Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting back to Work

Another March person! Anyhow, I think you should probably take as much time off as you need and not concern yourself with what other people do. Recovery from surgery is a very individual thing and you don't want to rush it because you've heard that other people go back to work quickly so you think you might be able to do that as well. Going back to work prematurely is a mistake you do not want to make.

I took two weeks because I hate my job but I could have gone back the Monday after my surgery.

I second that !!! Right now I am scheduled to be out for 4 wks but if I feel I can go back sooner or need more time. All I need to do is notify HR etc. Its definitely on case by case basis plus you must take into consideration your occupation.

I’m only taking two days but it’s because I work from home and can take breaks as needed.

Height: 5’6
BMI: 37
VSG scheduled for 4/16/18
GW: 160
MFP: Fit4LifeAR

I’ve scheduled 6 weeks off as I want to be in a good routine before going back

I took three days, then part-time remote for the next week and a half. Realistically I’m going to have to up that based on the project I’m running (looming deadline, pushy client), and I’m also stuck working this weekend... In retrospect I probably should have taken a full week off and then part-timed next week.

So far I’m without complications and healed fast, so if you’re looking for a benchmark I’d suggest at least one week and very likely two.

I took 3 weeks since my job is go go go on your feet most of the day and after 2 weeks I was NOT ready for that yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches