Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in Nov. (The Month of The Turkey)

Jeni,

Here are some tough-love words.

Are you happy with your weight where it is? You are down quite a few pounds. Are you content to stay where you are? Statistically most people only lose 40-60% of their excess weight with the band. Do you want to be part of that average or do you want to more successful than average?

If you're taking a break have a real plan for its end time. Know that we are getting into the hardest time of year for people to maintain, let alone not gain weight with Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year pending. Is this the time to get lazy?

Are you going to let the cold keep you on your butt until March, because it's just starting and that's a long time to wait to move.

So, yeah, I got blah and then I got serious. I didn't have this surgery to be half assed about it. Yes, taking a break is important to keep form getting burned out, but don't let the weather determine if you sit out on life or not.

Much love and hugs.

Jeni,

Here are some tough-love words.

Are you happy with your weight where it is? You are down quite a few pounds. Are you content to stay where you are? Statistically most people only lose 40-60% of their excess weight with the band. Do you want to be part of that average or do you want to more successful than average?

If you're taking a break have a real plan for its end time. Know that we are getting into the hardest time of year for people to maintain, let alone not gain weight with Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year pending. Is this the time to get lazy?

Are you going to let the cold keep you on your butt until March, because it's just starting and that's a long time to wait to move.

So, yeah, I got blah and then I got serious. I didn't have this surgery to be half assed about it. Yes, taking a break is important to keep form getting burned out, but don't let the weather determine if you sit out on life or not.

Much love and hugs.

OH JULI - Thanks i think i really needed that.. Its just hard when you take that break to get back into the swing of things... But NO MORE EXCUSES right? :)

Jeni

There isn't a gyn withing 30 mins of me so I don't go to one. I do weights (sometimes) and have an elipical (sp) trainer (which kills me). I did get a easy stepper that sits right next to my bed and when I get up I get on it and I try to do it when I get home and I do do it before bed. I am up to 150 (really 300) steps each time. I find that since it is sitting right there and I have to walk around it to get in/out of bed, I use it. Now if I could just find a way to get my Sweating to the Oldies done, I would be one happy camper.

Mrs. Husker

Thats actually a good idea... a stepper next to the bed .. i might go out and buy one...( but ill put it somewhere where i wont trip on it b/c i tend to well hurt myself walking barefoot and on even path :) )

And my gym is actually close enough to walk or bike too.. actually saying that i think i may ride my bike to the gym today, while i still have a chance too :clap2:)

Ok so after 3 weeks of nothing today i finally went walking with my dog (well its more like jogging with the way my dog pulls... for a little dog he sure is strong) for 1.5 hours and then went on the bicycle in my basement for a half hour... tommorrow im hitting the gym brite and early before work

:)(thanks to mrs. husker and OH Juli for the words of inspiration and as juli likes to say it tough love words)

:hail:I LOVE THIS SITE! :hug:and my fellow marchies.:whoo:

Jeni

p.s. when me and cocoa got home he went straight to lay down and was all pooped and i on the other hand still had energy to spare.... before the band it was opposite my dggie still had energy and i was dead on the couch after 30min.

Good job Jeni!!!! Unlike you, I was a baaaaad girl last night. I wanted chips last night and my husband went and got me some and I had way more than a handful. He also got some ice cream and I had some of that also. I ended up doing 300 steps on my stepper before bed (granted I did 150 then took a break and did 150 more). With my goal of 180 by Christmas, I need to get some of this tough love. Anyone wanting to give me a kick in the butt? I need it.

Good job Jeni!!!! Unlike you, I was a baaaaad girl last night. I wanted chips last night and my husband went and got me some and I had way more than a handful. He also got some ice cream and I had some of that also. I ended up doing 300 steps on my stepper before bed (granted I did 150 then took a break and did 150 more). With my goal of 180 by Christmas, I need to get some of this tough love. Anyone wanting to give me a kick in the butt? I need it.

Mrs H.

Here's your butt kicking.

Ice-cream and chips make you fat. Eating some some of the time is okay, but eating them with out regard to your weight loss is silly.

You had surgery to lose weight, SURGERY! At one point you wanted to get to goal. Go back to that time and remember what drove you seek surgery and why you set the goals that you set. Were you faking the lower number and really just wanted to be under 200? If that's the case your done. Go eat ice-cream.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

(don't hate me)

Juli

You're the best OH Juli!!! Thanks, I needed that.

As for Happy Friday Texas, I have to work Sat/Sun/Mon 12 hours shifts for deer check, so my "Friday" will not be until next week. But I do get the rest of the week off so that makes up for it. Yeah, work 3 days and get 6 off!! Yahoo!!

OH Juli,

whoo, were you talking to me?!?!? You really hit it!

I have printed your "butt-kicking" words of wisdom and am going to refer to them every time I reach for that nasty bag of m&m's or chips or try and clean off my kids dinner plate. (haven't got rid of that "wasting food" thing yet)

My weight has been up and down the same 3 pounds for almost 6 weeks.

Thank you for kicking my butt, it hurt, but I'm a better (and soon to be thinner) person because of it!

TOUGH LOVE WORKS!!!!

I got home last night after 12 hours of checking in deer and was thinking about ice cream. As soon as I stepped onto my front deck, something (or someone, hint, hint) said in my head "You had SURGERY to lose weight". Needless to say I didn't have ice cream. Thanks again OH Juli.

YAY!!!:bounce:mrs husker!!!!

<p>Where have all the Marchies gone? Man does that sound like the begining of a sad country song or what? But no joke, where is everyone?</p> <p> </p> <p>As of 8pm Sunday night, I have seen, touched, stabbed and tagged 259 deer. I have a 10 hour shift today(my boss decided he would work the first 2 hours and give me the last 10 alone) and then I am done until next Monday and I still will have about 8 hours ot that I will need to take off. I can't wait, granted I have to get through today without killing anyone, but I think I can make it.</p>