Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro time: who's new to the group, who's pre-op, & who just recently made it to the loser's bench?

Sammi I'm fairly certain I will have a RnY. I have severe arthritis, GERD and sleep Apnea. If I were younger, I'm 72, and no GERD I probably would seek a VSG. We have veterans on here who have had great success with both. I've studied up on both so feel I'm making an informed decision. I've got to take my morning Dexilant, get up and face my day, but answer back if you like.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, meli81 said:

I’m new woohooo 3rd day on the liquid diet surgery March 7. 36 yr old from Chicago excited and nervous all at once. Hello everyone

I am from the Chicago NW suburbs. I start my liquid diet next week and surgery got moved to 3/16. I totally share your excitement and nervousness. I did all my pre-op testing this morning and it was a breeze. I can't wait for the surgery!

I am from the Chicago NW suburbs. I start my liquid diet next week and surgery got moved to 3/16. I totally share your excitement and nervousness. I did all my pre-op testing this morning and it was a breeze. I can't wait for the surgery!

Woohooo oo mam the first day of my liquid diet was a mind fu$& experience lol

On 2/2/2018 at 6:48 AM, nickiarnold7 said:

would I be able to drink a glass of wine. will be 3 weeks post-op.

@nickiarnold7

you should ask your doc

many docs have various responses to this and other questions.

my doc said no drinking for 6 months - but your doc might have

you on a different plan.

always, only listen to your doc (or me:lol: )

hope you enjoyed your cruise.

15 lbs down!!

keep up the good job

kathy

congrats

On 2/2/2018 at 6:09 PM, PrupleSleeve said:

after released (day 4) would I feel like a little sight seeing before flying home?

@PrupleSleeve

welcome welcome welcome

Some OP have posted they were walking up and about same day as surgery.

if you are feeling well, go exploring. would advise you are with friend/family

just in case you start to feel weak.

good luck with surgery

speedy recovery

kathy

On 1/31/2018 at 4:13 PM, Just4nise said:

Just starting my journey

@Just4nise

welcome welcome welcome
good luck
:rolleyes:

kathy

Congrats msjenae!

I have a question...what does everything submitted to insurance mean? Do they not do that at the beginning? Does this mean they can still sent you or that your not yet approved? I'm a little confused about how it all works.

Thank you! From what I was told (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong) at the beginning they check to make sure that weight loss surgery is covered by your insurance plan and what requirements you will have. After you have completed all the the required appointments they submit all of your office visit notes, lab tests, etc to see if you specifically will qualify and be approved for the surgery.

Oh I see. Makes sense. I am so confused at times and really appreciate the education I am getting:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, msjenae said:

Thank you! From what I was told (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong) at the beginning they check to make sure that weight loss surgery is covered by your insurance plan and what requirements you will have. After you have completed all the the required appointments they submit all of your office visit notes, lab tests, etc to see if you specifically will qualify and be approved for the surgery.

One thing they discovered when the submitted everything to the secondary insurance is I had to have my surgery at a different hospital for the procedure to be covered. Changed my date from 3/12 to 3/16. I was disappointed, but not as unhappy as I would have been if my secondary Ins didn’t cover the procedure!

Hey y’all. New to the boards and fairly new to the process. Had first appointment on January 24th. So far I’ve had 2 dietician appointments, surgical appointment, psych, and primary doc. I have my endoscopy in a week and then will just be waiting on my cardiologist to sign off and the sleep study, both of which should happen in April.

I’ve been working on fixing up my diet issues, (quitting soda and caffeine) and I’m almost to my pre-surgery goal weight. I’ve also got to ween off my electronic cigarette that I used to help quit smoking.

I’m just wanting to get it over with at this point. I’ve got a lot going on in my life and I’m trying to squeeze this in to family and work obligations. It’s so hard to accrue sick time with all these appointments and I’d really like to get a full salary while I’m recovering. I suppose there’s never a good time to do it, though... so no time like the present!

How would y’all rate the recovery compared to gallbladder removal recovery? I had my gallbladder out about 10 years ago and bounced back super quick... so I’m hoping I have the same luck with this!