Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 1/30/18

Newbie here. Looking forward to sharing my journey with others who have had the gastric sleeve surgery. I am one week list op today. The first week was awful for me. I really questioned what I had done. I had to go back in hospital for IV fluids as I was unable to get even the tiniest sips of Water down. After receiving the fluids I started feeling great!

Today I started the full liquid diet. Not quite sure of amounts im suppose to be taking in at a time. Still getting use to figuring out when I'm actually full.

Sorry to bring up this subject, but No bowel movement yet so dr. said to take half dose of Milk from magnesia. Praying it moves things along😊💩. Anyone else have problems with bms ?

Edited by Zanstt

I'm a week out also. I was able to do ice chips first then very little Water. I did good until yesterday I started craving food. I'm trying to fight the feeling. Just have to break the habit of wanting certain foods. I didn't have a bowel movement till yesterday. Try more water.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Newbie here. Looking forward to sharing my journey with others who have had the gastric sleeve surgery. I am one week list op today. The first week was awful for me. I really questioned what I had done. I had to go back in hospital for IV fluids as I was unable to get even the tiniest sips of Water down. After receiving the fluids I started feeling great!
Today I started the full liquid diet. Not quite sure of amounts im suppose to be taking in at a time. Still getting use to figuring out when I'm actually full.
Sorry to bring up this subject, but No bowel movement yet so dr. said to take half dose of Milk from magnesia. Praying it moves things along. Anyone else have problems with bms ?

In the early stages Milk of Magnesia is your friend. It gets a lot easier when you take in more Water and expand your diet.

HW 309
SW. 274
CW. 217
GW 190
Surgery 09/25/17

I had surgery 1/29. I took milk of mag one week out due to no bm. I'll just say it worked :)

I’ve taken milk of magnesia every day and still nothing! It’s really uncomfortable😩.

BMs come after a bit and then don't seem right. Even now I don't have a BM every other day which is what I hope for. I had to start taking stool softners.