Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Office Worker tips.

<p>I know what you mean. Today at work they are having a mandatory luncheon with a delicious box lunch...sandwiches, chips, soft drink, Cookies. I'm freaking out. I was told just to be grateful that it was a free lunch. Not many people here know about lapband. I guess I'll eat the meat. I'm so upset. I take my meals very seriously.</p>

Stress at work. I do fine when I'm home in sticking to the foods, etc I'm supposed to have. But at work, it is so hard as to be almost impossible. I have dried fruit at my desk, and it does help, as does plenty of Water. I like the tip about the hand weights, I have some at home I can bring. My biggest problem seems to be because I cannot take a water bottle into some work areas. If I eat any thing, it must be very sneaky (I'm sitting behind my boss, and if she heard a"crinkle" or any indications of food being scarfed down, she'd have a duck!) So then the problem gets worse because when I get back to my office, I want to pig out(and sometimes do!). Any suggestions on what I can do relieve stress, other than quitting my job? I was banded on Oct 3, 2007 and will get my first fill Nov 19. I am looking forward to that since I currently feel no presssure or full feeling when I eat or drink. I have lost 14 lbs but that was mostly in the 1st two weeks. Thanks :)Laura

Laura,

As far as stress relief. I foind swimming before work does wonders! Then i go in the hot tub, mmmm mmmmmmmmm

O and here is this mornings lovely office kitchen.

post-220194-13813135774829_thumb.jpg

Mandatory lunch? I thought the days of serfs were over. I have attended many a meeting that was mandatory, but I've never been told what I had to eat and who I had to eat it with! Guess, even with the stress, my job is not as difficult as I think it is.:)Laura

Anyone else dealing with everyone else's "leftover" Halloween candy?

Ack!

I have been trying to be good, even though my surgery is in January. Well forget that today!:faint:

I tore a ligament in my foot, crossing the f'ing street, I walked a little faster because the light was changing. Mind you, I walk lots all of the time now.

Anyway, got this soft cast on my foot, with a boot, and can barely walk now. So, then proceeded to eat the lunch I brought to work, a bag of pretzels my co-worker gave me, the granola bars in my desk, and the left over Halloween candy in the kitchen area when I went to get coffee.

Got home, and parked on the couch and finished the ice cream that has been sitting in the freezer for a month.

I am not even sorry, but pissed off at myself. I never thought I was a stress eater either and I can't remember eating this much stuff at work. So, does this type of a crash happen to anyone with the band in? My sister thinks it might be because I took a few different drugs today.

I have to say my co-workers in my "new" office are much nicer about food. All the food is in the supervisors office. 4 doors down from mine I dont even have to go there. And everyone here is real polite about fragrant food.

Wow, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one struggling at work. But sad that we're all stuck dealing with it!

Between the stress and the non-stop Snacks and "luncheons" I can hardly stand going to work because that's where I lose my will power. For example, yesterday was a Thanksgiving luncheon...two conference tables filled with food and Desserts. I look like a butt if I don't participate but then I try to control myself and still end up eating more calories at lunch than I should in the entire day. It is so frustrating.

Then, if I hear one more skinny person at work complaining that "they're sooooo fat" I am going to flip out.

Sorry...but this thread is EXACTLY what I need right now to release some venting!

Yeah this morning was a donut Breakfast. To say thank you for doing a big account.

HELLO donuts?!

Thankfully the people I work with are polite enough to keep the actual donuts out of my office.