Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in Nov. (The Month of The Turkey)

I haven't posted in a little while because not much has been going on for me. I'm still seeing a personal trainer twice a week, and doing my cardio 5 times a week. Weight hasn't changed at all. Haven't seen my doc in a while, I'm going to see her in December. I feel like I'm in a rut, but then again, not? I don't know.

I'm still pushing during my workouts, and trying to eat more healthy foods than unhealthy foods. At the markets, I'm now buying lower calorie items, and replacing red meats with turkey and chicken. I know I need to lose another 75lbs to get to my goal, but I'm really not in that big of a rush. If I lost 60lbs in one year, I would be ecstatic, because I know that without the surgery, I would have at least gained another 20. I'm toner, less flabby, and physically doing things that I never could do before, and in general, just moving so much more than before. No complaints.....All I care about is looking and feel good on my wedding day, which is next august, if I make it till then!:nervous

Mrs H

I know I was saying this thread is like a ghost town...

I'm glad my words had some impact for you. Woo Hoo!

I just want everyone to look down at my ticker. I'm in 3 pounds away from -100! And that's since January first of this year. I'm so starting to chase numbers. I really want to take off those 3 this week! Then the goal is to get under 200 by New Year's day.

I find it hard to believe just how much my life has changed. I've got so much to be thankful for this year. Thanksgiving will be filled with all the traditional foods and family, but I'm going to say a prayer of thanks for being able to be in control and healthier than I've been in my entire adult life.

I love my band. And thanks you few who still come here to the Marchies thread who are sharing our travels with the band together. I appreciate you all.

Juli

OH Julie - that is Awesome! You should be SO proud of yourself! I also want to thank you for the "you had SURGERY" thing. It has motivated me as well. I've been plateau'd for too damn long, and I'm going to do something about it! I'm going to start cardio kickboxing now, not in January - plus I'm going back logging on Sparkpeople - AND only 1-100 calorie pack of chips allowed per day! No more eating out of the big bag!

I also found this helpful - got it off Sparkpeople and thought I'd share:

Your goals may not come easy. There is no accomplishment without work, and no "win" without something to beat. It's easy to get discouraged when roadblocks appear--in fact, it's only natural. You've invested time and emotion into creating the perfect plan, and then something has to come along and muck it all up. Sometimes, though, all you have to do to beat that barrier is to get back up and move forward again. Obstacles are like the Wizard of Oz--they're a lot less intimidating once you see them up close. Next time you take a step back, don't let guilt pile it on top of your previous "stumbles". Just take two steps forward and you're still further along than you were before. It doesn't matter how many walls you face. You only have to get the better of that last one.

:boxing:

OH Juli--thanks for your commitment to this thread! It really is a ghost town more often than not. I think of the "old regulars" often and wonder how they are--kyethra, tammj, etc. Maybe everyone is just plugging along without much to report.

I'm doing much better. I had a fill a month ago that finally helped me feel like I have a band. I'm going in tomorrow for just a little more--I can still eat several cups of food at dinner and am not very restricted as to what I can eat--steak, chicken, etc. is all fine. But finally I do have to take small bites and chew to avoid some discomfort. I'm still hungry a lot but not as much as before so I do think I'm almost there. I canceled my fill appt. from 2 weeks ago because I thought I might be at my "sweet spot" (if such a spot exists) but have decided to get a little more before Thanksgiving. Hope I'm not sorry about that. I'm only an hour from my fill dr. so if I have to go get unfilled it's not a big deal for me.

Anyway, that's what's happening in my world. Life has settled down immeasurably since we moved to our new house--I wouldn't want to relive the first six months after banding for anything (don't know if anyone remembers but my dad was diagnosed with cancer the day of my banding and died in September plus I had three grandchildren born in different parts of the country, sold two houses, built and furnished another house and moved in two weeks ago. Crazy! All the while not being filled enough and struggling to lose any weight at all or, more importantly, to not gain).

But everything is going great right now--looking forward to all 25 of our family gathering in our new home for Christmas and seeing the "new me." Here's to hope and optimism!

You guys are such an inspiration. Thanks for your example and for sharing your ups and downs. I'll do better at posting, I promise!

Mamma Lampert it sure has been a year for you. Has the doctor

ever told you why your band needed the extra fills?

Oh Julie you can get those last 3 lbs in no time! Mazel tov on 100. Did you get your bugg thing going yet? Dying to here about how that works.

Sophie thanks for the words of wisdom

Mrs Husker, you are a saint for doing that job. I am a city girl and have

moved to the country. I know that hunting is the circle of life but I just

love those darn deers. I will be spending deer day at IKEA in the city.

I am currently reading a book that is phenomenal called Water with lemon.

It explains 8 ways of eating for the rest of your life. The author Zona also has a show and has a cookbook .

It is a novel written by 2 doctors in a very easy form. It explains how fad diets (Atkins etc do not work). I have 4 kids so I am not much of a reader but i can't put this one down. A friend that is very very close to proper weight has put the book to the test and has dropped 20 lbs so she is at her ideal weight.

Later guys,

I love my body bugg.

It has me motivated all over again. It's like it's April, one month after surgery, not 8 months later.

I'm moving more and really aware of what I'm eating.

I'll have to check out that book.

Juli

So this is what happed yesterday

I finally was able to get to the doctor on yesterday and I have lost 8 more pounds since August which is ok :phanvan..I was a little disappointed because I dont look like Im still in the 200's at all!!!!

When I stepped on the scale it said 217 :rolleyes:rolleyes I mean dont get me wrong I'm grateful for the 57 pounds that's gone!!! Im just pressing for more to leave.

My doctor made me read what we said my goal weight was the day of surgery and I said 175 which means I"m 42 pounds away from my goal weight!! :eek::scared:Well I've changed the goal to 150 which means i would need to lose 67 more pounds...Am I nuts for wanting to lose more???

He told me to eat more so I can lose weight I will admit that all I've been eating is meatless Soup and cheese and popcorn. :nervous:nervous

He have me a fill because so of the Water came out for some reason. so I have a pretty good fill I dont feel a difference yet. i was starving last night for some reason.....:paranoid:paranoid I'm sure the restriction will kick in sometime this week

Wish me luck Im pushing to lose 20 pounds before 2008......

I am very nervous as Thanksgiving approaches. I and thankful for so many things including "my band". Let me make a long story short. My family has no knowlege of how I am loosing so much weight (56 pounds--Yes!!). The only thing I have shared with them is that I have changed my eating habits and is exercising. They are not supportive and I KNEW I had to make a change. Nevertheless, I am going home for a week with lots of food, fun and company, but I am SO nervous. Please provide some insight.

Sc2va, just stick to your eating better and exercising more guns. Tell them you are counting calories and KNOW that stuff has way too many calories to be pigging out.

Really, I think the more you bring it to others attention the more they will comment. Just get your plate of food, eat what you want and push stuff around, play with your food.

If it's a full week be sure to have your staples with you. If it's yogurt for Breakfast bring it with you...you know what I mean? You'll be fine.

I haven't posted in a little while because not much has been going on for me. I'm still seeing a personal trainer twice a week, and doing my cardio 5 times a week. Weight hasn't changed at all. Haven't seen my doc in a while, I'm going to see her in December. I feel like I'm in a rut, but then again, not? I don't know.

I'm still pushing during my workouts, and trying to eat more healthy foods than unhealthy foods. At the markets, I'm now buying lower calorie items, and replacing red meats with turkey and chicken. I know I need to lose another 75lbs to get to my goal, but I'm really not in that big of a rush. If I lost 60lbs in one year, I would be ecstatic, because I know that without the surgery, I would have at least gained another 20. I'm toner, less flabby, and physically doing things that I never could do before, and in general, just moving so much more than before. No complaints.....All I care about is looking and feel good on my wedding day, which is next august, if I make it till then!:nervous

So do you like working with a personnel trainer??? do you find it benefits you as opposed to exercising on your own... I promised myself that when i get a full time job as a medical assistant i will (as a present to myself) buy myself some sessions..:) I think i deserve it and definitely can use a get butt kicking exercise routine:faint:

Mrs H

I know I was saying this thread is like a ghost town...

I'm glad my words had some impact for you. Woo Hoo!

I just want everyone to look down at my ticker. I'm in 3 pounds away from -100! And that's since January first of this year. I'm so starting to chase numbers. I really want to take off those 3 this week! Then the goal is to get under 200 by New Year's day.

I find it hard to believe just how much my life has changed. I've got so much to be thankful for this year. Thanksgiving will be filled with all the traditional foods and family, but I'm going to say a prayer of thanks for being able to be in control and healthier than I've been in my entire adult life.

I love my band. And thanks you few who still come here to the Marchies thread who are sharing our travels with the band together. I appreciate you all.

Juli

Juli you can do it!!!!! :whoo:

And i agree this thread is kind of quiet lately...

I love my body bugg.

It has me motivated all over again. It's like it's April, one month after surgery, not 8 months later.

I'm moving more and really aware of what I'm eating.

I'll have to check out that book.

Juli

So how does this body bugg work exqctly??? and is it worth the money....

If its good i can always ask for it for Christmas..... (My mom keeps asking me what i want and i dont have an answer for her) :guess

I love my personal trainer, she really kicks my butt, and it makes me accountable. Even on the weeks when I'm having a "bad" week, I still see her 3 times a week for an hour each. So thats not too bad.

The trainers pregnant right now, and she's due in Feb/March, so I was trying to find someone else to take over for the 2-3 months that she'd be out, but I don't think I'm actually going to. I think I'm just going to put in some hardcore cardio time to try to lose the flubber, then get back with her late spring/summer to tone up for the big day. The wedding countdown is on, and I have to fit in a dress....hope they have enough fabric!

I'm so nervous about seeing the Dr. on Monday. Nervous because I wanted this band so desperately and have been finding it very hard to change my eating habits. I haven't lost any weight in almost 7 weeks. It's nobodies fault but my own. I let my exercise routine slide for almost a month. I eat way too much crap and I'm very dissappointed in myself.

A girl at the gas station asked me how much weight I've lost....my DH told her I had LB. I told her 47 lbs. She had RNY and has lost 280 lbs! She says she doesn't exercise. I was almost in tears because there on the counter, were two packages of snackwells Cookies I was so ashamed.

I watched biggest loser last night and wondered why I can't stick to a program like that. These ppl are losing 5+ lbs a week!..I have a band and haven't lost that in a month.

Sorry I'm having a pity party for myself. I knew going into this that the band is just a "tool", it's how you use it that counts. It's like my LB way of thinking has switched off and I'm back to my old habits.

Maybe I need to see a shrink, I definately need an attitude adjustment.

Thanks for letting me whine about stuff that is completely my fault.

Dems...it looks like you're only 24lbs away from goal. 24LBS!!!! It sucks when you get stuck in a rut, but don't dwell on it. Like OH Juli said, think of the reasons that you had surgery in the first place. You want to be healthy and happy, and be there for your family....And 24lbs is soooo close.

Also, it sounds like a lot of the marchies are in the same boat. I know I am. And I'm going back to my old habits. My problem is that I think I can eat whatever I want just because I went to the gym. Not true. And we all know that, that's why we're here.....

So fresh start, you're going to step away from the junk, slowly. Put down the cookie. Go for a walk, even if its not a workout walk, just a stroll. It'll help you get your mind off the cookies!