Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 days and no protin and barely any water!!

I have been having so much trouble with my Protein I cant seem to get the shakes down they're so nasty to me!( starting to feel a little week and shaky)

I've also have been having an issue with getting in fluids they tell me 64 ounces a day I only get a bout one 16 once bottle a day.( I feel full and feel like I cant fit it)

please if anyone has any Ideas let me know

I remember having a lot of trouble getting used to the Protein Shakes. I had to thin mine down quite a bit, adding extra Water helped me meet my water goals. As far as getting your water in, always have your water handy and take small sips all day. Starting from the moment you wake up (keep it bed side). The small sips will stop the ful feeling. Try adding some lemon or Mio or crystal light to your water, so you actually enjoy drinking it. It's all about retraining yourself to form new and healthy habits. And it takes up to two months for an action to become a habit! Be patient. Over time, when you're fully healed, you'll be able to drink all 64oz and more!

I will definitely try that thank you so much

I would take four shot glasses (1oz each) and drink (water or herbal tea) one every 15 minutes. This plus sugar free ice pops, sugar free Jello and broth helped me with my daily Fluid intake. For the first two weeks I was on a strict fluid diet which surprisingly didn't include a need for Protein.

I suggest getting ready to drink Protein Shakes, I hated making my own using the powder. and as for Water trust me when I say it gets easier through time. It would take me an entire day to even drink a single gatorade when i was around 8 days out. Definitely talk to your doctor but I suggest you set a timer for every 15 mins and drink whatever water you can get down.

31 minutes ago, Danny Paul said:

I would take four shot glasses (1oz each) and drink (water or herbal tea) one every 15 minutes. This plus sugar free ice pops, sugar free Jello and broth helped me with my daily Fluid intake. For the first two weeks I was on a strict Fluid diet which surprisingly didn't include a need for Protein.

thanks I will definitely try that exception of the sugar free Jello every time I've tried it my stomach hurts like crazy

8 minutes ago, Lilly___ said:

I suggest getting ready to drink Protein Shakes, I hated making my own using the powder. and as for Water trust me when I say it gets easier through time. It would take me an entire day to even drink a single gatorade when i was around 8 days out. Definitely talk to your doctor but I suggest you set a timer for every 15 mins and drink whatever Water you can get down.

I've tried a bunch ( slim fast advanced with 20 Protein I've also tried premier and choc, vanilla, strawberry whey Protein Powder and I just bought the unflavored but it still tasted like protein powder to me lol

btw if anyone needs protein powder I got some barely used lol jk

I would take four shot glasses (1oz each) and drink (water or herbal tea) one every 15 minutes. This plus sugar free ice pops, sugar free Jello and broth helped me with my daily Fluid intake. For the first two weeks I was on a strict fluid diet which surprisingly didn't include a need for Protein.

I’m having trouble getting m protein and stuff in as well but I’m only 3 days post op but I’m doing my best. I have lost 5 pounds so far since surgery

Try hot Water like Decaf tea? I still have a hard time with cold water - but cold Protein Shakes go down ok.

HW 242, SW 236- Bypass 12/20/17
GW#1- 199 [emoji736]. GW#2- 175
CW 194
5’6”

Warm broth was the easiest to take for me after surgery. Some bone broths have a decent amount of Protein. It can really help you up your Fluid and protein intake.

19 hours ago, nevermore71 said:

Warm broth was the easiest to take for me after surgery. Some bone broths have a decent amount of Protein. It can really help you up your Fluid and Protein intake.

I owe you thanks I drink broth 3-4 times a day but apparently the wrong kind lol I was only getting in 1-2 grams of protein in per serving so I switched it up and bought the Bone Broth and now ill get 30-40 grams of protein in a day so thank you so much!!!! now I don't really have to worry as much:D:D