Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 weeks post op, not losing

I'm 7 weeks post op. I've lost 27 pounds. The 1st 20 in the 1st four weeks. I've pretty much stopped losing. I know I need to slow down when I eat. I start with Protein cause that's what we are to do. By the time. I eat 4 or 5 bites of meat I'm full. I never get to my veggies or to fruit. Then 2 hours later I'm hungry again. Does this happen to anyone else?

Sent from my LG-LS998 using BariatricPal mobile app

How many calories are you taking in per day? Carbs? Protein? How much Water are you taking in per day? What do you do for exercise?

In terms of the every 2 hours thing, I eat about every 2 hours all day long and have since I had the surgery 16 months ago. I have to eat this way to be able to meet all of my necessary macros each day.

You've likely hit a stall, which is going to happen over and over again. It is just part of the process. But knowing more information about your situation will allow people to give you some more useful advice...

I eat 1200 calories a day. 6 little meals of 200 calories each. 60+ grams of protien, low glycemic carbs, fruits and veggies. I walk 5-7 miles a day. I have terrific energy, and I'm never hungry. Weight loss has been slow and steady.

Stalls happen. Everyone experiences them. Just stay the course...you're doing fine.

It’s still to early to be concerned!

I’m losing.......my mind because I can’t eat an entire prime rib or rack of lamb or a dozen slabs of BBQ ribs of 50 hot wings or an entire deep dish pizza! But then I look around at my family & realize that I’m here on earth hopefully for a prolonged amount of time so a half a cup of food every 3 hours will be just fine! Oops guess I went off topic so my dietitian recommend that I don’t weigh myself for at least 3 months. He said the body does Stranger Things (notice the innuendo) during the first few months & it’s different for each individual. Don’t be concerned with numbers until after this time.

16 minutes ago, sleeved2win said:

I've giving up weighing myself too@seahawksfan because the scales not moving, but I feel great... until I see the number hasn't changed.

Forget it! I'm just gonna concentrate on feeling great.

Even if the scale is slow in just 4 weeks I can breathe & move so much easier & my clothes are loose. When the numbers on the scale are at a snails pace something is happening somewhere else. Inches are coming off & breathing is improved. Troublesome tasks become easier & easier each day. I can move around & get less winded so yeah numbers on the scale shouldn’t be the key focus at this point! Things are happening in other areas!

48 days in and the scale has stopped..
I have lost 30 pounds but it’s just so annoying... I know I’m not hitting my goals.. I’m at maybe 400 cal. A day 40oz of Water and 40g of protein..
I feel great and notice a change in clothing.. but stupid scale lol
I need to do some more jogging..
Good luck to everyone..

On 2/15/2018 at 1:18 PM, BrandNewMe495 said:

48 days in and the scale has stopped..
I have lost 30 pounds but it’s just so annoying... I know I’m not hitting my goals.. I’m at maybe 400 cal. A day 40oz of Water and 40g of protein..
I feel great and notice a change in clothing.. but stupid scale lol
I need to do some more jogging..
Good luck to everyone..

That seems very low for calorie intake. How many weeks out are you?

8 hours ago, sandra305 said:

That seems very low for calorie intake. How many weeks out are you?

I agree with Sandra - 400 calories is super low. My nutritionist said the #1 reason for stalls is not getting enough calories. Try upping your calories to 800 (high Protein of course) and see if the scale begins to move again.

I saw my dietician yesterday because I think I am starting to stall as well. She said that I need to get at least 70 grams of Protein, and 800 calories a day. Less than that and your body starts to really slow it's metabolism to conserve fuel. So, you need to eat (especially protein) to lose. Weird I know!

Sent from my SM-G955F using BariatricPal mobile app

thank you everyone. I'm currently working out at curves at least 3 times a week, I ride my stationary bike 30 minutes or more on the days I don't work out at curves and I also do Water aerobics, 3 times or more a week. I'm eating Protein, have considered going back to the shakes to see what would happen. When I started curves they weighed and measured me. I will get weighed again on Friday but not measured until March 14th. I weighed there yesterday on my own and had gained 2 pounds. I eat 3 or 4 bites of something, usually meat, and I'm full. what kind of meals are you all eating? I'm staying away from sugar and most carbs but that doesn't seem to help either. It's just so discouraging. I thought the weight would just drop off. But then when I think that I've lost almost 30 pounds in 8 weeks I feel better. Thank you again for your responses. Lets me know I'm not the only one in the boat!! LOL

I'm 7 weeks post op. I've lost 27 pounds. The 1st 20 in the 1st four weeks. I've pretty much stopped losing. I know I need to slow down when I eat. I start with Protein cause that's what we are to do. By the time. I eat 4 or 5 bites of meat I'm full. I never get to my veggies or to fruit. Then 2 hours later I'm hungry again. Does this happen to anyone else?
Sent from my LG-LS998 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have had very few stalls (you can see my stats in my signature) but one is the few was in week 5. This is physics and if you have a significant calorie deficit you will lose but it is not useful to think of this as a daily loss.

I do weigh myself daily and track daily but it’s been useful to identify trends.

I now do a calorie and carb spike about every 5-6 days. I have now added one day of liquid fasting. The point is to tweak your diet and nutrition to maximize weigh loss in he Honeymoon phase.