Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So having eaten 3 teaspoons of white fish in low fat parsley sauce, chewing at least 20 times and waiting a minute between bites, I now have crippling upper gi pain and am experiencing the foamies for the first and please god, the last time. What do I do? I feel a bit afraid! X

Walk it off. That's what I do. Keep moving and it will subside.

It's happened to me 3 times, after over eating. Eventually I hurl and feel better. It stinks!

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

How long does it usually take? I've been pacing about the house for 2 hours. Been majorly sick twice but the pain and foamies are still here. It's killing me x

The foamies are usually associated with dumping syndrome. Though if the sauce was low fat, I don't know why you would dump. The only thing you can do is walk and wait for it to pass. If it turns into an awful trip to the bathroom, that would pretty much clinch it that it is dumping syndrome and something you ate was too rich in fat or sugar.

Checked packaging - 3.1g fat and 3.2g carb - 105 calories per serving. I haven't managed quarter of it. It doesn't make sense. Hope it's not a stricture. So paranoid! X

Edited by MsTipps

Wow. So sorry to hear you're going through this. Hope you walk it off soon! ((hugs))

How long does it usually take? I've been pacing about the house for 2 hours. Been majorly sick twice but the pain and foamies are still here. It's killing me x

I didn't mean to sound cavalier. The few times it happened to me, I tried to walk it off, and finally found a spot near a trash can or toilet. I think for me the whole episode lasted under an hour. The first was due to dry chicken, and then my first post op Thanksgiving meal (too much!) the next time. The pain started, like I had to burp, then the foamies, and finally hurling. But the 'good news' is I instantly felt better, like I only threw up the excess, like what was stuck in my esophagus. Much less traumatic than puking with the flu! But still not fun, nor something I want to do again.

I hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey folks. Thanks for your messages.

After 3.5 hours of walking around and puking it settled enough so I could sleep. It feels fine this morning but I plan to go back to liquids only for a few days as that was so horrid and I can't understand why it happened.

there hasn't been a nasty toilet trip so I'm not sure wtf that was about but definitely don't fancy repeating it.

@cheezeater foamies is when you're either dumping through eating too much, too quickly or something too high in fat/sugar. I think something must have got stuck in my pouch as I was eating low fat/sugar and hadn't eaten much. Your saliva etc has nowhere to go so it all froths up and comes back up in frothy/slimy mouthfuls and makes you vomit. I had loads of upper left quadrant pain. Very unpleasant and gross. Xx

That sounded like a horrible experience! I’m glad that you are feeling better @MsTipps.

42 minutes ago, Tyson4834 said:

That sounded like a horrible experience! I’m glad that you are feeling better @MsTipps.

Thanks @Tyson4834. I've went back to full liquids and feel fine now. I'm keeping Water and Protein Shakes down with no problems so I'm going to do pureed food tomorrow in the hope that I'll be ready for soft food next week. I was pretty scared tbh! The doc says if it happens again, he would want to check me out for a stricture so keeping my fingers crossed that it's not that and instead, I've just got a temperamental tummy :) xx