Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No appetite with a feeling of lump in throat

I had my gastric sleeve on 10/23 and am on a full liquid diet. However, I mostly just drink my clear Protein Drinks since I started back at work. I've been feeling really full since I started my Vitamin supplements and have a hard time getting in all my protein/water. I now feel that there is a constant lump in my throat (full feeling). I am trying to drink past it, but sometimes I get nauseated. I only urinate once a day and its very dark. I know I'm getting dehydrated, but don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Hi there, I'm still pre op but one thing I have learned on this site is you definitely need to urinate more than once a day so you might have to go and get iv fluids. I would call your surgeon and speak with them asap... hoping you feel better really soon! Keep us updated on how your doing.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I agree. You might as well go get fluids now because you are already dehydrated and can't "catch up". The best you can hope for is to maintain once rehydrated.

Do call your surgeon to let them know how you are feeling... but you can call after going for fluids.

About drinking protein... make sure you get an ounce of Fluid for each gram of Protein you consume. Digesting protein requires a lot of Water, and consuming more protein than fluid will dehydrate you more. (The body will pull water out of your tissues to work on the protein).

I agree. You might as well go get fluids now because you are already dehydrated and can't "catch up". The best you can hope for is to maintain once rehydrated.
Do call your surgeon to let them know how you are feeling... but you can call after going for fluids.
About drinking protein... make sure you get an ounce of Fluid for each gram of Protein you consume. Digesting protein requires a lot of Water, and consuming more protein than fluid will dehydrate you more. (The body will pull water out of your tissues to work on the protein).

All of my protein is in water currently but im not even reaching my goal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

Is it 20g in 20oz?

Is it 20g in 20oz?

I see what you are saying now! I cant see how in the world i will ever get that much Fluid in!!!

Like I said. Go get IV fluids now, and start watering down your Protein waters. Fluids are more important than protein.

I agree with @Berry78 go get IV fluids now or you will damage your kidneys.

I had my gastric sleeve on 10/23 and am on a full liquid diet. However, I mostly just drink my clear Protein drinks since I started back at work. I've been feeling really full since I started my Vitamin supplements and have a hard time getting in all my protein/water. I now feel that there is a constant lump in my throat (full feeling). I am trying to drink past it, but sometimes I get nauseated. I only urinate once a day and its very dark. I know I'm getting dehydrated, but don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Hi there, I'm still pre op but one thing I have learned on this site is you definitely need to urinate more than once a day so you might have to go and get iv fluids. I would call your surgeon and speak with them asap... hoping you feel better really soon! Keep us updated on how your doing.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm not a Dr, only a nurse. In order to keep your kidneys functioning they at least need to produce 30cc every 8 hours, so as everyone else says... Head to the ER now!

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

In addition to the comments about dehydration it sounds like the lump could be GERD as a lump in throat is a classic sign of GERD (and GERD is the biggest side effect of a sleeve).

A phonecall to the office should be a priority

How are things going?

How are things going?

Got fluids. Talked with my surgeon and he called me in another PPI and zofran. He also put me back on warm clears only for a few days. Not feeling the greatest and have no energy.

So glad you got some treatment. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon.