Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HOLIDAY CHALLENGE TIME!! LET'S DO THIS!

Current Weight: 219
Goal Weight: 220
Today's Date: 1/3/18

I hit goal today!! I'm down 36 lbs since surgery 10/20. I struggle to not compare myself to everyone else, as I feel like I should be losing faster. But, I'm averaging a 3-4 lb loss/week. I won't complain about that! Slow and steady, I have to keep reminding myself that!!!

1/3/18

Current weight: 220

Goal weight: 220

Hooray, I did it. I thought my goal might be unrealistic but glad I made it. I too struggle with wanting to add foods to my diet that I should not but the more I lose the easier it is to leave the bad foods alone.

On 12/27/2017 at 11:43 AM, Alex Brecher said:

I merged both holiday challenge topics together and posted the spreadsheet in your initial post.

Thank you!!!

2 hours ago, MissT_SR said:

Today is January 3rd

CW: 192.2

GW: 190 (for this challenge)

Long term goal: 130

I’m almost at my goal for this challenge but I am so disappointed in myself because it could be more, and considering I’m only two months out, for me, I believe it should be more... I started this challenge not exactly knowing what weight to have as a goal and I’m realizing that thru Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years- all excuses of course- I realize I truly have no willpower and that I’m overeating and more depressed than I care to face. I believe I should be losing steadily (barring potential stalls) but I keep eating, sometimes worse than before surgery (I’m eating chips and soda, something I rarely did). I don’t want to deal with my skeletons but I know I have to so today I start seeing an eating disorder psychologist to figure out why I continue to hurt myself (I am literally stuffing my pouch to painful results) If anyone ever tells you that WLS is the easy way out tell them to f**k off and die!

This is me being accountable, hopefully I won’t continue to isolate and will come forward with good and hopeful progress!

I applaud your honesty, and also for your seeing the counselor. The great news is that you are aware of your bad habits, and being aware is a really big step forward. In time I really believe you will work through those demons. I am over a year out and I have not kicked all of mine, but I am so much better. Be proud of the steps you have taken thus far. You will get there, and with the help of a counselor, you can kick most of your food demons out of your life! Its not easy, my hat is off to you.

2 hours ago, emily712 said:

Current Weight: 219
Goal Weight: 220
Today's Date: 1/3/18

I hit goal today!! I'm down 36 lbs since surgery 10/20. I struggle to not compare myself to everyone else, as I feel like I should be losing faster. But, I'm averaging a 3-4 lb loss/week. I won't complain about that! Slow and steady, I have to keep reminding myself that!!!

Congratulations!!! You spanked this challenge!! High fives!!!! Whoo hoooo!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 9.25.45 AM.png

1 hour ago, kjnelson said:

1/3/18

Current weight: 220

Goal weight: 220

Hooray, I did it. I thought my goal might be unrealistic but glad I made it. I too struggle with wanting to add foods to my diet that I should not but the more I lose the easier it is to leave the bad foods alone.

Way to go!!! Congratulations!!! And during the holidays. GREAT JOB!!!!

congratulations-clip-art.jpg

Good morning all and happy Weigh In Wednesday! I am so happy to see some goals reached and many of us marching right up to almost goal.

My apologies for updating last weeks so late. So much holiday stress. This holiday season was brutal for me. Trying to balance and maintain was a true challenge. I gained this past week. I resolve to get back on track, and get more fit. More cardio!

One more week, we can do this!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zMNphV_evJl4pfjPPYpqPejO6-k1--EgMQjeWvDcr_I/edit?usp=sharing

1/3/18
Starting the New Year off in a stall!!! I am going to stay positive....this too shall pass!!!

Sent from my VK810 4G using BariatricPal mobile app

1/3/18 Weigh-in: 195 lbs.

Thank you!

IM STILL 325# IM GOING TO WITHDRAW MYSELF FROM THIS CHALLENGE. I HAVENT BEEN EATING WRONG FOODS OR OVER EATING I HAVE BEEN STEPPING UP MY WORK OUT BUT CANT LOSE A POUND FOR A MONTH NOW. THIS IS VERY DISCOURAGING AND JUST NEED TO FACE REALITY THAT THIS ISNT FOR ME ANYMORE. IM NOT GOING BACK TO OLD WAYS OR ANYTHING BUT IM JUST NOT GOING TO POST ON THIS SITE. YES AND THE JUDGERS WILL SAY IM HAVING A PITY PARTY AND MAYBE THATS TRUE BUT FOR NOW THATS OK IM THE ONLY ONE INVITED.

1/3/18 Happy new year! We made it through together.

todays weight 136

Wednesday Weigh In.jpg

30 minutes ago, lindabalseca said:

IM STILL 325# IM GOING TO WITHDRAW MYSELF FROM THIS CHALLENGE. I HAVENT BEEN EATING WRONG FOODS OR OVER EATING I HAVE BEEN STEPPING UP MY WORK OUT BUT CANT LOSE A POUND FOR A MONTH NOW. THIS IS VERY DISCOURAGING AND JUST NEED TO FACE REALITY THAT THIS ISNT FOR ME ANYMORE. IM NOT GOING BACK TO OLD WAYS OR ANYTHING BUT IM JUST NOT GOING TO POST ON THIS SITE. YES AND THE JUDGERS WILL SAY IM HAVING A PITY PARTY AND MAYBE THATS TRUE BUT FOR NOW THATS OK IM THE ONLY ONE INVITED.

No judgment from me. Stalls and gains are absolutely frustrating. Its hard when you see other people losing weight. Step back from the challenge. Come back if you still want support.

Wish you the best,

Jenn

No judgment from me. Stalls and gains are absolutely frustrating. Its hard when you see other people losing weight. Step back from the challenge. Come back if you still want support.
Wish you the best,
Jenn

No judgement from me. I was in a 3 week stall most of Nov/Dec. I was very upset and frustrated so I totally get it. continue doing the right things and it will get better. Wishing you only the best. Take good care of you.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app