Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining weight back

I'm gaining weight i lost 100 pounds I've gained 20 back what can I do?

Start counting your calories. You are eating too many for your metabolism.

Go back to basics... 60g+ Protein, 64oz+ fluids, Vitamins. Cut out white flour and sugar.

9 hours ago, Pamcalma said:

you lost over 100 pounds! You can do 20 pounds .Glad you are getting it back on track.

Many of us here are battling weight gain.

Get back to your Bariatric Eating plan high Protein low carb. Log your food if you don't already. I use myfitnesspal. Hydrate hydrate hydrate!

Activity and exercise.

for motivation - holiday weight loss challenge

https://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/405183-holiday-challenge-time-lets-do-this/

Are... are they shakes meant for bodybuilders on a bulk?

There's no way you'd gain 20 pounds on that diet, the calories are sneaking in somewhere. Make a MyFitnessPal account and log everything that passes your lips for a week.

Your sedentary daily energy expenditure with your listed stats is 2,200 calories. Eat less than that and you'll start losing again.

No it's just Protein Shakes put out by premier, also 30 minutes 4x a week on stationary bike. No breads, nothing white and no sugar. I do eat l.f. Peanut Butter crackers usually 1 pack a day for evening snack.

If you have gained weight on that diet then go to your doc. Unexplained weight gain could be from a medical condition.

12 hours ago, Pamcalma said:

No it's just Protein Shakes put out by premier, also 30 minutes 4x a week on stationary bike. No breads, nothing white and no sugar. I do eat l.f. Peanut Butter crackers usually 1 pack a day for evening snack.

You didn't mention your snack. When you ready to be honest let us know. If your only eating that.. plus that you added then you need to see your doctor because gaining 20lbs on like 500 Cal's lol need medical attention if that's true.. How can we help you get on track if apparently your barely eating anything .

We all have the times were we have said " no idea why I'm gaining weight I barely eat anything" till someone reminds you " what about this.. what about that. " Good luck.

Edited by dreamingsmall

12 hours ago, Pamcalma said:

Nothing white ? What colour are the crackers lol how many carbs and calories per pack

Edited by dreamingsmall

this is the truth I eat very little, because I am on meds. I would assume that is why I keep a good journal. You do not know me, therefore do not make the assumption I'm lying. This group is supposed to help, so pardon me for unsubscribing you were very helpful. Go look in the mirror before you judge, that is not your call tyo do!

this is the truth I eat very little, because I am on meds. I would assume that is why I keep a good journal. You do not know me, therefore do not make the assumption I'm lying. This group is supposed to help, so pardon me for unsubscribing you were very helpful. Go look in the mirror before you judge, that is not your call tyo do!

Dear Pamcalma, i understand how u felt. I was constantly being judged by Dietitian tat im eating alot for not losing weight with my lapband back then. *Hugs*

Its absolutely frustrating i know, but i was being informed tat the amount of the food i ate was still alot, especially sugary drinks (the hidden food etc) plus, maybe also my body setpoint: so fearful tat i die of hunger, tats why it kept conserving instead of burning.

...tats why im not losing.

Actually another school of thought said if one dont eat enuff of Protein but kept exercising, the body Will go into conservation mode easily and quickly.

Dear Pamcalma, hv a good talk with your Dietitian.

Its the perseverance tat matters, your body will ultimately submit and start burning as long as you dont give up. focus on your goal...

The rest of the forum folks are not judging you :)
But pointing out areas you might miss out...

Stay positive ya! ultimately, the "battle" is between you and your body (head hunger/refused to burn fat etc)

On 11/22/2017 at 6:48 AM, Pamcalma said:

Sorry for the length of this.

I'm not going to put you down or preach what you should eat or do - This is some things to try to put you back in weightloss mode. You are not alone.

You are over a year out. your weight loss seems a bit different ..right?

After a year - You can hold more food volume and the weight loss slows down. (cut carbs they can sabotage your weight loss)

Weight loss after a year out is NOT a cookie cutter answer. Dialing in your diet ( finding the calorie and macros) will be trial and error.

If going back to basic works for your body then yes do it! - If basics are not working here is an option:

TDEE CALCULATOR and MYFITNESSPAL LINK - ( log your food to know if you are hitting your calorie, Protein and carbohydrate goals to dial in your diet)

https://tdeecalculator.net/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android&hl=en

TDEE calculator gives you your calories and macros based on your sex, age, weight, height and activity level.

fill your information (omit body fat%) Click [calculate]

The first number is your maintenance calories (This is not your calories for weight loss.) more steps to follow)

Scroll down to macronutrients you will see three tabs.

[maintaining] [cutting] [bulking]

click [cutting] this is your weight loss calories and macros -

Your calories are a 500 deficit from maintaining. you are given three options of carb ratios (low, moderate and high)

Start with the low carb macros to see where your body starts losing weight.

Side note: My personal experience, Raising my Protein goal and eating raw and steamed veggies with my Protein is giving me the sensation of full.

The tdee calculator - I adjusted my activity level one setting back from my real activity level - It has kicked me back into weight loss mode. Its been trial and error dialing in my diet.

I hope you find what works for you,

Jenn

No ones judging you. If your eating nothing and gaining 20lbs you need to see a doctor. There is no judgment in pointing out the obvious.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app