Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's Lateral Thigh Lift and Brachioplasty

Julie......I was just thinking about what all you have gone through to get your body to catch up to your spirit,,,,,not being able to stand straight with the TT and now not being able to sit with the thigh lift....I can only imagine how gald you will be to get through the boob work, and finally get on to enjoying your body and reaping the benefits(looks, whistles, and green eyed envy are just a few you will probably have to deal with). You certainly deserve to be able to flaunt it all.

I certainly wish I had your stamina, but this TT things is really whipping my butt. My back hurts from the poor sleeping positions, and now I am having terrible hurtburn for the first time in a year and a half. I assume that all the abdominal sweeling is putting a lot of pressure on my band. Did you ever have that happen? If it does not improve I will talk to my doctor about it when I go next week. They did not do my TT and I think they are a bit P.O'd about it so they may not be much help from now on. Oh well..., Kepp us posted and get those pictures out soon,,,, you know we live for Pictures.....visual aide for lap banders..... Mizboo

Julie - yea for you!! I'm glad to hear you are recovering so well and that you will most likely get to have all your surgery by the end of the year!! Woohoo!!!

Julie: So glad I found your thread. I was waiting to hear something on the old thread. You are doing awesome. I can't believe you want to go through more again in December. I totally understand wanting to be done with it all and just accepting and loving your body in 2008. When will you be home because I haven't forgotten about the gift I want to send you from Utah. I guess the time just slipped away, but I'm ready and willing to sent it as soon as you get home. Thanks so much for sharing your journey. I'm going to make a couple of appointments with plastic surgeons in December or January and begin my own journey. God speed. Let us know how you're doing.

OK, so yesterday was ROUGH. My Dad can be an ass. He went to change the dressing on my thigh lift incision and there's this super sticky tape over it and taking it off really hurts (because it sticks to the incision and the stitches and that area is just really, really sensitive). So he starts pulling it off and I ask him to stop and let the pain catch up. He snaps at me -- "we'r3e only like 2% done" -- to which I say "I don't care how long it takes, please wait a second." He waits. I tell him, ok, he pulls off about the same amount (we're actually about 1/2 way done now, not 4%, FYI), maybe a little more, I ask him to stop again - AND HE REFUSES and just keeps on pulling! My stepmom is standing there next to me holding my arm (I'm standing, Dad's sitting on the couch, which puts him at my waist level). So I'm REALLY ANGRY at this point, but trying to just get through it.

Next thing I know, I'm waking up on the sofa in a cold sweat. I PASSED OUT COLD from the pain.

What an ass. I've never passed out in my life. I had major surgery == 5 hours worth of surgery == and didn't take the first narcotic out of the hospital. I have a very high tolerance for pain. If I ask you to add MAYBE 90 seconds to a very painful part of a long recovery, just humor me, dammit.

I know one component of it was that he just wanted it to be over and he thought the pausing wouldn't help me (there was another component of him just being annoyed with me). And I know he wouldn't do that with any other patient.

I'm going to keep my mouth shut for 4 more weeks until I get all these surgeries behind me, but then he's going to hear about this from me. Grrrr.

All that said, the silver lining is that having the dressing changed is really great. A lot less bulk and I'm starting to feel human!

julie,

you can just attach them thru LBT (Go Advanced then attach), or i will PM you my email if you want to zip them to me i can post them.

sorry your dad didnt take into consideration that ummm, yeah, that hurt!! but, i'm glad you are getting back to normal ... me - i dont think i'll ever get there ... :)

OK, so the first one is from several weeks ago, but within just a few lbs (as my weight never changes these days). The second one is day 4 post-op. You can see how there's really no more bulge on the thigh -- cool, huh! I haven't seen what I look like without the garment on. Several days until the stitches come out. Arm dressing will come off first and then I should have better pics of the arms at least!

(Please don't feel like you have to force yourself to post too much encouragement for me -- I know we've got a long, long, long way to go until we see the final results here -- I just wanted yall to get the "picture" of all stages!)

post-206404-13813135843703_thumb.jpg

post-206404-13813135843938_thumb.jpg

I was once told, that sometimes we hurt the ones we love the most.

Hugs on the fainting spell.

My jaw dropped at the difference in your thigh area. UNFRIGGENBELIEVABLE. I love seeing the difference a surgery can make. I am astounded.

LOOK AT YOUR SHAPE GIRL. YOU ARE PERFECT!

Julie, you're looking fantastic already! Sorry your dad was so rough. I hope he felt bad about it after you fainted. Did he at least apologize? Do you have any before pics of your arms? I can see that your delts and biceps look really toned, but I'm wondering how the tricep area looked before the surgery. Your progress is simply astounding.

By the way, I had liposuction on my inner and outer thighs when I was about 22 and in really good shape. My thighs were taped up completely for the first 10 days, and I remember that it took me more than an hour to pull all the tape off because it was so painful. I was shaking and dripping with sweat by the end of that ordeal. Your dad really should have been more gentle.

Yes, I have arm pics from before. As soon as I can take some afters, I'll post them side by side.

Paulax, you might be my new favorite person! Wink.

Julie - you are brave, girl. Your legs in the after look so much sleaker. Who would have thought! I guess maybe I don't have a high tolerance for pain, but everytime I look at these pics I hurt all over. I know it sounds dumb, but I guess for the after results, its worth it. All I can say is WOW!

I can see a difference. It is still subtle but I can definately imagine what it is going to look like when the swelling goes down. You must be so excited. Sorry you are in pain.

OK, I got the QUICKEST peek at my arms tonight and I'm going to be super happy! First of all, the scar is scary and long, but it's so well placed. You really have to contort to see it. Plus Dad said of all the scars, knock on wood, this one should flatten out and fade the most. Don't know why he thinks that -- my research reveals there are some arm travesties, but he said not to worry. Wow. I really like how they turned out and it's only day 6! Can't wait for continued results. Anyway, the pics aren't great (I couldn't buy enough time to check the pics before getting rebandaged) but I think you'll get the idea....

I took the one with my arm straight up so you can see that the scar really is long ane heinous at the moment. When the stitches come out, it won't be ropey like that and more, though it'll still be long.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

post-206404-13813135847025_thumb.jpg

post-206404-13813135847187_thumb.jpg

post-206404-1381313584734_thumb.jpg

post-206404-13813135847555_thumb.jpg

post-206404-13813135847731_thumb.jpg