Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's Lateral Thigh Lift and Brachioplasty

Wow! Julie, you look amazing! Thank you for posting the pictures. It brings a reality to what you have gone through. I'm SO thrilled for you that I could cry! You are gorgeous and should always wear RED!

As for the tape, hooray for passing out!!! That will teach him!

If you can push through the pain of a marathon, then he better pay better attention to your complaints in the future.

I totally agree Julie - you look amazing and beautiful and I appreciate you sharing your journey with us.

I have a dumb question - HOW BAD ARE THE DRAINS???

How crazy would I sound if I admitted that the ONLY reason I may not have any PS is because of the drains??? I have no idea where my phobia of them came from, but I have a huge one . . . :omg:

I think I hate anything that I can see that is connected to my body. Examples - IV's, Epidural tubing, etc. Strange huh???

I have a dumb question - HOW BAD ARE THE DRAINS???

How crazy would I sound if I admitted that the ONLY reason I may not have any PS is because of the drains??? I have no idea where my phobia of them came from, but I have a huge one . . . :omg:

Lynn, you just crack me up with this. I'm still thinking about all those questions you asked Dr. Long about drains. Does this mean that you can't watch any episodes of Star Trek involving the Borg? They have tubes sticking out all over their bodies, not to mention cybernetic prosthetics. That must really creep you out. Of course, that's kind of the point. The Borg are supposed to give us all major heebie jeebies.

But Julie, please tell us more about the drains to put both Lynn and me at ease.

Lynn, you just crack me up with this. I'm still thinking about all those questions you asked Dr. Long about drains. Does this mean that you can't watch any episodes of Star Trek involving the Borg? They have tubes sticking out all over their bodies, not to mention cybernetic prosthetics. That must really creep you out. Of course, that's kind of the point. The Borg are supposed to give us all major heebie jeebies.

But Julie, please tell us more about the drains to put both Lynn and me at ease.

I just can't get past it . . . there has to be something wrong with me! :paranoid

Nope, can't watch those shows . . . :omg:

I am so excited for you enterprise01 - I have been following your thread too.

Juli,

WOW!

I'm almost crying here, I'm a FAT girl who started about where you did and there really is a chance, a possibility that I could one day look similar to you. It will be a LOT of hard work, sweat, tears and committment, but it is POSSIBLE.

You are an inspiration, and a wonderful woman.

Thank you for sharing your journey.

Faith

Oh Faith, you're going to get there too! I'm not worried one bit about you! Hang in there, sweetheart. There are so many more of you who are going to have this sweet experience. It's incredible. I can't wait for December 20th.

OK, Lynn, I had a MAJOR phobia about the drains before my TT as well. On be BL and arms, they used what are called "pinrose" drains that are under the bandages and you don't ever see or even feel come out. That's the best case (so, Enterprise, you're going to be fine). On the TT, I had 4 drains that stayed in for 5 days on the first 2 and maybe 8 days on the other two. On my legs, the first two stayed in for 4 days and the last two come out tomorrow, which will be day 11. Almost nothing has been draining for the last 4 days -- like really miniscule amounts (5 cc's or less per day) but Dad is super paranoid about seromas in the lower leg. He says they're very prone to them and is leaving the drains in as a precaution. I hate it, but the worst thing (or among them) that could happen to me would be to get back to NYC (I"m in AL with my parents) and develop problems, so I'll deal with it.

The drains themselves are NOT painful at all. I don't feel them and though they're an inconvenience, they don't keep me from doing anything, other than limiting my clothing choice. Having them taken out is NOT fun (of the 6 I've had removed in my 2 surgeries, 4 were complete non-events and 2 were horrifically painful -- can't explain it). But would I not do PS over it? HA! NO WAY! I completely get how it's freaky to someone who's not had them before, but they're not nearly as bad as your imagination is, I promise. And if you can convince someone else to empty them for you, you don't even have to think about them.

As a reminder to why drains aren't the end of the world, here's a "before" shot I just came across on my parents' computer. When I contemplate what my body's been through and how great I feel after my 2 rounds of PS, I thank God for the drains.

Big hugs to all, Julie

post-206404-13813135860115_thumb.jpg

WOW.........my inspitation. So sorry about all the pain. Fathers are always tougher on their own kids. However, I don't think my father could ever operate on me if he were a PS.

How bad were the arms? Worse than the TT? You have youth on your side and thank G-d your healing so beautifully. The pics are just great. I live for the day my arms fit into jackets.

By the way you need a new face shot........the old one looks nothing like you.....<wink>

Spunk

Julie, you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for opening up the most personal part of your life to share with me and others. I hope I can be as brave as you someday. I am in awe of you.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!

shelli:ranger:

Thank you Julie for your explanation . . . I hope one day I can conquer this phobia and just do it!

You look amazing!!! And, I am in awe of your courage facing down these surgeries . . . YOU GO GIRL !!!

We are all rooting for you!

Thank you; I admire you so much for letting me see my dream. But I had to laugh because am I the only nut that thought the 4th picture has a penis? I guess that's your hand but it made me laugh! Will you update more pics? Amazing. And big congratulations are in order.

I'm not reading in order and just backed up to see your before shot. You were a plus size model before the surgery; such a pretty girl. Your avatar is so small but you are beyond stunning. Again, congratulations.

But I had to laugh because am I the only nut that thought the 4th picture has a penis? I guess that's your hand but it made me laugh!

Actually, my name is now Julian. JUST KIDDING! Haha -- yes that's my hand holding my drain up. Too funny. My Dad just got a kick out of that one....

DRAIN FREE!! AS FREE AS THE WIND!! (Hummed to "Born Free").

Ahhh, drain free. Such a lovely way to be. 4 more days and I'll hopefully be staple and stitch free too -- woohoo!

These 2 drains didn't hurt at all -- I didn't even feel them come out. So, average this one with pulling the tape off and I'll come out about right on the pain scale, haha.

I'm not reading in order and just backed up to see your before shot. You were a plus size model before the surgery; such a pretty girl. Your avatar is so small but you are beyond stunning. Again, congratulations.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Attached is a recent pic -- it occurred to me you all might not know what I look like clothed -- haha!

post-206404-13813135861776_thumb.jpg