Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I just say how much I LOVE salad, from a position last year where I hated it and considered it rather a sinful waste of a good eating opportunity.

Now clearly while I was unconscious and under the knife, one of you successfully petitioned God to change the recipe of lettuce and tomatoes to include sweetener, and red bell pepper to get rid of that disgusting bitter backtaste it used to have, and Mayonnaise so that a teaspoon goes a hugely long way and it no longer requires 1/4 cup to ale a serving palatable.

I thank you for your successful partitions to the almighty.

I am interested in other changes we are experiencing in our food tastes - so that I can try them out!

Can I just say how much I LOVE salad, from a position last year where I hated it and considered it rather a sinful waste of a good eating opportunity.
Now clearly while I was unconscious and under the knife, one of you successfully petitioned God to change the recipe of lettuce and tomatoes to include sweetener, and red bell pepper to get rid of that disgusting bitter backtaste it used to have, and Mayonnaise so that a teaspoon goes a hugely long way and it no longer requires 1/4 cup to ale a serving palatable.
I thank you for your successful partitions to the almighty.

I am interested in other changes we are experiencing in our food tastes - so that I can try them out!

I think you might have prayed for that one... Lol
My petitions are for keeping my hair

And mine tonight? To find another surgeon, receive a firm schedule date and receive my RnY before my last nerve snaps.But I will mention your hair Tealael, that way my own cute red pixie won't turn into looking like the Rock or Bruce Willis. Oy vey that would be very very bad.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

And mine tonight? To find another surgeon, receive a firm schedule date and receive my RnY before my last nerve snaps.But I will mention your hair Tealael, that way my own cute red pixie won't turn into looking like the Rock or Bruce Willis. Oy vey that would be very very bad.
Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Prayers up
That your surgery comes quickly
Goes smoothly and treats you well

That is fantastic that you like salad now.

Others will also tell you that their taste for different things changes after surgery. For me, I used to like Sriracha on almost everything, jalepenos with almost everything, and spicy food in general. No more.... my taste for those things no longer exists. Also, scrambled eggs.... liked them before surgery, but since surgery, they make me gag.

Also, Water. I have always been a big water drinker... still am, only now, and straight out of surgery (15 months post sleeve), I cannot get water down unless it is ice cold.

I love salad too love trying different types, I get a free lunch at work and still get a halloumi salad.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎27 at 8:23 PM, mylighthouse said:

Others will also tell you that their taste for different things changes after surgery. For me, I used to like Sriracha on almost everything, jalepenos with almost everything, and spicy food in general. No more.... my taste for those things no longer exists. Also, scrambled eggs.... liked them before surgery, but since surgery, they make me gag.

I'm hopeful that when I finally get to the post op stage of this journey, I'll have some seriously altered tastes (goodbye salty-crunchy... pretty please?). I was actually just pondering the spicy food thing this morning (as I was adding Sriracha to my scrambled eggs no less). I won't think I'll miss the junk food/crap, but I am concerned that I'll miss the spicy stuff.

29 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

I'm hopeful that when I finally get to the post op stage of this journey, I'll have some seriously altered tastes (goodbye salty-crunchy... pretty please?). I was actually just pondering the spicy food thing this morning (as I was adding Sriracha to my scrambled eggs no less). I won't think I'll miss the junk food/crap, but I am concerned that I'll miss the spicy stuff.

Why will spicy be an issue once healed? Inquiring minds and all. I'm a chilehead and supremely pray my spicy days are not over!

(Dear Sweet Baby Jesus please don't let me be sensitive to spicy foods one healed from RNY surgery.)

6lb-8oz-baby-jesus.JPG.458dfd1e5e76fdbb69d73eac41e98168.JPG

I've heard that for some, the spicy is a no-go after surgery... kinda like eggs. I'm hoping that I'll still be able to enjoy Cajun shrimp or buffalo style chicken (not fried of course!).

I still LOVE the spices. In fact before I left hospital (I had open surgery and a 6 day stay) I was adding chilli to my yoghurt.

I had never heard of Sriracha until here - tracked some down (see how influential you people are?) and it is my new favourite!

As for salty-crunchy, @MrsGamgee, I have discovered a new thing for me - beetroot chips. Salty, crunch, and after about half a dozen, I am content. These days I seem to effortlessly stop eating before I feel stuffed. Hard to describe - I seem to sort of lose interest, even in my favourites, before I get stuffed full. A new phenomenon for me.

Glad to hear that the spicy stuff still works for you... gives me hope. :) And I will check out those beetroot chips! Thanks for the recommendation!

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Why will spicy be an issue once healed? Inquiring minds and all. I'm a chilehead and supremely pray my spicy days are not over!

(Dear Sweet Baby Jesus please don't let me be sensitive to spicy foods one healed from RNY surgery.)

6lb-8oz-baby-jesus.JPG.458dfd1e5e76fdbb69d73eac41e98168.JPG

Hahaaa!

No, Fluffy, spicy shouldn't be a prob at all for your tummy. I see MANY of people on here that spice up everything post surgery. It's just me, I'm strange. It is also just so strange how the taste buds change (for many) after surgery.

I wanted to still enjoy my homemade sesame chicken wings one day again after surgery. With killer spicy wing sauce. (Stubbs.). Well, a few months out, I was able to have one wing as a meal, and the spicy sauce was just as good as before. Now, 7 months out, I can eat two wings with sauce as a meal.

My tastes didn’t change except post surgery I never ate anything sweet so I lost the cravings for it. But the things I loved, eggs, spicy stuff, have not changed. I used to enjoy salad, probably still would, but since I eat Protein first at every meal, I only take in a few bites of any salad or veg. And that is how it’s supposed to be.

With due respect to the OP about veering off post (but the OP was me, so “go ahead, sweetie, permission granted”)

I AM OFFICIALLY NO LONGER OBESE !!!

Yeeee-f’ing-haaaaaaaa

I know, here on the side of the page it says 30 but that is just rounding - the calculator says 29.8 and that is just beautiful!

Edited by Biddynz