Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 8 weeks out and only lost 33 lbs. I’m reading lots of questions answers and a lot of people are talking about the weight melting off. It stress me to think im not losing like everyone else. Just need to vent

Edited by Joyful4
Auto correct changed spelling

I’m 8 weeks out and only lost 33 lbs. I m Trang lots of questions answers and a lot of people are talking about the weight melting off. It stress me to think im not losing like everyone else. Just need a hug I guess

I'm 20 weeks out and have only lost like 35lbs so don't stress it. Just stay active and eat healthy

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thats good for 8 weeks. I loose 20 in 2 weeks. Your body is changing. It will lose a lot or less or nothing. Don't be so hard on your yourself. Best of luck and patient is the key word. [emoji111][emoji173]

7 weeks out and I’ve only lost 23 lbs. I say only because I wish it was more but I am also very happy with my results. Couldn’t have lost that much without surgery and I know I will continue to lose more. It’s a slower process than I thought it would be but staying positive

7 weeks out and I’ve only lost 23 lbs. I say only because I wish it was more but I am also very happy with my results. Couldn’t have lost that much without surgery and I know I will continue to lose more. It’s a slower process than I thought it would be but staying positive

Glad you’re staying positive. As time goes on, the weight loss really adds up. Even more noticeable is how different clothes fit even with just an additional 8-10 pounds lost. I had 24w jeans I couldn’t squeeze into before surgery. I am now out of them. They were falling off. I am now wearing size 20w jeans and have room. My surgery was 12/28/17. More good things are coming your way. [emoji253]

I’m 8 weeks out and only lost 33 lbs. I’m reading lots of questions answers and a lot of people are talking about the weight melting off. It stress me to think im not losing like everyone else. Just need to vent

You are doing great. I’ve had many weeks of stalling then my weight drops 4 pounds in a week. I’ve had days where I’ve wondered if I’m going to be someone who doesn’t lose like everyone else either (when the stalls come). Stay the course. You’re right on track. [emoji254]

Glad you’re staying positive. As time goes on, the weight loss really adds up. Even more noticeable is how different clothes fit even with just an additional 8-10 pounds lost. I had 24w jeans I couldn’t squeeze into before surgery. I am now out of them. They were falling off. I am now wearing size 20w jeans and have room. My surgery was 12/28/17. More good things are coming your way. [emoji253]

Thank you so much for the encouragement! It is so great to hear success stories.

I am 12 weeks out. Weight loss started at 6 lb a week at first, then slowed.

Average for the 12 weeks - 4.5lb a week. You aren’t far shy of that at 4.125 - better than near any diet!

Last week and this, I lost 2 lbs - but these two weeks, the comments really have started, and I am down another pants size.

The best thing with this - it is way easier, I find ‘protein first’ a really easy mantra, and the weight loss just goes on and on - and I don’t feel like I am “on a diet”. Yay!

Follow your plan, and you’ll do great.

There's no such thing as "losing like everyone else". Each of us loses a bit differently. The important part is your weight is coming down, which should lead to healthier outcomes. Good luck to you. You are not alone.