Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here about 4 years post op Sleeve?

Hi there;

My name is Lee. 53 year old female in Charlotte NC. I had the sleeve about 4 years ago. I weighed 250 at 5'4. The lowest I got was 190. Now, i think perhaps menopause is setting in, and I am eating everything in sight!

I have not gained much actual weight back, (I am 205), but I am gaining inches. All my clothes are sooooo tight. I am miserable. I am going for a bariatric consult next month. I dont know if the Sleeve can revised (upgraded), or if perhaps I should consider the gastric bypass. ??

Any thoughts in any direction? Much appreciated!

Love and Light,

Lee

FullSizeRender (1) (1).jpg

Hi there;
My name is Lee. 53 year old female in Charlotte NC. I had the sleeve about 4 years ago. I weighed 250 at 5'4. The lowest I got was 190. Now, i think perhaps menopause is setting in, and I am eating everything in sight!
I have not gained much actual weight back, (I am 205), but I am gaining inches. All my clothes are sooooo tight. I am miserable. I am going for a bariatric consult next month. I dont know if the Sleeve can revised (upgraded), or if perhaps I should consider the gastric bypass. ??
Any thoughts in any direction? Much appreciated!
Love and Light,
Lee
5aad8ae5384da_FullSizeRender(1)(1).jpg.bf052b3a859704ff2c4cb2b9b4b5d536.jpg

No personal experience but my surgeon performs duo switch to revise sleeve after weight gain or if loss is not enough.

Thanks I read about that, but didnt like the potential risks. :(

Thanks Ladies. And I have read up on the RNY- just not as popular these days.

And yes, I have thought of the IFasting. I just need to do it!! LOL I assume it is best done at night? So you are fasting for 16 hours- how many days a week?

Thanks Ladies. And I have read up on the RNY- just not as popular these days.
And yes, I have thought of the IFasting. I just need to do it!! LOL I assume it is best done at night? So you are fasting for 16 hours- how many days a week?

I fasted in the evenings... my “eating window” was from 10 AM to 6 PM, but you can move the window hours to make them work for you! Just give yourself an 8 hour window in which to eat! It’s tough at first, but gets easier! The hardest part for me was planning for weekends when we’d go out to eat, etc... but you could start with just a 10 or 12 hour window and revise from there ?!?

Hi, Had my sleeve done 10/27/2013. Live in Monmouth County, NJ Retired 2010 at age 60.Top weight 303, 296 day of surgery . One of my best decisions ever. I was 63 when I had procedure. Smooth process, in overnight so I could have the gastric leak test the following morning. Up and walking 50 minutes around 1 AM. Felt good, med staff said I didn't look like I had a procedure.

liquid diet was no fun at all and not satisfying at all. Would experiment, eat too fast and often put my finger down my thought to expel whatever was offending me. Never was a slow eater. Always would drink some liquid along with food and never chewed as long as encouraged to. Took about 6 months before I could ear 1/4 of a regular turkey sandwich, Soups were the best way to go. I am a cheap date and usually bring home half of whatever I would order. Exercise is money. Retired and active.

QuincyW --thank you for your post. I am planning RnY at (ready for this?) 72. Much as I love all the youngens' having surgery, and I do, most of them are good kids., but I can't always relate. I plan to be active the rest of my earthly days, don't know how long I'll be granted, none of us do. [emoji3]But I will face it with all the gusto I can summon. You give me somehow hope. It doesn't have to be terrible because I am a nontraditional age. Somethings may be more difficult, I can accept that. What I can not accept is the painfully heavy body.I currently live in.[emoji20]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

You are doing it for all the right reasons. Short of being married to a saint and having extraordinary daughters and granddaughters the sleeve was the best thing I have ever done.

You go my friend.

Why the Rny and not the sleeve. I have a buddy who had the Rny and it clearly doesn't yield the results of the VSG because you still maintain your WHOLE stomach.

I

Hi Lee! I had surgery June 2014. Started at 261 and lowest weight was 185. I have gained back up to 205. I'm miserable and I'm hungry ALL OF THE TIME! I am 48 and I think menopause is playing a factor with my weight gain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes I feel that my friend it can happen,

I have recently ( a1 month) been getting to my old little gym at least 4 x's per week, and tomorow my plan is to pick up a case of the choc Protein Drinks t costco which r 20 gr of Protein each and drink at least 2 a day. The weather has been horrible so u can't even enjoy a walk in the sun which is very uplifting.

No doubt there are many hormonal factors involved as well

Moderately severe GERD, I am now on Dexilant, luckily I have a copay of $3,60 and my insurance (Silver Scripts)[emoji70] picks up the rest of the $360,00 monthly. And that's at Walmart, regular pharmacy in my town, closer to $400,00, [emoji27]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

10 hours ago, tinahildey said:

Hi Lee! I had surgery June 2014. Started at 261 and lowest weight was 185. I have gained back up to 205. I'm miserable and I'm hungry ALL OF THE TIME! I am 48 and I think menopause is playing a factor with my weight gain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Tina.... yep that’s me... hungry constantly and for sweets! It’s awful! OB visit next week, since Endocrine guy said my thyroid is fine. Ughhhhh so frustrated with myself and menopause! 😩