Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What has been your biggest challenges and successes

Recovery has been pretty easy, I'm 5 days post op, I was sleeved 16th oct, I went to work on the 20th. I got my flight home, I can bend and this morning I was moving exercise equipment

Hard- gauging how much to sip/drink, like you are thirsty so you take a mouthful, swallow and realise that was not what you are supposed to do.

Hard- also that drink they make u do for the leak test WOW so nasty

Omg is it the white drink? Ewwwwww. Congratulations and you sound like a trooper! I’m hoping to be like you. I’m fairly robust. Are you feeling full? I want the full! I guess it’s a bit all over the place at the moment but you must be so happy to be done. I’ve got an endoscopy tommorrow and sleeve on the 7 th oct. can’t wait... not so much on the endoscopy!!!

My biggest challenge was deciding what I wanted my diet to look like long term. This surgery gives us the metabolism reset that we need, but we have to find a healthy diet that we can live with for life. This isn't easy. Second was finding an exercise routine that I would look forward to doing 5-6 days a week. I found the solution to both so I feel like I am in a good place to be successful in maintaining my loss.

Only time will tell though.

My biggest success was getting off all of my medications for type 2 diabetes, and a close second was getting into the best shape I have ever been in by starting running.

7 hours ago, eden30 said:

Omg is it the white drink? Ewwwwww. Congratulations and you sound like a trooper! I’m hoping to be like you. I’m fairly robust. Are you feeling full? I want the full! I guess it’s a bit all over the place at the moment but you must be so happy to be done. I’ve got an endoscopy tommorrow and sleeve on the 7 th oct. can’t wait... not so much on the endoscopy!!!

LOL mine was blue and so so FOUL. I am not feeling full but I am not feeling hungry, I was actually sick earlier I tried a Soup that had bits in it and was enjoying the taste so I was eating it quickly.

I'm happy its done but I do think I may loose to much, I haven't gotten on the scale yet, I will at 10 days post. All the best with your Endoscopy I don't even remember mine!!

and all the best for your OP!

My biggest challenge was deciding what I wanted my diet to look like long term. This surgery gives us the metabolism reset that we need, but we have to find a healthy diet that we can live with for life. This isn't easy. Second was finding an exercise routine that I would look forward to doing 5-6 days a week. I found the solution to both so I feel like I am in a good place to be successful in maintaining my loss.
Only time will tell though.
My biggest success was getting off all of my medications for type 2 diabetes, and a close second was getting into the best shape I have ever been in by starting running.

That’s so great! I’m a runner too. Praise be the running and all that! You sound like you’re doing so fantastic. I agree, I think the diet and exercise are vital, congratulations on your success [emoji16]

LOL mine was blue and so so FOUL. I am not feeling full but I am not feeling hungry, I was actually sick earlier I tried a Soup that had bits in it and was enjoying the taste so I was eating it quickly.
I'm happy its done but I do think I may loose to much, I haven't gotten on the scale yet, I will at 10 days post. All the best with your Endoscopy I don't even remember mine!!

Blue!!! Gawd! Yes I’m hoping to not remember my endoscopy either!!!! [emoji16]

And thanks for the good wishes [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Recovery has been pretty easy, I'm 5 days post op, I was sleeved 16th oct, I went to work on the 20th. I got my flight home, I can bend and this morning I was moving exercise equipment
Hard- gauging how much to sip/drink, like you are thirsty so you take a mouthful, swallow and realise that was not what you are supposed to do.
Hard- also that drink they make u do for the leak test WOW so nasty

Omg! I can’t imagine! I took 14 days off.

The sipping in super hard. I am on my 7th day out. Also nothing cold. If I forget to warm it in my mouth before swallowing, it hurts. But I love ice cold! Besides the warming in my mouth, I noticed I really have to take my time, even eating yogurt. I thought about using a baby spoon. I have always been a guzzler for drinking, and a shoveler for eating. I have to be very careful and very vigilant on my drinking and eating, and try to slow down .

The sipping in super hard. I am on my 7th day out. Also nothing cold. If I forget to warm it in my mouth before swallowing, it hurts. But I love ice cold! Besides the warming in my mouth, I noticed I really have to take my time, even eating yogurt. I thought about using a baby spoon. I have always been a guzzler for drinking, and a shoveler for eating. I have to be very careful and very vigilant on my drinking and eating, and try to slow down .

Yes I will have to do all my of this! I am a shoveller too!!!