Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's lose not loose (smh)

16 hours ago, soready17 said:

Okay I don't post much but I read ALOT. And something has been really really irritating me. After seeing this grammatical error more times then I can count I just can't take it anymore! ! I understand it's not that important to some people but honestly there's a huge difference between lose and loose. Lose means you lost something (weight etc.). Loose means that's something doesn't fit anymore( loose skin, loose clothing, etc). Thank you and that is all. emoji51.png

Sent from my SM-N910C using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, so ordinarily I am opposed to "pack hunting" in forums, especially support forums. But in your case I made an exception. Your original post made me seethingly mad. I'm sure I'm using that adverb incorrectly and dangling a participle or something dire like that. I'm probably even ending a sentence on a preposition. Dear God! Oh, the humanity! Somebody better draw and quarter me forthwith! Damn, there I go again, ending a sentence on a preposition.

Not only do you come on preachy, bitchy and judgemental, but you do it before any of us have had a chance to get to know you and your sparkling wit and repartee! You've only had 56 posts. Ye gods! :blink:

And btw, as it's already been posted, I'm sure you mean "a lot," because ALOT got eaten. Didn't you read the meme?

Edited by FluffyChix

Ironic. Someone posting about others Grammer hasn't got their own Grammer right. Perhaps people should just focus on themselves so they don't end up looking silly. It's just a forum not an essay. There are people on here from all walks of life.. Who perhaps type fast as they are busy with other tasks. Or have a learning difficulty. I don't care how someone types. I'm here to support people.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

This coming from you is what's ironic lol. At least I don't personally attack people and judge them. I see what you post on others threads. This was a general service anouncment not aimed at anyone in particular. The last thing I would think you do in this forum is actually "support" people. So don't attack me...as you usually do when someone doesn't agree with you.

What's funny is.. This lose loose . " I hate it " post gets posted about once a week by different people lol.

You know what's funny I was looking for posts that would mention this difference in lose loose so when I didn't see anything for 2 weeks straight I felt I had to mention it. Lol

Everyone is entitled to a pet peeve.

Yeah, so ordinarily I am opposed to "pack hunting" in forums, especially support forums. But in your case I made an exception. Your original post made me seethingly mad. I'm sure I'm using that adverb incorrectly and dangling a participle or something dire like that. I'm probably even ending a sentence on a preposition. Dear God! Oh, the humanity! Somebody better draw and quarter me forthwith! Damn, there I go again, ending a sentence on a preposition.
Not only do you come on preachy, bitchy and judgemental, but you do it before any of us have had a chance to get to know you and your sparkling wit and repartee! You've only had 56 posts. Ye gods! :blink:
And btw, as it's already been posted, I'm sure you mean "a lot," because ALOT got eaten. Didn't you read the meme?

I thought you had happy feet though and you would go prancing around...apparently that wasn't so. You don't have to agree with me or even like me. And you saying I'm a newbie and you have to get to know me before I can make posts like this is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Thanks for calling me a b***h though that was really nice to read this morning. As I said before I didn't mean to offend anyone honestly oh well. To each their own.. my goodness

I actually commented that your behavior="you come on," was "preachy, bitchy, and judgemental." I did not call you a name. I can only go by your empirical data. You now have 59 posts and 39 likes and I don't see how long you've been a member here.

I actually commented that your behavior="you come on," was "preachy, bitchy, and judgemental." I did not call you a name. I can only go by your empirical data. You now have 59 posts and 39 likes and I don't see how long you've been a member here.

It's pretty much the same you don't have to teach me symantics. You saying my behaviour is bitchy and judgemental implies that I am a b***h and judgemental. And again how ever many posts I have on this forum means NOTHING. You are just looking for an argument. Why do you care how many posts I have or likes wtf?? Is this forum an exclusive group that I have to have a certain amount of likes to be a part of or to contribute?? Go find a hobby please and get off my thread. You are such a troll...which is unlike you. I see your posts and they are usually lighthearted and funny I assumed you would be the same on mine. Apparently not. Please GO AWAY.

15 minutes ago, soready17 said:

It's pretty much the same you don't have to teach me symantics. You saying my behaviour is bitchy and judgemental implies that I am a b***h and judgemental. And again how ever many posts I have on this forum means NOTHING. You are just looking for an argument. Why do you care how many posts I have or likes wtf?? Is this forum an exclusive group that I have to have a certain amount of likes to be a part of or to contribute?? Go find a hobby please and get off my thread. You are such a troll...which is unlike you. I see your posts and they are usually lighthearted and funny I assumed you would be the same on mine. Apparently not. Please GO AWAY.

Yeah (sarcasm). So in my original post, I clearly used the modifiers (preach-y and b***h-y, as adverbs to the verb "come on." I used judgmental as an action. They all answer the question "how" an action is occuring. Action = coming on = verb.

Trust me. If I wanted to call you a name, I would not veil it in innuendo, nor imply, infer, or suggest. I would say straight up, "Girl! You are such a b***h!"

So please do not attach meaning to my clearly written word. I don't "do" semantics. And I was addressing the tone and behavior to which you presented your pet peeve.

See ya round.

Yeah (sarcasm). So in my original post, I clearly used the modifiers (preach-y and b***h-y, as adverbs to the verb "come on." I used judgmental as an action. They all answer the question "how" an action is occuring. Action = coming on = verb.
Trust me. If I wanted to call you a name, I would not veil it in innuendo, nor imply, infer, or suggest. I would say straight up, "Girl! You are such a b***h!"
So please do not attach meaning to my clearly written word. I don't "do" semantics. And I was addressing the tone and behavior to which you presented your pet peeve.
See ya round.

Mmmm k

Ok...So I don't normally get involved in this type of ish, but...I will this time because I am a self proclaimed Chief of the Grammar Police. I regularly correct the grammatical errors of my family, friends, and people that I know in passing. I would never correct or comment on the grammar of the public at large to the public at large unless, of course, they are using the made up phrase "You guyses". That's my pet peeve.

The problem I have with this post actually comes down to your admission that you are an ESL teacher. I'm assuming that you are in the U.S. (Yes...assuming and I am very well aware of that danger) This is from whom they are learning our language? This is the type of behavior they are witnessing from Americans toward other humans without regard for educational levels, mental capabilities, or learning disabilities? That's disheartening.

I have to say that another one of my pet peeves is spelling. There is something to be said for a lot vs alot. I believe I learned that in the 3rd grade and it must've been driven into me because as a layperson (not a teacher of language) I still have never forgotten.

Symantics? Is that a computer language? A Frolicking robot game?

I believe you may have been referring to semantics

I'm sure that you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

se·man·tic
səˈman(t)ik/
adjective
adjective: semantic
  1. relating to meaning in language or logic.

Edited by MowryRocks

This coming from you is what's ironic lol. At least I don't personally attack people and judge them. I see what you post on others threads. This was a general service anouncment not aimed at anyone in particular. The last thing I would think you do in this forum is actually "support" people. So don't attack me...as you usually do when someone doesn't agree with you.

I'm flattered that you have seen me before. I on the other hand have never seen you...

Ok...So I don't normally get involved in this type of ish, but...I will this time because I am a self proclaimed Chief of the Grammar Police. I regularly correct the grammatical errors of my family, friends, and people that I know in passing. I would never correct or comment on the grammar of the public at large to the public at large unless, of course, they are using the made up phrase "You guyses". That's my pet peeve.
The problem I have with this post actually comes down to your admission that you are an ESL teacher. I'm assuming that you are in the U.S. (Yes...assuming and I am very well aware of that danger) This is from whom they are learning our language? This is the type of behavior they are witnessing from Americans toward other Americans without regard for educational levels, mental capabilities, or learning disabilities? That's disheartening.
I have to say that another one of my pet peeves is spelling. There is something to be said for a lot vs alot. I believe I learned that in the 3rd grade and it must've been driven into me because as a layperson (not a teacher of language) I still have never forgotten.
Symantics? Is that a computer language? A Frolicking robot game?
I believe you may have been referring to semantics
I'm sure that you'll correct me if I'm wrong.
se·man·tic səˈman(t)ik/ adjective adjective: semantic
  1. relating to meaning in language or logic.

Can I be your best friend ? [emoji23]. You write so well!! I write this clever in my mind sometimes.

See ya round.

Fluffy she doesn't even understand what your saying.. Which is shocking to me as she's got to the point of high intelligence were she can post to make fun of people's spelling on here. Then shout out she's being attacked trolled lol. Sounds like attention seeking behavior... Perhaps I shouldn't feed into it. Lol

22 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

Can I be your best friend ? . You write so well!! I write this clever in my mind sometimes.

Yes, of course you can! (and thank you)