Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried about surgery

I am having lap and removal and gastric sleeve surgery in two weeks. I lost 73 lb over 15 years. I had a big problem with my band recently, swollen tummy,super tight band. Doc asked me about possible gastric sleeve. I thot it over for a month then went back and said YES! Set up a date but changed it due to date of new grandbaby coming. He is my first, and has become my inspiration to change my lifestyle. Will I be able to make permanent changes? Wanna be healthier, have energy and be here with my sweet baby as long as possible. I feel overwhelmed.

Edited by Ned S.
Wrong word

Just breath!!!!! it will be ok !!!!you have lots to look forward to[emoji3] I will be a first time grams too. The changes iv made and the sleeve( giving thanks to the sleeve lol) have made me a better mom and soon to be that crazy energetic grandma I will have energy and have fun with this baby. I'm really excited for you you're going to have to keep us posted

Sent from my LGL84VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, I'm a new member. I've just joined. I'm going to FINALLY have my sleeve done on March 26,18.I've been waiting for almost a year, going through lots of medical tests. But it's FINALLY almost here. I'm very excited but I too am somewhat a little scared. I'll be 63 when I go into surgery, I was hit by drunk drivers resulting in a terrible car wreck back in 1990. My health has been going down since then. I've gained so much weight that I just can't seem to manage. This Surgery actually offers me absolute Hope that I'll be able to get out, walk, work in my garden enjoy fishing on the creekbank and playing happily (pain free legs) with my 3 yr. Old Great grandson.With Our Fathers Blessings of Love, Strength and Discipline, I think my life in the near future with this sleeve will be Just Amazing. I'll be Praying for All those that are going to be "walking in my shoes" with me. Congratulations to You.

Welcome mary and congrats on your upcoming date. This is a great place to be everyone here is so helpful ....so hold on tight your life Is going to change for the good now and its a great ride I'm so thankful to get mine back and my daughter is bringing a new life into this world I can't wait to be that energetic crazy grandma .....I have 118 pounds less of dragging ass lol. Your gonna have lots of emotions its really crazy but the happy one is the best one you will hang onto durring your journey

Sent from my LGL84VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Mary Maxwell-Dowling, what a neat classy mouthful that is! I'm 72, a future RnY- er. HW355 CW323 BMI 47, strawberry blonde hair, hazel green eyes, once upon a time I was a cutie-pie, now I'm just a Big Mama. But I plan to be a little slimmer and trimmer, my GW is 170 to 175, will I make it? Well I'm gonna try.---Hey there are over 50 and over 60 postings on Bariatric Pal, look one or two of them up and join in. I too look forward to fishing, gardening, walking and maybe a little bicycling, all the things my 2 bionic knees and weight haven't let,me do. We're the Baby Boomers, we still Have our fire, drive and spunk, elsewise we wouldn't have survived to this point. I live in Central Ohio, within a 60 mile radius my entire life, an only child, widowed almost 6 years and have one son left who lives with me. I am so lucky he wants to be with me as much as I want him here. I also have 1 daughter who lives maybe 7/8th of a mile from me. I call her R.D. short for Rotten Daughter, I see her when and if she wants to see me. We all have a relative like that, it was my misfortune to give birth to mine. Ah, I will not let the thought of her drag me down! Through her I have 2 grandaughters, Amy the younger one is a Sophomore at Ohio State studying Forensic PreMedicine. Naomi the older one was married for nearly 2 years, came home with her tail between her legs& in the midst of a divorce. I assume it will be final when one of them gets sufficent money or finds someone else as an incentive. I'm not supposed to ask too much( per RD,) it only depressed poor Naomi to talk about it. What does she think, Naomi doesn't know it? Oh Whatever! I just praise God there are no great grandbabies stuck in this mess! Sure I'd love g.g.b. but not in this unstable situation. Write back if you' d like, I'm on here a lot. And I will get my surgery, some days I'd like to put legs on my prayers but I trust our God knows best. Remember Greater is He that is within us than what is in the World. I cling to the hope of a future, both here and in Heaven someday!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey frust8. You are a "card". Just what this ole gal needs to hear.I weight in now at 274. I want to get to 140-150 and the kicker to that is to STAY there.I know that this change of eating habit is all good, it'll make me Healthy, Wise and Active. But at this moment , I hate it. This is my second day of my two week low fat and low carb pre-op diet. I started it a few days early just in case I messed up. I haven't but seems like I need more to eat. I'm pretty disciplined about this ,so I'm really trying to go by the book. I live down here in North East Florida.Been here all my life.I live way out in the country, have grown younguns. My son Casey he's the oldest at almost 45, then there's Billie Jo she's 40 and my oldest baby gurl, then I have Sarah she's 35 and the real baby. Sarah lives down the road from me but the other two live down in Gainesville, Fla. The largest town close to me is Jacksonville, Florida. It's a little North and East of where I live which is called macclenny, Florida ,but folks just call it Baker county, there's actually more county than city. Lots of woods and the Okefenoke swamp. Been real good talk in to ya, hope to hear from you again soon. Nice to hear from one's going thru same thing. ,,,,mary

Thanks to all who replied to my post. I do not have anyone around me who really understands what I am going thru. Then I remembered getting on here when I first got the lap band. It saved my life!

I am getting a new start. I am 73, a new grandma, not a great grandma. My son is 39, daughter in law, 37. I am blessed by getting to see my sugar baby as often as I want. I am holding him right now. Grandma duty- I will start tendng 2 days a week, maybe 3 , in 2 moreonthsso I am gonna need energy and stamina. Little one is my inspiration to change to a healthy lifestyle. My surgery is the 1st step. Start my preop diet Monday- My Dr requires us to buy the food from them, freeze dried meals,, Protein Bars, etc. I am lucky cuz I don't have to worry about cooking! And it is only for a week! I am taking it one day at a time, one step at a time, trying not to be overwhelmed.

My son, is 38 almost 39. I hope he'll still find a good girl and make me some more grandbabies. Surely your daughter- in -law wasn't the last nice girl out there? Blessings to all of you.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app