Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in Nov. (The Month of The Turkey)

Thanks for the article Sophie!

Janine- I'm gonna try and keep my eating in check. might have a bite or two of turkey, mashed potaotes, veggie pie, corn pudding. I'll skip the homemade rolls and stuffing. If my sister makes her delicious banana cream pie, I'm promising myself to keep it to a few bites.

Saw Dr. this am. I'm down 4 pounds from my last weigh-in on Sept 17th.

He was happy with my progress and he's going to see me in another month. He wants me to kick up the exercising and then see where we stand as far as giving me a little more fill.

My BMI was 30.5 today..down from 41....yeeehawww

See ya later

Cool, Dems! Happy exercising! Remember how good it fills to finish the workouts - we all deserve that good feeling!

Mrs. Husker - I know what you mean. I actually wanted to lose weight slowly, which is why I wanted lapband. What makes me stressed is that I lost most all the lbs between March and June - so I was thinking Yee Haw - and then nothing!! Big picture though - 32 lbs gone and this is the lowest weight I've maintained in my adult life! I've been seeing 188 every once and a while. Hopefully I can change my ticker soon too!

Janine - I'll be cooking and we're having turkey, stuffing, potatos, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, relish tray, Buns, and desert is autumn cheesecake (an apple/pecan topped baked cheesecake..yum-o). I'll skip the potatos and bun, but plan to have a little of everything else. Stuffing is my absolute favorite at Thanksgiving - oh and also the roasted red pepper dip - I would be happy with just those two things!

Momlambert - you must have a really good fill now. I'm eating like the old days (though only about 1/2 the amount), and not PBing on anything at all really. I'm not feeling that fullness anymore.....I guess I need more fill.

Hello all, and Happy Thanksgiving! Haven't posted here in quite a while. I was banded on 3/7/07. Haven't lost too much but I think all that might change now. I got a fill almost two weeks ago and for the first time I have got definite restriction. Maybe too much,but I am going to try stick it out a while longer. This fill is giving the Portion Control that I have so desperately needed. It sounds like most everyone is doing well. I hope I am going to fall in there with you guys now too. Half the weight I lost was preband diet. Maybe now I can get this show on your road. Everyone take care.

Happy Turkey Day!!!!!

Hope my band is in my corner tonight !!!! (which it usually is ) :whoo:

How was turkey day for everyone????

Awesome!! Never had a Thanksgiving where i ate and was satisfied instead of stuffed... Only had 1 small helping instead of 2-3 large helpings... I love my BAND!!!

jcambra, how was ur thanksgiving?:)

My thanksgiving was pretty good. I often wonder how I can eat a small portion of food on a day meant to be stuffed to the gills and feel completely satisfied, until dessert. That junk just slides right down. I can't believe it. I think the band should be much more descriminatory against sugar laden foods. Although, I guess that's where my work should come in. I figured it was thanksgiving and had a slice of pie anyways. I know I won't do it again until Christmas....I hope!

T'giving was great. I'm pretty sure that although I was traveling, I didn't gain while on my trip. I might not have lost, but at least I didn't gain. I did become friends with the PB experience again. Sheesh, traveling reeked havoc on my eating and not PB. I'm glad to be home.

Annette

Well this year I decided to host thanksgiving. I did it because otherwise I was worried no projects or organization would ever get completed around the house. And I wanted to make it easy on me family wise. Instead of who goes where, etc, I figured I'd make them all come to me and get along. It worked nicely. I made lasagna, mini sweet potato pies, pumpkin pie with ginger whip cream, apple pie with crumble topping, creamed corn, creamed spinach, green Beans with bacon, garlic and butter, garlic mashed potatoes with cheese and butter, and then my MIL brought Italian Sausages, bread, and salad, my SIL brought shrimp, and my mother brought an antipasto tray. Tons of food... Of course I couldn't eat much at the meal, but we are still eating left overs. That apple pie was heavenly... And the mini sweet potatoe pies turned out really well too, never did those before.

I am firmly at a plateu. Its not a mystery to me why. I haven't been eating that well, and its been about three weeks since I've been to the gym. In my defence, the three days I had between midterm project choas and final project prep went to getting the house ready for thanksgiving.

In just a couple of weeks I'll be done with my first semester of the master's program! It went by so fast! I have an interview tomorrow about a summer practicum-- wish me luck. I have no idea what to wear! If I can find my old suit, then I know it will work because it should actually fit.

DH is almost done with the laundry room-- I have him putting up shelving for me and then he needs to do the door and the trim and it will all be done , more or less. Nice and organized. We also recently got a dresser and chest of drawers for our master bedroom, and it has a walkin closet (not huge, but still a walk in). We ordered a nice four poster for a bed (I insisted) and we also got the matching nightstands for the dresser and once the bed comes-- soon I think, we will move upstairs. Its painted and so forth. New pergo type laminent floor in a pale birch (laminent is better for us given the dog, the clumsiness of us me, etc-- and we don't even have kids yet!). I've been eyeing some rocker recliners and floor lamps to do a little reading area, and at some point I also want to put a little vanity table in the bedroom. Once we get it all furnished with the bed and everything then we can find an area rug we like and some decor. I like candles, so I want lots of those up there, like doing something with lanters on the wall...

He also painted the downstairs bathroom when he painted our laundry room. Someday we might even get out masterbath done.

I've been thinking about how I haven't been eating so well. Since we got a lot of organizing done, I think that will help. I noticed my diet got worse when the house got more chaotic. Like not being able to easily find the cups I want or wash them out quickly to get myself a Protein Shake. Being able to grab my Protein Bars and healthy food as easily as junk food is good.

I need to work on my habits now and keep my goals in mind... I think that helps me out as well.

T-day was great. I didn't overeat like everyone else at my house and I was the only one that didn't take a nap. I got on my treadmill instead. I made 2 different cheese cakes and a key lime pie (which has 130 cals for 2 tbls) and I didn't eat any of it. My MIL made a pumpkin pie (210 cals for 1/8 of the pie) and I had a 1/16 slice and didn't finish it. I could have but decided not to. Pretty proud of myself on that one.

I am getting a fill next week and I know I need it. My Portion Control is fine, I am just hungery all the time. I hope only to get a small one, .5 or less. I hope that helps.

I got up this morning and since I didn't get the laundry done, I had to dig through my drawers to find a pair of jeans to wear. I found a size 16 and I got them on without having to suck in my gut. I also realized that in 3 lbs I will have lost 50 since Januray. WOW!!

I get my second fill on Friday. I can't wait. My weight hasn't moved in 3 weeks! Ugh.

Happy Monday everyone!

OH Juli, I was thinking of asking for a slight fill. I'm still hovering around 1700 calories, so much more if I add in sugar. I was thinking of just asking for .1ccs, but is it rediculous? I don't know. 2.0cc's in my 4cc band is not enough, 2.4 and I'm closed shut. Any opinions?