Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I behind. I think I'm behind

No, we can't compare. Yes, we're all different, but I do think I am somewhat the "turtle" here. I am doing everything they say.

But, I keep seeing people who have had the surgery same time as I, and they're blowing me out of the Water

Stats. Surgery day Dec 11, - 321 Today 291 ( 8 weeks out)

I've only lost 30 pounds since surgery and 53 since preop diet ( yes, I lost a gigantic chunk in that two week preop sucker)

Your opinion?

And yes, I'm working out!

Jo

Edited by Toomanytacos
d

No, you are not behind. You are doing perfect. Please God...stop obsessing. Be patient...all is well.

Keep in mind the way information is reported here is often confusing. Also..people lie, or make mistakes entering stuff and can't figure out how to correct them. And you never know where they're counting from...day of surgery...or 7 months ago when they started their diet...etc. And maybe the person who is reporting losing twice as much weight...is smoking or doing cocain to cope...or has an stricture they'll be hospitalized for next week......or God knows what else. You just don't know.

Is your doctor happy with your progress? Yes.

Are you making the important changes to your eating habits and exercise habits? Yes.

Are you up against hundreds of thousands of years of evolutionary adaptations that help protect human beings in times of famine, and bad hunting/gathering seasons? Yes, you are. If we lose weight fast....our body puts on the brakes and has all sorts of defense mechanisms to avoid starving to death. Very, very helpful in a survival situation....really insanely annoying when dieting! Grin and bear it and be patient. Keep up the good habits and you will eventually lose. I promise.

3 hours ago, Toomanytacos said:

I've only lost 30 pounds since surgery and 53 since preop diet

That is okay ...

I'm 115 days post-op. That's sixteen and a half weeks.

It's six and a half months ... 28 weeks since i met my surgeon.

Total loss = 36kg (80 pounds).

Loss since op = 20.1kg (45 pounds).

You're doing fine. Your trend is good ... like mine ... and way better than being obese!

NOTE: I am male, 62 yo and I swim 2 to 3 hours daily.

You’re doing great. Just keep pushing, losses can be lumpy. We share a date, l’ve lost a little over more than 10 lbs more than you since surgery (296 to 253 as of this am).... so we’re not too far apart. I’m a guy, which means faster loss most likely. My program says I’m in the middle of the ranges they expect, so you would be right in range too. Some lose faster or slower, but we all end up the same. Hang in there!

You're doing fantastic!! To have lost 30 pounds is amazing - that's over 9% of your surgery weight!! XXX

3 hours ago, Losebig said:

You’re doing great. Just keep pushing, losses can be lumpy. We share a date, l’ve lost a little over more than 10 lbs more than you since surgery (296 to 253 as of this am).... so we’re not too far apart. I’m a guy, which means faster loss most likely. My program says I’m in the middle of the ranges they expect, so you would be right in range too. Some lose faster or slower, but we all end up the same. Hang in there!

Thanks Losebig. You know, I compare myself to you because we share this date .. There is you and a few others and man, yall are blowing me out of the Water. I am happy for you, I am so happy. I just don't want to be behind.

You know this is all or ours fear (if we're honest) . "What if all I lose is 50 pounds and this is it. My losing weight never continues on" Okay, maybe it's just MY fear lol.

Can I ask your name. I've forgotten.

Thanks for yoru encouragement.

I'm glad we're friends. Wait, we are, right?

We're in this journey, putting away all the taco's - together

Hugs

Joanna

28 minutes ago, MsTipps said:

You're doing fantastic!! To have lost 30 pounds is amazing - that's over 9% of your surgery weight!! XXX

Thanks Girl

Others are losing more. But as Creek said, how much of that is pre surgery diet or whatever..

Hi, can I just tell you? You're profile picture is gorgeous? That color looks great on you, too..

:)

11 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

Also..people lie

This is always the elephant in the room. You never truly know people on a forum. Some people just crave the attention because they receive none in the real world.

14 minutes ago, BigViffer said:

This is always the elephant in the room. You never truly know people on a forum. Some people just crave the attention because they receive none in the real world.

Are YOU calling me an elephant? Lol

:)

I hear ya.

Thanks

Stop eating so many tacos, just kidding. My doctor and dietician said to expect about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. Are you averaging that? Do not be too hard on yourself, the weight will come off. This is a marathon and not a sprint.

3 minutes ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Stop eating so many tacos, just kidding. My doctor and dietician said to expect about 1.5 to 2 pounds a week. Are you averaging that? Do not be too hard on yourself, the weight will come off. This is a marathon and not a sprint.

3 minutes ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Lol. You're funny

Did your .. well wait. Didn't you feel like this? I wonder though. How come so many lose tons in the beginning and they seem to lose a lot fast. And you think, something is wrong with my sleeve. I've even wondered if they cut enough of my stomach off lol..

The reality is, I'm being irrational. I am only 2 months out. Surely, my weight loss won't stop here and now.

For the record people, I DO have an anxiety disorder, so be gentle on me lol

Thanks everyone

Hugs

I feel the exact same way. I feel like I'm losing really slowly, and it's annoying- but I only feel that way when I compare myself to others. If I hadn't had the sleeve and I lost this weight in this amount of time I would be jumping for joy and amazed at my success.

Why are we so hard on ourselves?!

I like to remind myself that the slower it comes off, the more time my skin has to "snap back," the easier it will be to keep my surgery a secret (which it is), and as long as I continue on the current path, I will reach my first goal of fitting in my cute bathing suit by Memorial Day.

I bet if you focus on the positive it will help. And you must quit reading people's stats! If you use the mobile app it is harder to find that stuff. I recommend it.

12 minutes ago, Toomanytacos said:

Lol. You're funny

Did your .. well wait. Didn't you feel like this? I wonder though. How come so many lose tons in the beginning and they seem to lose a lot fast. And you think, something is wrong with my sleeve. I've even wondered if they cut enough of my stomach off lol..

The reality is, I'm being irrational. I am only 2 months out. Surely, my weight loss won't stop here and now.

For the record people, I DO have an anxiety disorder, so be gentle on me lol

Thanks everyone

Hugs

Yes, I felt the same way. I am convinced my wife's sleeve is smaller than mine. I still wonder about how fast it is coming off. I also suffer from an anxiety disorder and can relate. Try not to weigh yourself too often, that is one thing I have had to learn. Also take measurements and see if you are losing inches instead of pounds. Your body needs time to adjust to the drastic change it is experiencing.

You are not even done with your 12 weeks recovery are you? I'm confused over the nature of your question. You appear to be doing great. What is your concern? That you aren't dropping a lb a day? You need to allow your body to heal and recover, you are still retaining fluids, your body is still healing and knitting itself together. I mean, are you even on sold foods yet?

No need to panic!! lol! I think you are becoming a bit impatient. Maybe put away your scale. Focus on hitting your numbers. Protein, Water, 10K steps a day, your Vitamins. Then only step on the scale every two weeks.

Also measure yourself. Your head, neck, biceps, wrists, breasts, waist, hips, thighs, calves, ankles, then do it again once a month.

Go out and walk, see how much lighter you feel? How moving feels GOOD?

These are all things you can do to measure your success without getting on a scale. It's super important to your long-term motivation. You need to find other ways to note your success other than the scale. Because the truth is we spend more time not losing weight than we do losing weight during this process. But our bodies are ALWAYS changing.