Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slutty clothes for 5 year olds...

I love that my daughters have to wear uniforms to school. It takes alot of arguments out of the equation. They are 7 & 8. One is a tom boy so no worries there. My youngest is a pagent baby, so she is high maintance but I will not go there. NOT ALL PAGEANT moms like their kids looking like hookers...lol....here is mine... :)

053613001102.jpg

She looks like an angel. Thank you for not getting defensive by the pagent mom remark. I meant that pagent mom's have to deal a little more with this situation because of the costume issues...(I am picturing swim suits etc.)

It is amazing to see what stores have out for kids now. My daughter is 15 now but it has started with her at 11-12. she WANTED those kinds of clothes. And makeup. And many times She got punished for *ripping* or altering her clothing. But then she started gaining weight. So now its not as much a issue, cause shes to embarrased to wear the revealing stuff. But now she wants to go slouch/goth and its just as annoying. She WANTS to walk on pant legs so they get ragged. She does the underwear hanging out too with her pants way down around her hips. ugh!:omg: THANK HEAVENS this year the public school system here developed uniforms and all those things are punishable offences.

Solid colored polo or oxford shirts. Slacks or dress pants proper fitted and not dragging the ground. Shirts must be tucked in. etc. It was a bit of a trick to find enough uniform type clothes at the start of the year But At least when she walks out the door she looks nice.

But what got me most at 11 was her best friend coming over and was purposly dressing like a street walker you'd see in movies. And her parents were buying her this stuff!!

Now they cant figure out why their darling little girl is know as the school slut and has been in the juvinial(SP?) Detention center a couple of times now.

I'm ashamed to recall the sorts of clothes my mum dressed me up in as a kid growing up...some of them were downright shameful hahaha! I think short skirts on little girls are alright if they're wearing tights with 'em..but I see a lot of 10 year olds now wandering around in backless tops and wearing bras and I just think thats a bit over the top..scary when you can't tell the difference between a 12 year old and a 16 year old!

I didn't develop an interest in clothes until I was about 16!!

She looks like an angel. Thank you for not getting defensive by the pagent mom remark. I meant that pagent mom's have to deal a little more with this situation because of the costume issues...(I am picturing swim suits etc.)

Not a problem. One thing is that A LOT of pageant are not what you see on tv or the media. My DD does natural pageants, so that means no make up, no fake tans, no fake hair ect. There are alot of pageants out there like the hoochie mammas! :)

I agree completely about the clothes for girls. I have two daughters. one is 3 yrs. old the other will be 13 next month. A lot of the stuff that they have out for the three year old I would never buy, but I can find clothes for her with out to much of a problem. The older one is another story. She has been in the Jr's sizes for about a year now and it has been a nightmare. I have to buy her shirts two sizes to big if I don't want them to be to short and sticking to her skin. forget about trying to find a pair of jeans that aren't low rise. you have your choice between low waist and ultra low waist. It's hard to keep her looking her age.

ROFL Sunta!!

I could rant all day about this, but it is really digusting to me. It's encouraging pedophiles, really. Look at the goodies my kid has to offer!

When we lived in New Mexico, I saw it all the time.. little bitty kids (no older than 8!!) dressed like hookers, stilettos and all.. with their equally trashy looking moms. It was just sad.

Those clothes are like that for a reason.. SEX APPEAL.

What the hell does a child need sex appeal for?!

DH said our kids will be wearing potato sacks.

People should be ashamed that they let their kids dress 'sexy'.

Sunta--rotfl....good for you girl! :)

Sex appeal for kids is just down right disgusting. We would be better off to put targets on our children "please rape me" if we dress them in provactive clothes. As a parent we have a responsbility not to put our children in harm's way--if we dress them as sex kitten we are not protecting them at all!

Sunta--rotfl....good for you girl! :)

Sex appeal for kids is just down right disgusting. We would be better off to put targets on our children "please rape me" if we dress them in provactive clothes. As a parent we have a responsbility not to put our children in harm's way--if we dress them as sex kitten we are not protecting them at all!

Oh, my skin just crawled....first of all I have a DD who is 6 and I struggle to keep her looking decent with what's on the market. I feel y'all.

Also I stopped her from running in the back yard (fenced) at 3 because a friend joked about neighbors taking photos from second story windows and posting them on line. GASP! Protecting ones child is important.

But the "please rape me" statement scares me. Regardless of what a person, woman or child wears never is that an invitation to be raped. It's as important to teach our little girls to respect their bodies as it is to teach our little boys to respect a girl's body regardless of what she might be wearing.

Getting off my soap box.

Oh, my skin just crawled....first of all I have a DD who is 6 and I struggle to keep her looking decent with what's on the market. I feel y'all.

Also I stopped her from running in the back yard (fenced) at 3 because a friend joked about neighbors taking photos from second story windows and posting them on line. GASP! Protecting ones child is important.

But the "please rape me" statement scares me. Regardless of what a person, woman or child wears never is that an invitation to be raped. It's as important to teach our little girls to respect their bodies as it is to teach our little boys to respect a girl's body regardless of what she might be wearing.

Getting off my soap box.

Julie I a completely agree with you, nothing is an open invitation to rape. HOWEVER as a rape survivor I also know that child predators look for reasons to be able to victimize girls and boys. I am talking about child predators that will look for any reason to have an excuse. Looking older is a good excuse for them, they can justify it in their head. I completely agree that it gives them NO right, but look at Jon Bonet, she was a vitural target, a baby going on 30.

Rape or sexual abuse is something that has never touched my life, nor that of anyone close to me. Very lucky I guess.

So I dont look at slutty clothes so much as sexually inviting or anything like that.

For me, its just that they're well, trashy and tasteless. I'd be embarrassed to dress my daughter that way because people would then make assumptions about my socioeconomic status and my background.

And for the same reason I dont go all out on expensive designer gear either, I dont dress her in head to toe in label clothes (here' they're Fred Bare, Seed, there's some gorgeous stuff out there) because I dont want to be seen as some kind of fashion victim. People love to get into huge nasty debates about how stupid it is to spend big money on children's clothes - ooh, I've seen some nasty fights online on that topic.

Nor am I a girlie person into dresses and bows, lol. I just like plain, funky and fashionable, yet appropriate children's clothing.

Here we have a GREAT store called Cotton on Kids. So basic, cute and cheap!