Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking NYC Sleeve Buddy

@Staceyb2121 &[mention=323004]Missrut718[/mention] - what has been your overall experience with NYBG? Dr Holliver seems great but I’m not a fan of the nutritionalist. Also, how did you feel going directly to purée after surgery? It was a bit much for me and I stuck with shakes and yogurt. Adding Soup and eggs this week.

Which nutritionist did you meet with? I met with Shara Lazar. I thought my initial consult was quit rushed and the packet that they gave us was not super informative. I bought that package though so we’ll see how she is when I make my appointments through that. I had no problems going right to purees, thankfully. I have been sticking more to the yogurts and ricotta type stuff though. I did make turkey chili but I puréed it to a thin consistency.

HW: 296
SW: 277
CW: 268
GW: 150
Sleeved 3/12/18

1 hour ago, NYCNomad said:

@Staceyb2121 &@Missrut718 - what has been your overall experience with NYBG? Dr Holliver seems great but I’m not a fan of the nutritionalist. Also, how did you feel going directly to purée after surgery? It was a bit much for me and I stuck with shakes and yogurt. Adding Soup and eggs this week.

I have been a patient of NYBG for about 6 years and that office has been nothing less then fantastic, I can't say enough good things. Of course, I don't really see the doctors unless its surgery or an endoscopy but the staff is great. I really just see the PA, Nicole. I also saw Sharon for the nutrition consult and for my first follow up. I email a lot and my questions are always answered pretty quickly. As for soft foods, I didn't have any problems and stayed on all Protein soft for the month and just started solid protein,

I have been a patient of NYBG for about 6 years and that office has been nothing less then fantastic, I can't say enough good things. Of course, I don't really see the doctors unless its surgery or an endoscopy but the staff is great. I really just see the PA, Nicole. I also saw Sharon for the nutrition consult and for my first follow up. I email a lot and my questions are always answered pretty quickly. As for soft foods, I didn't have any problems and stayed on all Protein soft for the month and just started solid Protein,

Good to know. I will start sending emails if I’m unsure about anything!

CW: 268
Sleeved 3/12/18

How did your post-op appointments go?

CW: 266
Sleeved 3/12/18

Went well! I had a work dinner tonight (4-course, fancy restaurant) and doc cleared me to sample mushy things. Have to say it was an interesting experience! I couldn’t take more than 2-3 bites without feeling full. Was good to know the sleeve works because I’ve been drinking Water so fast that I was a bit concerned.

The servers kept asking if everything was alright or if I had any special dietary restrictions when I kept turning down the passed apps. Finally I told them I was on a special diet and they let me be. Note to self, let them know ahead of time to prevent extra attention being drawn.

Hey how was your surgery? I'm from NYC, My surgery date was 3/13. Today is actually the first day I felt a bit normal.

Sent from my 831C using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi i had surgery 03/12. At bellevue hospital nyc. Im not going to lie, for me surgery hasn’t been a big deal i don’t get a lot of nausea or pain. I felt okey the 4 day after surgery i started doing my normal activities right away even my family members are impressed because it is like nothing happened. I’ve lost 15 pounds already. My nutritionist is giving me a 4 weeks liquid diet post op witch has been the hardest part because, im craving real food a lot. I don’t like those Protein Shakes anymore, im so tired of all this liquids.< br>

Oh wow that is impressive. I felt like crap until yesterday. I had surgery in lenox hill hospital, I still get nauseated just not as bad. I haven't weigh in yet, kind of nervous to even look at the numbers I know I'll obsess over it. The Protein Shakes have been heavy on my stomach especially because I'm still not used to 4oz every hour. I try to get my liquid through everything sugar free ice pops, Jello, ice cubes, tea, etc etc.

Sent from my 831C using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my one moth today. I lost 10 more pounds for a total of 26 from pre op and 17 from surgery.

How is everyone doing?

NYC here. Sleeved 4/15/18. Also looking for support. Would be nice to talk to people who understand what you’re going through