not calorie and carb free...:70_poop:

Quest has a 21 g Protein Peanut Butter cup. You don't have to eat both cups in one sitting lol

Sugar Free Chocolate pudding with Protein Powder added.

Strawberries dipped in hershey's sugar free Syrup or melt hershey's sugar free chocolate chips.

download.jpg

81AM1G6pt6L._SL1500_.jpg

62691aaf-654d-44e0-9301-4730e63be190_1.10b948e520ac37d32340c99ba1387d31.png

images.jpg

images.jpg

download.jpg

download.jpg

91SvCWSs-OL._SX522_.jpg

CCCD_Site_Label.jpg

3 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

We've always celebrated Easter in the Americana....egg dying, Easter basket sense.

I grew on the Claymation Peter Cotton Tail, and filling up tons of little cups with vinegar and the fizzy dye tabs for eggs (and the multicolored egg salad that ensued). And long bizarre egg hunts with scavenger hunt clues nerding it up.

I always liked making the cake with green coconut that looks like grass and bunnies and peeps.

Anyone having stress about huge family dinners or desperately wanting to bite into chocolate ears?

Hubby and I have decided to get outta Dodge, take a long drive to my daughter's college (she can't come home due to finals), take her to dinner, and take a long hike in the arboretum and walking trails by the Huron river.

If it's too cold, we'll swing out to the Botanical Gardens and go suck up some oxygen in a mini rain forest.

And yep...I got her a chocolate bunny. (it's actually a chocolate dinosaur in an egg) But instead of going crazy with candy, I got her some fancy hair conditioner, a tea cup with frogs and dragonflies on it, and some weird little stuff for her apartment. More of a spring trinket Easter basket. She thinks it's crazy I make her a basket at 21....but she secretly loves it. (and has admitted this)

Hubby and I will likely make an appearance at my Mom's place for Easter dinner, too. (We'll see the kiddo on Saturday before)

I am a member of the heeb tribe so I don't normally Celebrate Easter. This year I was invited to a little Easter gathering and I would like to go but I will be just starting pureed. Methinks it might not be good to be too far from home while adjusting to food again. What do you guys think? Should I go for it?

1 hour ago, jenn1 said:

Check with your plan/dietician first.

Check the nutrition facts on these and decide if its worth fitting into you macros for the day. Just because it's sugar free. It is not calorie and carb free...:70_poop:

Quest has a 21 g Protein Peanut Butter cup. You don't have to eat both cups in one sitting lol

Sugar Free Chocolate pudding with Protein Powder added.

Strawberries dipped in hershey's sugar free Syrup or melt hershey's sugar free chocolate chips.

download.jpg

81AM1G6pt6L._SL1500_.jpg

62691aaf-654d-44e0-9301-4730e63be190_1.10b948e520ac37d32340c99ba1387d31.png

images.jpg

images.jpg

download.jpg

download.jpg

91SvCWSs-OL._SX522_.jpg

CCCD_Site_Label.jpg

Thanks for sharing this! Good finds all around!!! I am going to have to pick up some of that sugar-free hershey's chocolate syrup. Never thought anything like that existed.

3 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

Those are some great non-food gifts, @Creekimp13!