Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's Lateral Thigh Lift and Brachioplasty

Julie hope the marathon went well for you. Good luck on your surgery. Please let us know how you're doing.

Cindy

(I guess it's bad that I hate you because your dad is a plastic surgeon? My dad is a mortician so I shudder to think what I might get a discount on some day!) =)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very funny!

Hey Julie, I hope you are feeling good right now. In a few days it will be great to hear all about your run and the surgery. Positive thoughts are being sent your way!

Well, I'm home. The full details will probably come in a later message, but I'm home and reasonably functional. The first 36 hours were quite bad, but I think I've turned the corner. I have no clue about the results yet -- I'm very swollen and can't tell a thing except that the arm scars look pretty frightening. I know, I know, it's just day 2 post-op.

It's weird not being able to sit. I can stand (as I am now, typing this message) and I can lay down (which is less comfy than standing, mostly because it hurts my back) but no sitting for 2 weeks! That's hard on the band itself because I don't know if you've ever tried to eat laying down, but it does not go well with the band. So I've been eating mushies and liquids. Solids are not my friend.

The pain isn't too bad. The arms hurt worse than the legs. I have 4 drains on the legs. Had 2 in the arms, but not sure if they're still there or not -- they were "pinrose" drains not full drains, so I can't see them if they are there.

I'm out of steam. Will check in later.

julie, so glad you are home and ok.

wow - no sitting for 2 weeks!?! sounds like liquids and mushies is a good idea for now.

please take care of yourself and post on your progress when you can.

C

So, my stepmom says to me twice last night "you know, your Dad wasn't as happy with the results this time as he was with your abdominoplasty."

What in the hell am I supposed to do with that? What does that mean? I mean, my TT results were extraordinarly good, so maybe it just means that. Or maybe there's a problem they aren't telling me about. Very frustrating. Dad's not home, so I can't ask him directly. Believe me, I will. Grrr. Sometimes being "in-house" has its downsides. Like, I'd totally go for a walk right now if I were alone. I'm antsy and just want to move a little, but they won't "let" me. Grrr.

Julie, don't worry. I'm sure the results are very good. Your dad probably wanted "outstanding" and is disappointed with "very good" results. It's going to take some time before you can really tell what's what anyway. The first week after any surgery is usually a bit scary because nothing looks right with all the redness and swelling.

I'm sorry to hear that you're so uncomfortable. I never really thought about not being able to sit after a thigh lift. How are you doing with your arms? Are you able to move them? For example, can you brush your hair without help? How bad are the compression garments?

I'm just so amazed at everything you've accomplished. We're all looking forward to the before/after pics. Please keep up posted. And let us know what your dad says.

I can't brush my hair. I can do just about anything else, but I have long hair and I can't fully extend my arm like that. Other than that, I get around pretty well. Better than I thought I would. The hair brushing is really the only grooming task I can't take care of on my own.

The compression garments aren't so awful. Not showering is awful, but let's not talk about that just now, ok? I have soooo long to go until I can shower!

Julie, I'm so glad you are in recovery mode now. In a couple of weeks I'm sure you'll be at goal and looking even more fabulous than you already do. Take good care of yourself and follow doctor's orders.

Ahh, MAJOR improvements on all fronts today! First of all, I not only brushed my own hair today, but I washed it and flat ironed it too! Almost full range of motion back in the arms. I'm feeling really good and in almost no pain. I must say, the pain of the thigh lift/arm lift is NOTHING like the TT. If TT was a 6, this is like a 2. Very mild.

And more importantly, I WON THE WAR OF THE BREAST IMPLANTS TODAY!! Woohoo! You have no idea how happy I am about that. I had some quality time with Dad today and he asked me what I saw as the final steps in my PS and we talked it through pretty well. We'll do breast implants, inner thighs and scar revision on the stomach (which means mons lift and small revision of the lower stomach) on December 20th, IF and only IF my blood counts are "back above 38." Apparently they were 41 and are down to 32 from this surgery. He's not sure they'll get back to 38 in 6 weeks. I bet they will. I'm so ready to be done! And I'm SO SO SO glad he listened to what I want and isn't going to make me wait a year for breast implants! I'm starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel!

Speaking of the light, I'm not going to lose any more weight. I've been looking at pictures of myself and I don't need to be any thinner. If that means I register as "overweight" on some chart, well then so be it. I'm not overweight. If anything, I'm on the too thin side, even at 140-something and 5'2. No more weight loss for me. Once the Fluid gets off me from surgery, I'm going to weigh and whatever my final weight is, that's what it is, and I'm going to change my ticker. So awesome!

Julie did you have your outer thighs done this time? I will need an inner thigh lift. I'm worried about that because I hear that the scarring is pretty bad and can migrate into the groin. I also hear that it is pretty painful. What has your ps (father) said about it?

Ahh, MAJOR improvements on all fronts today! First of all, I not only brushed my own hair today, but I washed it and flat ironed it too! Almost full range of motion back in the arms. I'm feeling really good and in almost no pain. I must say, the pain of the thigh lift/arm lift is NOTHING like the TT. If TT was a 6, this is like a 2. Very mild.

And more importantly, I WON THE WAR OF THE BREAST IMPLANTS TODAY!! Woohoo! You have no idea how happy I am about that. I had some quality time with Dad today and he asked me what I saw as the final steps in my PS and we talked it through pretty well. We'll do breast implants, inner thighs and scar revision on the stomach (which means mons lift and small revision of the lower stomach) on December 20th, IF and only IF my blood counts are "back above 38." Apparently they were 41 and are down to 32 from this surgery. He's not sure they'll get back to 38 in 6 weeks. I bet they will. I'm so ready to be done! And I'm SO SO SO glad he listened to what I want and isn't going to make me wait a year for breast implants! I'm starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel!

Speaking of the light, I'm not going to lose any more weight. I've been looking at pictures of myself and I don't need to be any thinner. If that means I register as "overweight" on some chart, well then so be it. I'm not overweight. If anything, I'm on the too thin side, even at 140-something and 5'2. No more weight loss for me. Once the Fluid gets off me from surgery, I'm going to weigh and whatever my final weight is, that's what it is, and I'm going to change my ticker. So awesome!

that's great! to get your HCT back up to 38 I'd suggest really taking Iron supplements if you can get them down the band or pushing foods with iron- it will help!

can't wait to hear about your inner thigh lift- that's the surgery I think I'll need more than anything else and it seems a bit daunting.