Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in Nov. (The Month of The Turkey)

Hi Marchies so today is wonderful day.Not only am i officially 8mths post op but I'm down 63.5lbs!!!! I'm getting back on track with watching what i eat again and trying to follow those lovely bandster rules to a tee... I'm working out again and... best of all i got a job!!!!!! (i get to work as a medical assistant in a pediatrics office.... I'm really excited because i love kids) Today is really a day to celebrate!!!!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Hi Marchies,

I don't post much but thought I'd say hello! My loss had slowed down considerably for a few months, which was corrected by a good fill in October. Oh, and getting a little more serious about my food habits. :P I'm wearing a size 20w which feels great... been a long time. Teen sizes coming soon!

Anyway, thanks everyone for posting, I do enjoy reading about everyone's progression.

Ok, I know that things might seem like a ghost town around here, but there are some of us that read, but don't necessarily post a lot. I'm one. I love reading the Marchies postings and hearing how alike we all are. I just had my 4th fill Tue. and I think I'm the turtle...slow and sure. I'm down to the size I was 15 yrs. ago, and the weight I was about 10 yrs. ago. Losing this time is different and I definitely feel more successful than I have in the past. Thanks to all those that post regularly, it's great to read about your ups & downs and plateaus. I'm hoping to be in Onederland soon, VERY soon.

Chin up, we're doing great! It took us a while to put it all on...it's gonna take a while to get it all off again.

Annette

Hello everyone - I think I've been a little lax in posting too.

I have a lot going on in my personal life right now, and I do check in and read but I don't have much to say because I although I haven't gained any weight back, AMEN, I haven't been doing phenomenaly as I had hoped. I

have been busy helping my daughter we are having a baby shower this weeken, and my dad is coming to stay with me so that he can have an operation in the US.

I love seeing all the Marchies who don't post often speak up. Thanks so much.

I love seeing how everyone is doing. Please chime in often. :cool:

I'm just a loud mouth so I'm always posting!

:):):)

Hello to the new Marchies...thanks for joining us.

I looks like everyone is taking the weight off, some, (like me) slower than others But I'm okay with that. I'm 8 mos out and need to realize this is forever, I need to eat properly and exercise regularly to take the rest of this off and keep this weight off.

I'm eating, on average, 1500-1700+ calories a day....the reason for no loss. Fitday helps me stay on track and I have started using it again. I also pulled out my pedometer that I just had to have and started using it again to motivate me to get in at least 10,000 steps a day.

getting back on track!

I found this really helpful today:

Do You Suffer from Diet Rage?

Rules of the Road to Help You Reach Your Destination

-- By Mike Kramer, Staff Writer

After slowing down to an unexplained stop for the 147th time in the space of 2 miles, I decided that I hated the world. Surrounding me were an ocean of maddening brake lights, rain pelting the windshield and thousands of tons of steel and fiberglass flung around by a clueless pack of selfish morons who obviously didn’t know the first thing about driving!!

It was in serious danger of ruining my whole day.

Is there anything more frustrating than being bogged down in traffic? Most all of us have been there before. That discouraged, fed up feeling that just makes us want to throw up our hands in surrender or lay them on the horn.

Thankfully, I stopped muttering helplessly and started thinking instead. And I realized that I often witness another type of "road rage" – the frustration that builds on the road to weight loss: Diet Rage.

Think about your dieting history. Does it give you the same feeling as an exasperating traffic jam? You never quite get where you want to go as fast as you want to get there. You get aggravated, yell (usually at yourself), and see people in other lanes going faster than you (how do they DO that?!), and it usually ends up ruining your day.

Here’s the lesson: Getting frustrated with your diet does no more good than getting frustrated in traffic. It just makes you unhappy, unsuccessful and tense.

By the time I got to work (it was a long commute), I noticed a lot of things that we, as weight loss veterans, can learn from traffic jams. Next time you start to feel frustrated with your weight loss progress, keep these "lessons of the road" in mind:

• Pay less attention to how much further you have to travel. Stop asking yourself "are we there yet?" You’ll get there when you get there. Instead, look at the scenery, think about life, carry on a conversation, sing along with the radio, or simply be thankful for how far you’ve come.
  • The journey is always more fun with a passenger. Have you asked anyone along for the ride?
  • You know the route you need to take to reach your weight loss goals. It’s already mapped out. As long as you stay pointed in the right direction, you’ll get there. Even in the worst traffic jams, you still get to your destination at some point. It’s the same way with dieting – just a matter of time. It may take longer than you first expected, but you will get there.
  • There will always be periods of stopping and starting. It’s something that you should just anticipate and allow for. No use getting upset or stressed about not making progress. It’s a normal part of the journey.
  • Sometimes, you’ve just gotta go with the flow of what’s going on around you. Life can present some situations that you really can’t do anything about. When that happens, staying straight and steady – doing the best that you can – will keep you on track and sane. In traffic, impatient people stop, change lanes, weave in and out of other cars, driving themselves and everyone else crazy – and in the end, usually don’t get any farther along than you do by staying put and going with the flow.
  • Shortcuts never work.
  • Driving too fast is dangerous. That’s why they call it "crash" dieting. Slow down, take what life gives you, and make sure you arrive at your destination in good health.

I finally did get to my destination after all. Hands were pried away from the steering wheel, teeth were unclenched, and a few aspirin were popped. Of course, people in the cars around me probably had a good laugh at my arm-waving and soundless yelling. Funny how we can lose our senses when faced with something that frustrates us, whether it’s traffic or our diets.

Thanks to these insights, my story had a happy ending. Hopefully, remembering these rules will help you reach your destination sooner – and more content – than you expected.

Thanks Sophie, that article is quite true i printed it and am going to hold on to it in case i ever need that boost again.:)

I liked that, too, Sophie. I read it on Sparkpeople.com. They have lots of interesting articles but that one was particularly insightful I thought. thanks for sharing.

Hello Marchies

Just want to stop by and say things have been going great. I have had the chance to have a real summer/ fall due to the band. I plan to keep my intensity level up so I can be successful this winter.

I hope everyone is fine. You all have my support. WORK YOUR BANDS!!!

Peace

Hi Everyone,

As we go into Thanksgiving week with apprehension and hopefully

a nice fill, I wanted to take a poll and ask what do you plan to eat during the Thanksgiving meal, specifics please?

I get so embarrassed even with my immediate family when I get that

"oh no, I have had 1 bite to many, I think I am going to PB across the table look":eek:. I don't want to do that at Thanksgiving in front of 30 people. LOL

Janine, I plan on eating a few bites of most things and very little turkey (maybe some with cranberry sauce to make it easier to go down). I found I have to stop eating after the first 2-3 bites and wait a few minutes for things to go down before I continue to eat or else I'm bound for a PB for sure.

We had company over today and I fixed their favorite--Hawaiian Haystacks. I almost had some serious problems. The chicken (even in gravy) and the brown rice just didn't do well. It was a bit embarrassing because I hardly ate anything and my plate was still full when dinner was over but at least I prevented a run to the bathroom (or worse).

The hardest thing for me is to continue to converse with people while fighting the urge to run to the bathroom. I've got to plan my conversations better!

Good luck to all of us!

Nice to see more people posting and seeing how everyone is doing. I was gone all weekend for a wedding (the wedding was beautiful, but the mother of the bride is a syco b*t*h, long, long story). I did really well and didn’t gain anything. I was 188 when I left on Friday and 188 today when I got back Sunday, and TOM started so maybe I lost a bit more hopefully. So now I am "lighter" then the day I got married 13 years ago (I was 189). YEAH!!! I don’t plan on updating my weight below until Dec 3 when I might go in for a fill, but still don’t think I need one. I will see what the doctor has to say.

Thanksgiving, I plan on doing the cooking so I know what I’m going to have. A little bit of everything. Turkey, ham, rice stuffing, bread stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, black olives, deviled eggs and a bite of each pie. It will just be my DH and kids with my MIL and FIL, so everyone knows I was banded. I don’t plan on filling my plate, just a bite or two of everything. Then while everyone is in a turkey coma, I will get on my new/used treadmill (story below) and walk it off.

When I went to the wedding I stayed at my GF house and she had a treadmill in her shed that she bought last year and she gave it to me. So I plan on setting it up next to my bed, I will need to move the dogs bed, that he never uses, and put my stair stepper there. I love to walk but will not do it when it is cold out, so now I don’t have any excuses. I plan on putting in a movie and just walking my way through it. I was thinking I would do 150 steps on the stepper and then walk. I love my stepper and didn’t use it last week at all. I used the excuse that I was too sore from work, but even though I was sore, I should have done it. Well, no more crying over missed exercises, just get off my butt and get it done.

One last thing and I will end this long post. Am I the only one who went into this surgery knowing that it was going to be a slow process hoping that I would be the exception? You know what I mean. I knew what to expect and still thought that I would be the "Wonder Bander" losing all my weight in a short amount of time. I knew it wasn’t going to happen, but still hoped for it. I might try and do a poll on this one and see what everyone else thinks (if I can figure out how to do a poll)