Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Anyone?

Hi,

I’ve embarked on my Journey. I’m with Kaiser Richmond. My psych appt is with Dr. Z in 2 weeks. I’m very nervous and would love to know what to expect:)

I would also love to hear your stories from Kaiser Richmond:)

Thanks!

I have Kaiser in NoVa. I have two more months of prereqs that i pray i finish in time. My mom fell ill about 6 months ago so she has been my priority, but now its time to reset my priorities.

I have Kaiser in NoVa. I have two more months of prereqs that i pray i finish in time. My mom fell ill about 6 months ago so she has been my priority, but now its time to reset my priorities.

Good for you for taking care of your Mom. 2 more months? That’s rough :-/

Yes i have two more nutritionists appts (im mot really fond of my nutritionist) and i have to do the hw associated with those appts (meal tracking etc) and i need a psych eval and one more surgeon class. I hope my sleep test results arent outdated.

did you find it hard tracking meals and sticking to foodplans for the surgery?

Also, i wont be telling my family that I am having the surgery until the nutritionist says ive completed my prereqs. Dont want unsolicited advice from fam.

Ok, so...I'm new to the forum. I am having my appointment with the Surgeon today at Richmond Kaiser. I have completed the Orientation/Nutrition meeting. I hope the Surgeon doesn't ask me to lose a lot of weight as I am ready to go now! I have watched so many videos about the sleeve surgery I feel like I could perform one. Crossing fingers this goes quick!

i havent had time for appts bc im trying to get my mom into a nursing home and now im looking for a new job. I really dont want to start this whole process over 😳😧😩

My surgeon appointment was good. I have Dr. Im and I like him. He asked me to lose 10 lbs and I next meet with Dr. Z the psych. on May 3rd. I am hoping for surgery the second or third week in June.

Hey! I just attended the orientation at Kaiser Richmond today. My next appointment is May 14th with Dr. Mostaedi.

Dr. M spoke at my orientation. Seems like a good doctor. I still have a few pounds to lose to make goal weight. I wonder if you have to be exactly at goal for them to schedule the next appointment? I'm gonna bust my hump to get as much off before May 3rd.

Thanks for that info! I'm looking forward to meeting him.

I would imagine that if you have been keeping a food log and can show what you've done to make progress toward your goal, they'll be happy with that, but obviously that's just speculation on my part. Good luck! I bet you can definitely do it.

Hey friends, how's your progress going? I met with Dr. Mostaedi yesterday and he gave me the go-ahead for surgery. Now I just have to try and get an appointment with Dr. Z... the next one they had available was June 25th. :/ So I just have to call every day and see if there's a cancellation. Really hoping to get that done so I can get a surgery date scheduled for this summer!

I met Dr. Z. My advice to you is to write down your food log exactly as the binder says, 3 Proteins with 2 veggies or 1 fruit and 1 small carb. My food log was an actual food log and he said my log was "crap". I am required to submit 2 full weeks of diet logs for him to review before allowing me to schedule with the Case Manager. I still have yet to hit goal weight so that is slowing down my progress too. Too much stress about this and life with the fam. Keep me updated with your progress since we seem to be the only ones for our facility!

Thanks for the advice!! Sorry that happened and that you've been struggling. :(

I am kind of a control freak, so I have been sticking exactly to the diet and recording all of it in a daily log (with weights/amounts of food) , except that I've eliminated the starches at Breakfast and lunch. Are you just struggling to keep to the diet, or to write it down the way he wanted? I've found a routine with the diet that works pretty well, let me know if I can be supportive at all. The diet is working amazingly well for me... in the 2 and a half weeks since orientation, I've lost 11 pounds. Hopefully what I have written will work! I'm really hoping to get the psych eval done so that I can schedule a mid-July surgery date.

Edited by CapGal26