Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Office Worker tips.

Ok this is a place for us office workers to exchange tips.

I work here 7am - 5pm 5 days a week and i travel about 11 weeks of the year from Oct to April on and off.

Right now in our lunch room there are Haloween Cookies and im avoiding it like crazy!

I can share some of my office eating habits and a few tips.

Ok here is the first. I keep a 12LB dumbbell in my cubie and when im talking on my hands free cordless phone i just curl away. I wonder what the guy on the other end of the phone would think!

I don't see myself sitting at my desk doing curls, but I have to tell you I can see myself riding one of those motorcycles!!!

I keep Healthy Snacks in my desk. If I get a bit hungry or just feel like munching (I know a no-no) then I pull out a piece of low-fat cheese and maybe a few pretzels. Hopefully I will be doing this again soon as I can't at the moment due to mushie diet, but Jello is filling in right now. LOL

Please, yes! I need some help. Those heartless b____ tches in my office have a bowl of chocolate candy sitting in the middle of the lunch table the size of an aquarium. AND someone left a chocolate cheesecake from the Olive Garden in the kitchen. I just ate a 3 oz. can of sardines. Somehow, that's not helping. The "curl" idea might work for me. I'm the receptionist here. That should be interesting....and that is a BEAUTIFUL bike. You ride?

Blessings,

I had the same problems! I keep some sugar-free candies next to me (tip from another bandster). But, really, when I see someone walking past w/a Reeses, I practically drool.

I hate Halloween! My inner child has definitely left the building.

I'm tellin' ya. I feel your pain. You could lead me off a cliff with a Snickers. But as they say, nothing tastes as good as thin feels. I'd like to revise that to ..."as good as healthy feels." I've no illusions. I know I'll never be as flat-bellied as I was as a 19-year-old racehorse, but I would love not to drop dead before I see grandkids. Know what I mean?

Hey, I think I sent an invite for you to get on my Yahoo Messenger. Let me know if I didn't do it right. My Yahoo ID is mhuire3.

Please, yes! I need some help. Those heartless b____ tches in my office have a bowl of chocolate candy sitting in the middle of the lunch table the size of an aquarium. AND someone left a chocolate cheesecake from the Olive Garden in the kitchen. I just ate a 3 oz. can of sardines. Somehow, that's not helping. The "curl" idea might work for me. I'm the receptionist here. That should be interesting....and that is a BEAUTIFUL bike. You ride?

Blessings,

Lol. That was a good post! Yes i ride:)

I do have some more tips but keep em coming. Thanks for the bike compliment.

I am keeping sunflower seeds at my desk dried aprocots I have something that boils Water in the microwave so I can have hot tea. Plenty of water.

OH yeah and play dough. when the cravings get me I play with playdough. Keeps my hands busy and the smell of playdough usualy keeps me from putting things in my mouth.

Seems to me I remember being told not to eat dried fruit. And I really like prunes and raisins. Play Doh does really stink. I bet that would kill your appetite for a minute or two. I just tried to eat a big spoon of black bean dip and some sweet potato chips. About 3 bites and I quit. Not because I feel full, but because I didn't really want it. Darn! This is hard.

I have a tendency to eat when bored....so I eat a lot at work. The play-Doh and toys like that are handy for me.

The dried fruit is like candy for me. and a little goes a long way.

that's GREAT advice! And it would be satisfying to at least handle the offending tidbit on your way to the trash.

You've lost 31 lbs in 10 days? Dr. Fiallo did my surgery as well.

:faint:No, I lost the first 20 pre-op during my 6 month program required by the insurance company, I've lost about 13 pounds since surgery. I go back to Dr. Fiallo Nov. 13 and I think I'm getting my first fill then. But the weight is coming off so I must be doing something right, trick will be KEEPING it off. That's the tough part for me. :faint:

This might sound silly but I have the chocolate flavored Calcium chew and I eat that when I have the candy crave!

I travel for work so as I drive I do the hold the abs tight during the red light or commercials on the radio....when I feel motivated.

Great Thread!