Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bypass Surgery People- Check In!

Check in, share our successes!

Overall doing well, although I’m still worried I’m eating too much volume (ie 4 oz ground turkey looks like a lot to eat but I can no problem for a meal.

Super happy with results so far but notice a slowing now. Need to exercise more :)

Check in people!

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)

GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)

GW#2- 175

CW 189

5’6”

Congrats. I'm doing really well also. I still struggle because I can't tell if I'm eating too much or not enough. However, i'm dropping pretty good weight. The best decision that I've made. Im 12 weeks post op yesterday. I feel great. I just wanna keep the train moving. Congrats to you.

Highestet weight- 492
First App- 475
Surgery weight- 444
Current weight- 366

6'4

Nice job! Keep it up

GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 175
CW 189
5’6”

I’m not having the results I expected

Surgery 12/21/17

SW 218
CW 185

Goal weight 130-140

I’m 5’6

Hello,

My surgery was Dec. 13 and I’m down 57 pounds. It’s been really rough for me. I had a leak and almost died and I’m still recovering. I’m improving little by little, very slowly.

My weight loss has been good, and I’m really happy with it. I’ve just hit my first stall, but I know to just keep working on it and it will eventually pass.

2 hours ago, nicmarie75 said:

I’m not having the results I expected

Surgery 12/21/17

SW 218
CW 185

Goal weight 130-140

I’m 5’6

It's coming. Just be patient and trust the process. I struggle with being impatient a lot of the times and I have to remind myself to relax and let the surgery work. Only 3 months out. It'll crank up in no time.

Hey guys!

I too am a bit over three months out now. Weight loss is definitely starting to slow down here too. I can eat more than I thought I would be able to....4 ounces of ground chicken or turkey, a cup of Soup or chili goes down well, I tolerate salad very well too. I am not tolerating whole chicken unless shredded. So am not going to try steak or pork yet.

My post op visit is the 21st with the surgeon. Was hoping to be under 300, not going to make it. I guess I’ll see what he says about my progress.

HW 389

SW 369

CW 309

Surgery date 12/02/17 Gastric Bypass

Hi Kim! 75 lbs is amazing! Congrats! Im sure your Dr will be amazed at your weight loss too!

Im eating about the same too.... losing about 2-3 lbs a week at this point but a loss is a loss so Ill take it!!

Good luck with your Dr next week!

13 weeks post op here. I feel really good. Down 47-lbs since surgery, 63 total. My hair is falling out by the boat load! My 3 month check up is the end of this month. Curious to see what my lab results will be. Hope your all doing great and feeling great!

50 minutes ago, insul817 said:

13 weeks post op here. I feel really good. Down 47-lbs since surgery, 63 total. My hair is falling out by the boat load! My 3 month check up is the end of this month. Curious to see what my lab results will be. Hope your all doing great and feeling great!

Congrats to you. Keep up the good work. I'm 13 weeks post op and I'm doing really well also. So glad I took advantage of this awesome opportunity.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:49 PM, BostonWLKC said:

Hi Kim! 75 lbs is amazing! Congrats! Im sure your Dr will be amazed at your weight loss too!

Im eating about the same too.... losing about 2-3 lbs a week at this point but a loss is a loss so Ill take it!!

Good luck with your Dr next week!

I’m trying to be pleased about it. It’s frustrating when you still have another 100 to lose, but focusing on moving forwards instead of dwelling on the past is more important. I’m losing about three pounds a week, sometimes zero, sometimes five or six so it all averages out.

My biggest supporter in this is my twin and she is super proud of me and how well I’m doing so far.

Its time to focus more on activity now I’ve gotten some weight off I’m more mobile and can move better.

Love hearing updates from all you December peeps!

I’m a sleever but I thought I would check in with all of you. Congrats to all !!! Your stories are amazing —-on our way to being a lot healthier than before. My biggest issue is Constipation and recently the hair LOSS!

hw: 246
sw: 235 (2/19/17) sleeved
cw: 196 (3/18/18
gw #1: 199 (3/10/18)
He #2: 175

How are the December people doing?!

Ok here... definitely slowed weight loss

Two weeks since last check in and down 5

Otherwise doing well! Hope to hear from folks!

GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 175
CW 184
5’6”