Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's Lateral Thigh Lift and Brachioplasty

I wish you a speedy recovery and anxiously await your future posts!

Julie,

i cant wait to see the progress of the thighs and arms ... i am actually going to start looking at arm doctors in the next 30-50 pounds ...

here is an 'interesting' pic i took while riding in the car ... niiiiice ... (not) (sorry it's kind of big - at work and cant fix it)

Yeah. Losing, where'd you get a picture of my arm! Actually, my arm is worse. Seriously.

I'm going to take some "befores" tonight. Now that surgery is NEXT WEEK. Oh my goodness -- I'm so ready to have this behind me....

Julie,

Good luck. Bet you're SO excited. I'll follow this journey of yours as well. Will you be staying with your dad again?

Cindy

Yeah. Losing, where'd you get a picture of my arm! Actually, my arm is worse. Seriously.

I'm going to take some "befores" tonight. Now that surgery is NEXT WEEK. Oh my goodness -- I'm so ready to have this behind me....

your arm is worse b/c you seriously rock in the weight loss department ... i am totally sucking right now ... stuck at 269-272 ... **sigh**

i cant wait to see your before/afters ... you are going to do soooo well. i cant believe it's next week! WOOO HOOO!!!!

I'm so happy for you..Man, how fantastic that your dad is a ps, that rocks!! I'm hoping that one of my kids will grow up and follow in your dad's foot steps.. I'll need tons more work by then. Good luck on your upcoming surgeries. Keep us updated.

Best of luck to you! I can't wait until I am in the same boat. I think I'm going to look at some of your posts and see how you lost so much weight!! I'm barely 5'2 as well but haven't lost very much at all.

Yes, I'm staying with my dad again for the recovery. At least for 2 weeks. I hope to go home before Thanksgiving, but if it's after, that's ok too.

Yes, I'll post the "befores" -- maybe not until I have afters to share as well -- the befores are depressing to me right now. Once I have the afters it won't seem so depressing.

OK, so I had a minor run in with my Dad last night. Sometimes he can be a complete jerk (I realize I'm venting)! He's a surgeon through and through -- all about the surgery and not so interested in the patient's feelings. Anyway, I've been pushing the idea of breast implants at the time of one of my thigh lifts. I really feel I want them. My breasts are so deflated. I don't want large breasts, but I'm down to a small B and I'd like to be a small or mid C. Anyway, his point has always been to wait 6-9 months from the thighs and adjust to that body before I make more changes. My point is I'm ready to be DONE with surgery and I KNOW I want implants, so I don't want to wait. I think 2008 is going to be about me accepting my body, for better or for worse and I don't want to waste another year living in a body I know I'm going to improve and buying a whole new set of clothes that I know won't fit once I have the implants.

Anyway, we had a run-in about it. There's no medical reason I can't have them. His point is cost -- that playing "musical implants" (his words) costs a lot of $$. Implants themselves cost a couple of grand. My point is I'm glad to spend a couple of grand for the chance that I'll be done with surgery this year. If I'm wrong and I want to go bigger or smaller later -- which I don't think will happen -- so be it. I'm the one writing the check!

Anyway, we've always had money issues between us and I'm sure in the abstract he's right that I should wait. What has me in a twit is that I don't think he's taking the time to HEAR me and my reasons for wanting this now, not 6-9 months from now. I think my reasons are quite good. (And I do think I'll win this one, I'm just annoyed and venting.)

Grrrr. Thanks for listening!

I think you should be able to do what you want as long as you are sure your Dad is not trying to put on the breaks to protect you from doing too much at one time. I agree I would want to have to go through as few surgeries as possible but if your Dad is worried he probably has a valid reason since he does this for a living. No matter what happens you will get to where you want to be and I have to say by your picture you are already looking great! Hang in there!