Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6lbs away from knowing I made it...

I had Gastric Bypass on 10/17/17 and my surgery weight was 475lbs. My heaviest weight ever recorded was 581lbs on Jan 9th of 2017

today I weighed in at 405lbs 70 down since surgery and 176 total since last Jan.

Going back to Junior high and school I can't remember the last time I was able to tell someone that I was 3 something and even though that's still a large # it's not 400 and it's not 500 and it defiantly not near the almost 600 I was at just over a year ago,

I've been struggling a little bit with the scale the last 6-8 weeks. It would either stay the same or go down 1/2 pond here and there. These last 8 pounds since being 408 has been a real struggle I just want to see that scale say 399 and that will be the true milestone point for me in this journey that I've made it that all this hard work is paying off and I can move on to the next goal.

I know it seems silly to think this way being that I've already lost 176lbs and that should be a milestone on it's own and trust me I don't shy away from that at all.

It's just a personal thing to me that I see 399 or less when I just on the scale. Not sure if any of you can relate or have had some similar experiencies and can give some encouragement.

I hope this post finds all of you well and on a successful journey of your own.

Thanks everyone!!

You're doing great!! Keep up all the good work! I'm waiting for onederland. I'm at 230 now. Can't wait to see the scale say 199. My goal is 140 for a healthy bmi but I will feel so great to see 199 on that scale x

4 minutes ago, MsTipps said:

You're doing great!! Keep up all the good work! I'm waiting for onederland. I'm at 230 now. Can't wait to see the scale say 199. My goal is 140 for a healthy bmi but I will feel so great to see 199 on that scale x

Thank You!!! Yes My wife just recently got into the 199 and down to 192 It's just a different feeling it puts it in a different mindset. It's like that thumb or hurdle that I've been running the race but and jumping over hurdle over hurdle but when I get to this one I trip over it.

Thanks for responding.

1 hour ago, TooBIG.net said:

I can't remember the last time I was able to tell someone that I was 3 something and even though that's still a large # it's not 400 and it's not 500

Well done to date.

I was one of the outliers on here back in July last year.

I began at 191.8kg (422 pounds) some time back. Despite the fact that Australia went metric 46 years ago, I still like to check my numbers in pounds and stones as well.

Check the RED figure in the table ... I fell under 300 pounds last week.

Date

Mass kg

Mass lb

Mass st

BMI

Heaviest Mass

01/Mar/2006

191.8kg

422.85lb

30.2st

Start Mass

17/Jul/2017

174.6kg

384.93lb

27.49st

Pre-op Mass

12/Oct/2017

158.4kg

349.21lb

24.94st

Current Mass

19/Feb/2018

136.0kg

299.83lb

21.42st

Goal Mass

10/Jun/2019?

74.6kg

164.46lb

11.75st

My next target to pass in my "fall" is 20 stone (280 pounds).

15 minutes ago, MsTipps said:

Can't wait to see the scale say 199.

Yeah, that will be a great day ... hopefully early 2019 for me.

Good luck maintaining your downward trend.

Good luck on your journey, you have come so far already, I'm still a 3fer hoping for 2niceland and dreaming of onederland. My goal,that I've planned? 175 or a 15/16. will it happen? Only with surgery and then some serious dietary labor. Can it happen? It is my belief it can and I'll use every bit of my will, all the breath in my body and all the strength I can summon until it happens or I die in the attempt which at 72 Could occur. This I swear on a jug of whey Protein and a case of Muscle Milk, so help me Bariatric Pal.!!!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats! That's wonderful progress. You should be so proud of yourself!!

1 hour ago, TooBIG.net said:

I had Gastric Bypass on 10/17/17 and my surgery weight was 475lbs. My heaviest weight ever recorded was 581lbs on Jan 9th of 2017

today I weighed in at 405lbs 70 down since surgery and 176 total since last Jan.

Going back to Junior high and school I can't remember the last time I was able to tell someone that I was 3 something and even though that's still a large # it's not 400 and it's not 500 and it defiantly not near the almost 600 I was at just over a year ago,

I've been struggling a little bit with the scale the last 6-8 weeks. It would either stay the same or go down 1/2 pond here and there. These last 8 pounds since being 408 has been a real struggle I just want to see that scale say 399 and that will be the true milestone point for me in this journey that I've made it that all this hard work is paying off and I can move on to the next goal.

I know it seems silly to think this way being that I've already lost 176lbs and that should be a milestone on it's own and trust me I don't shy away from that at all.

It's just a personal thing to me that I see 399 or less when I just on the scale. Not sure if any of you can relate or have had some similar experiencies and can give some encouragement.

Thanks everyone!!

You're doing great. Keep up the hard work. Work through the stall and you'll eventually beat it.

Congratulations on your weight loss! You’re doing great! I can totally relate to wanting to see a certain number. For me it was hitting 185 which brought me out of obese and into overweight. It felt great to hit that number but it definitely took a bunch of stalls to get there. It helps to have a mindset of “if I don’t gain, I’m winning”. So if the scale doesn’t move up but it also doesn’t move down I’m not disappointed. Good luck to you and I hope you hit your magic number soon!

AWESOME job!!! You have accomplished so much! Keep working and we will be here cheering you on! You CAN do this!

your doing great work!!! Keep on keeping on!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I know where you are at. Just keep doing what you are doing. Try not to focus on the numbers. I am having a revision from sleev to RNY. I got down when I got to 245 last time and gave up. This time I am going to focus on my eating not the scale (I hope I can do that). Good luck. Keep going

HW 225

SW 221

CW 305

GW 200

RNY 3/7/18

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, TooBIG.net said:

Thanks everyone!!

I just came across this post tonight and first congratulations. Second thank you for sharing your story. I am just starting out and my surgery is in May but I have been so nervous about being too big for surgery (finally in the 4's). I know that seems odd since it is weight loss surgery lol but my brain goes to the scary side. I'm trying to keep myself calm and keep going as I know I need this. Just wanted to say thanks because it was helpful for me to see a bigger person's success story. Good luck on your continued journey as well :-)

On 2/25/2018 at 8:22 AM, TooBIG.net said:

Thanks everyone!!

Can so relate. while the number is not the same i feel a since urgency to see 199 instead of 200 something and it will not go away. it been more than 15 years since i weighed under 200 and now all i think about before each saturday weigh in is did i finaly make it below 200. Mentaly these last 4 pounds in the 200's are really doing a number on me.

I even put on a pair of 34x29 levi 501 yesterday and i put them back and told myself again no new pants till we get below 200.

i have worked my way back thru all my old jeans from 48 down to last pair i had stored a 42 and i am on my 3rd belt but i still cant get that dam number out of my head. its get below 200 or nothing else matters.

The mental game is as hard or harder than the eating part post surgery.

good luck and take a moment to enjoy breaking that threshold when it comes and try to find a lot of small milestones to give you a since of progress.

Your weight will not be the mark of progress.

Being able to put my wedding ring back on was a big one for me.

going to Scottish games with my daughter and walking around all day was a big one for me.

try to find these non weight milestones and embrace them.

good luck