Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are my 5ft tall peeps at?

I am 5’2” and wasn’t given a specific goal weight. He just gave me this. IMG_0045.JPG.6069fe4d6f0a4a92883cc3d78668d8f3.JPG

What is the website at bottom of pic?

Lapband 9/11/07 227 pounds
Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 167.4 Dr. scale says says one pound less
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

They’re on Middle Earth with Frodo Baggins, Sam Wise Gamgee, Merry, & Pippin.

3 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

They’re on Middle Earth with Frodo Baggins, Sam Wise Gamgee, Merry, & Pippin.

That's funny. I am 6'4" and before I gained all of this weight, I used to get matched with women 5' - 5'5". No matches with any of the taller girls.

That's funny. I am 6'4" and before I gained all of this weight, I used to get matched with women 5' - 5'5". No matches with any of the taller girls.

Lol that is because short girls love tall men [emoji13]

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

Just now, Changing4me1 said:

Lol that is because short girls love tall men [emoji13]

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

I wouldn't know what it's like to date a taller woman anyway. Short or tall it doesn't matter. My ex was all of 5'4". Her whole family wasn't very tall. I felt like godzilla come to Tokyo whenever we went to visit them.

What is the website at bottom of pic?

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

That’s just the website of the doctors office

I wouldn't know what it's like to date a taller woman anyway. Short or tall it doesn't matter. My ex was all of 5'4". Her whole family wasn't very tall. I felt like godzilla come to Tokyo whenever we went to visit them.

Too funny [emoji23]

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

I’m 5 feet even. No goal weight for me, and I don’t think I will set one. I’m starting very high (362, down to 293 and still pre-op), and I think it’s highly unlikely that I would ever get to 125ish, which is around the top of the normal BMI range. I think I was last about 10 years old when I weighed that. I would be disappointed if I didn’t get under 200, though.

My doctor didn’t give me a goal weight till I was like 4 months out. I’m 5’6” so my “ideal BMI” is around 135 but I’m a size zero at that weight so it’s too low. I’m 180 and their goal for me is 160. Building a ton of muscle so I’m mostly going by size than weight. Fit in size 27 gap jeans! Vanity sizing for sure but last time I was a 32/33 there! My body is actually nearly perfect to me except I’m retaining fat in my abdomen and can lose a tiny more in my thighs and biceps.

I never got a goal weight. Only once did my dr ask me what i would like to get down to. Im still not sure what # i want, but 100lbs ago i thought 185 would be good, and my dr said that was doable. Im 5'3 and my highest was 293, i got down to 270's before surgery and now 6 months out im down to 191. Now that im close to my first goal of 185, im pretty sure im going to make a second goal of 150. Ive never been this small in my entire adult life, so its all new to me.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Heyyyy! I'm 5'0 tall and my surgery is set for April 18th!!!!! My journey began June of 2017 and it has taken so long since my surgeons went on vacation for what felt like forever and my program has been really strict due to my insurance requiring so many things.

I'm currently at 220lbs but have been experimenting with Liquid Protein shake days before my actual 2 week liquid diet starting April 4th. I feel like it is better to get in the mindset.

My surgeon said I will almost definitely get under 200lbs before surgery after the liquid diet!!

I tend to stall a lot mostly around 190, 186, 176, 172, 166, 163, 158, 155, 152, 148, 146, etc.

My goal weight is around 125lbs.

At 5'0 a healthy BMI is anywhere from 127-97 lbs.

So excited to find a group of other shorties!!!!

My surgery was this past October. I started out at 220 and I am stuck at 174. A little discouraged but am going to start on my shakes again this Saturday. I'm 5 ft even and my doctor never gave me a goal weight either! When he asked me what my goal weight, I said that I didn't care about the pounds, I just wanted to be around a size 6. I went from a size 14 in jeans and an xl in shirts to a 10/12 and medium/large shirt. I'd like to lose another 50 pounds but I just need the motivation to keep going. I will say that my taste buds have definitely changed and I no longer crave all the junk food I used to eat, so I am sure that is helping me not gain anything back! Anyone else stuck at their current weight? I've been 174 for almost 2 months.

6 hours ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

Heyyyy! I'm 5'0 tall and my surgery is set for April 18th!!!!! My journey began June of 2017 and it has taken so long since my surgeons went on vacation for what felt like forever and my program has been really strict due to my insurance requiring so many things.

I'm currently at 220lbs but have been experimenting with Liquid Protein shake days before my actual 2 week liquid diet starting April 4th. I feel like it is better to get in the mindset.

My surgeon said I will almost definitely get under 200lbs before surgery after the liquid diet!!

I tend to stall a lot mostly around 190, 186, 176, 172, 166, 163, 158, 155, 152, 148, 146, etc.

My goal weight is around 125lbs.

At 5'0 a healthy BMI is anywhere from 127-97 lbs.

So excited to find a group of other shorties!!!!

April 18 is my birthday! All great things happen on that day. :D

18 hours ago, DebbieLK said:

I was stuck for a shorter period of time and started taking Probiotics and magically my weight started dropping pretty consistently. This was a suggested by my PCP.

I am definitely going to try this. What brand are you using?