Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's lose not loose (smh)

15 hours ago, MarinaGirl said:

As Chief of the Grammar Police, you may want to review the Punctuation Guide on the proper placement of a period at the end of a sentence, with parentheses, and with quotation marks. You made sure to point out soready17’s grammatical errors but you also made some in your response.

touche

2 hours ago, TriGirl said:

I'm new to this site. It appears there are a lot of people posting things are ridiculous like this. Sorry if you're going to make a point to call someone out you're going to get called out as well.

Exactly the point in my response.

Lol thing is I don't mind being called out and even more so enjoy the fact that people think it's funny... you can't ruin my day people! I just reached my half way goal weight today! So I'm good. Loosing an argument is fun sometimes. It's just the being disrespectful part that is ehhh[emoji107] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji111]

Sent from my SM-N910C using BariatricPal mobile app

Actually you guys are taking my post all too serious. Never thought it would be so offending for you honestly.lol and my replies were harmless and I'm not making fun of anyone. I am an ESL teacher and this is a pet peeve of mine. I'm sure you all have some type of pet peeve. Jeez..

"Seriously," not "serious." [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

"... you guys are taking it waaaaaay too personal ..." "you're taking it too serious ..."
that would be "personally" and "seriously."

Clean up your adverbs, then you can wag your finger at others for their grammar.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, soready17 said:

Lol thing is I don't mind being called out and even more so enjoy the fact that people think it's funny... you can't ruin my day people! I just reached my half way goal weight today! So I'm good. Loosing an argument is fun sometimes. It's just the being disrespectful part that is ehhh

Yes, we beat this topic into the ground.

If I offended you I apologise. You just had a rant..I ranted back.

When I'm sarcastic I get myself in trouble. Just bigger things to be offended about in life.

Can we all let go of this thread yet? or is the horse going to be beaten more?

download.jpg

I was the third comment and now I have a ba-zillion notifications. You all just blew up my email! Religion, politics, and grammar. The three big no-no's on forum conversation. :1335_ok_hand_tone1:

Yes, we beat this topic into the ground.
If I offended you I apologise. You just had a rant..I ranted back.
When I'm sarcastic I get myself in trouble. Just bigger things to be offended about in life.
Can we all let go of this thread yet? or is the horse going to be beaten more?
download.jpg.925f3cd3a5348db693620ad6184aca1b.jpg

I completely agree. I accept your apology and respect that you said your opinion and didn't continue to bash me like the others, so thanks for that. I apologize if I offended you as well. I find I get myself into trouble with my humour as well...as you can see lol. This thread is rediculous [emoji23]

1 minute ago, soready17 said:

I completely agree. I accept your apology and respect that you said your opinion and didn't continue to bash me like the others, so thanks for that. I apologize if I offended you as well. I find I get myself into trouble with my humour as well...as you can see lol. This thread is rediculous

Not offended.

Ridiculous this is the top trending thread....right? This is where I stop responding. I'm out (drops the microphone and walks away)

download.png

download.jpg

@jenn1 - I'm getting a sense of deja vu...

I find that the best way to beat a dead horse is to stand with feet about a shoulders width apart, grab the riding crop with both hands, and then bring it up and directly behind your head. Be sure to engage as much of your deltoids and lats as possible so that you are getting the most "umph" in your swing. Using your abdominal muscles to stabilize your body will ensure that all of the energy in your swing is transferred to the dead horse.

Since this is an opportunity to exercise as well as ensuring that the dead horse gets a proper beating, take all necessary steps to ensure you have good form throughout the beating. Come over your head and down in front of your chest in a straight line so that you are evenly working both sides at the same time. If you decide to dole out the beating with a woodchopper stance, be sure and alternate left and right for an even amount of reps so that you are not cheating yourself.

When you find that your dead horse beating is no longer focused on the carcasses rear flank or your strokes are slowing, it's time for a rest. Maybe re-hydrate yourself with a Gatorade. Once you are rested, resume beating the dead horse immediately and with great verve.

Repeat this process for eternity.

It's already been about a year and a half since the last dead horse beating. Kinda surprised it took this long. Remember when I made the grammar rant? Man, that was a shitshow.

And y'all KNOW this is the first thread I went to when I got home! :D I kind of love it when a thread goes off the rails.

Lose-loose situtation -- that one cracked me up.

My basic take has always been that the point of proper grammar and spelling is communication . . . yes, mistakes bother me, but as long as I know what the person meant, I'm good in this context. And I'm always aware that, while this is an area in which I have some solid knowledge, the person who doesn't have that particular strength probably has others I don't--they're more imaginative, a better photographer, in better shape, a great parent, a terrific friend . . . you name it. I'm reserving my criticism and correction of English written language for books I'm editing or something that's been published/sold and not edited--that makes me a crazy person. In this arena--eh. But I was surprised by the furor of the responses!