Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I just had my surgery this past Monday, 5 days ago. I didn't at first but recently started experience a sharp pain above my belly button around one of the incision, not all of the time only some of the time when I move. It is controlled with pain meds and when I called the doctor that said that It was most likely incision pain. It is only around one of the incisions, not the other 5. Didn't anyone else experience the same thing?

I haven’t had my surgery yet (Dec. 5th) but my surgeon did say one of the incision sites would probably be more painful than the others because that is the one they are doing the most work from. I don’t know if that’s the case for yours but it sounds like it. A lot of time the intermittent pain is some nerves reconnecting as well, I know that’s how it was with my c-section healing too. Hopefully it gets better for you soon!

My surgeon said the largest incision on the left abdominal area would be the sorest. Hope they sent you home with pain meds. Pain meds won't take it completely away, it'll just decrease it so you can relax.
I've had other abdominal surgeries before, and they were all painful even with meds.
If your pain is out of control, then call the surgeons office.
Rest, no lifting, no stretching, no twisting, walk slow pace. Best of luck.

My surgery is on the 4th

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had around 6 incisions after surgery. One in particular took a long time to heal, around a year. I asked the nurse about it and she said it is normal, that incision was the one through which most of the surgery took place.

Hmmmm .... learning from all this comments , I’ve been getting pain.. but never on my incision.

I have one incision on my middle right that is a bit larger than the others. It burns like wildfire when I stand, sit, walk, etc. The others are not as bad. This seems common that one incision area will be worse.

My surgeon said yes that’s the “stinger” when I told him about this one on my right side.

Some of us are here pulling through with you, don’t worry!

I am Day 4 post op and the largest incision pain is my biggest complaint. My surgeon said that incision has stitches in the muscle so it will hurt more. I hope it goes away before I go back to work! Good luck to all!