Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss?

Sleeved: 12/13

Hoping someone out there has experienced this with me and have some advice! I was sleeved on the 13th and am just over 2 weeks out.. I’ve been following the guidelines and getting in my water/protein intake and just started the puréed stage diet two days ago, but actually weigh a pound more than I did morning of surgery! It’s really hard to process and am getting pretty discouraged seeing so many others lose atleast 10 pounds by now on average.. I have PCOS and it’s always been hard but I really didn’t think I would be gaining anymore and worry about stepping on a scale like I used to. Any similar stories or advice would be amazing!

Protein can make you gain weight in the form of muscle. I only consumed 15-20 grams per day after my surgery. I simply could not eat as much as they required. Still can't and it worked wonders for me. I'm glad i listened to my body and not the doctors on this one!

Getting Protein in from the beginning is important. Please continue getting in your fluids and over 60 grams of protein a day. Follow your doctor's advice.

I know it can be frustrating not to see results yet on the scale. You had major surgery and I have seen it before where people gain a couple of pounds or don't lose any weight during the first week or two. I know you're not alone. Believe me, the weight loss will come very soon.

Hang in there.

Just like was said above in order for your body to heal you need PROTEIN!! Yo get as much Protein as you can you might develop problems down the road. Our DR's know what they are talking about. They wouldn't say you need 60 grams of protein if they didn't mean it. You should try to do what your Dr has set up for you. They have studied these surgery's and they have everything set up to help make us successful. Good Luck!! KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!

I'm sorry, I haven't heard of this happening. I got mine about 2 days before you and did not experience the same thing :(

I actually went into hospital to have surgery at 289 pounds. When I got home after the surgery I was back up at 301 pounds; I had to receive a lot of fluids in the hospital and was in for 4 days. For the first 2 weeks for me, it was slow going and I don't think I started losing anything until the 3rd week. I didn't exercise very much (still don't; have to build up to that), but I have lost 32 pounds now at 5 weeks postop. Hang in there. However, if you don't start losing, I would give a shout out to my surgeon's office or nutritionist if you have one.

Sleeved: 12/13

Hoping someone out there has experienced this with me and have some advice! I was sleeved on the 13th and am just over 2 weeks out.. I’ve been following the guidelines and getting in my water/protein intake and just started the puréed stage diet two days ago, but actually weigh a pound more than I did morning of surgery! It’s really hard to process and am getting pretty discouraged seeing so many others lose atleast 10 pounds by now on average.. I have PCOS and it’s always been hard but I really didn’t think I would be gaining anymore and worry about stepping on a scale like I used to. Any similar stories or advice would be amazing!

I also gained weight after my surgery. I was 14 pounds heavier! My doctor told me to stop going on the scale and instead use a tape measure and my clothes as an indicator to my weight loss. I was actually getting thinner but because I was walking more I was building muscle at the same time. Also, I retained some fluids from the surgery that my doctor said can happen sometimes but my body would absorb it - again it just takes time.

Hang in there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just like was said above in order for your body to heal you need PROTEIN!! Yo get as much Protein as you can you might develop problems down the road. Our DR's know what they are talking about. They wouldn't say you need 60 grams of protein if they didn't mean it. You should try to do what your Dr has set up for you. They have studied these surgery's and they have everything set up to help make us successful. Good Luck!! KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!

I am getting in 60plus grams of protein following the guidelines seriously so it’s confusing

Hang in there. It will happen. You do what you are suppose to and relax, take care of you and you will be OK We promise.

My discharge summary was clear. However, I don’t have it any more but it said something along the line of contact surgeons office with if not losing——.. in this amount of time or gain this amount in ——... maybe contact surgeons office....