Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's some ****. Have a conversation with him. Has he always been this detached?

Not really he just didn’t want me to have the surgery so he feels like his feeling about it wasn’t taken into consideration. But I told him this is for me. He’s fine now. Helping me out because it’s over and done with. I’ll never forget though

I too am extremely depressed. I have nothing but feelings of anger and hatred. I don’t want to be around anyone. I feel like I hate my wife. I am tired and mentally exhausted. Wish I could pick up a drink or a drug but I know that isn’t the answer.

Oh no. Why are you feeling this way?

1 hour ago, Missytee said:

Not really he just didn’t want me to have the surgery so he feels like his feeling about it wasn’t taken into consideration. But I told him this is for me. He’s fine now. Helping me out because it’s over and done with. I’ll never forget though

I was lucky. My partner has been supportive... VERY. Even when I was considering Mexico. But this is also why I decided he was the one for me years ago. But I do take the time to reassure him that no-matter how skinny I get, he's the man for me.

Edited by ShawnZ

Oh no. Why are you feeling this way?

Not sure. Just not feeling well. Haven’t been to an AA meeting in about 6 months. I am down 62 pounds and yet still miserable.

5 minutes ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Not sure. Just not feeling well. Haven’t been to an AA meeting in about 6 months. I am down 62 pounds and yet still miserable.

If you were a part of AA - PLEASE CONTINUE! My best friend would still be alive if he had continued.

If you were a part of AA - PLEASE CONTINUE! My best friend would still be alive if he had continued.

Yeah, I need to hit a meeting. What happened to your best friend?

5 minutes ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Yeah, I need to hit a meeting. What happened to your best friend?

He was going to Austin for a rehab facility. Has stopped going to AA. He was doing crystal followed by downers to go to sleep - that way the people he was with wouldn't know he was twacked out. He tripped over a fan and his heart stop. He was found he next day dead.

He went to AA from 16 to 20 something... I tagged along - everyone has problems of some sort. He died when we were 25. I knew him so well that we didn't need to talk to have a conversation.

But again, if you were going to AA, get out and find a meeting TODAY. Call your sponsor - ask him to go with you. YOU need support now more than ever. Giving up an addiction is hard.. Giving up food is harder - it's not like you can practice abstinence.

But their are mental problems associated with obesity just like and addiction... You need the support. You need a release, and DON'T LET DRUGS BE THAT RELEASE.

Edited by ShawnZ

Have u started hitting the gym yet ??? It's a great way to help all those things that are bothering u

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

He was going to Austin for a rehab facility. Has stopped going to AA. He was doing crystal followed by downers to go to sleep - that way the people he was with wouldn't know he was twacked out. He tripped over a fan and his heart stop. He was found he next day dead.
He went to AA from 16 to 20 something... I tagged along - everyone has problems of some sort. He died when we were 25. I knew him so well that we didn't need to talk to have a conversation.
But again, if you were going to AA, get out and find a meeting TODAY. Call your sponsor - ask him to go with you. YOU need support now more than ever. Giving up an addiction is hard.. Giving up food is harder - it's not like you can practice abstinence.
But their are mental problems associated with obesity just like and addiction... You need the support. You need a release, and DON'T LET DRUGS BE THAT RELEASE.

I have been sober for almost 10 years. Haven’t felt like drinking in a long time, now that I can’t abuse food a tall draft beer sounds good to me. I think the last meeting I went to was 6 months ago. I feel like I could literally beat someone to death I have so much anger and hatred built up right now.

I too am extremely depressed. I have nothing but feelings of anger and hatred. I don’t want to be around anyone. I feel like I hate my wife. I am tired and mentally exhausted. Wish I could pick up a drink or a drug but I know that isn’t the answer.

Hey Walter,
I admire your strength. You have conquered so many battles. Have you considered therapy and the possibility you may need medication for depression? It all changed my life. I'm in the appeal process because my insurance denied my surgery because of my therapists psych evaluation. He screwed it all up but is in the process of talking to the insurance company. A blunt would have made me feel better. Honestly, but I didn't do it. Anyway, take a breath and please go to a meeting and maybe explore the options I talked about!!! You got this man!

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

Hey Walter,
I admire your strength. You have conquered so many battles. Have you considered therapy and the possibility you may need medication for depression? It all changed my life. I'm in the appeal process because my insurance denied my surgery because of my therapists psych evaluation. He screwed it all up but is in the process of talking to the insurance company. A blunt would have made me feel better. Honestly, but I didn't do it. Anyway, take a breath and please go to a meeting and maybe explore the options I talked about!!! You got this man!

Best wishes!

Dotty Cole

I take medicine for my depression. I used to go to a psychologist, and things were getting better. I stopped seeing him and now I feel like killing someone.

I take medicine for my depression. I used to go to a psychologist, and things were getting better. I stopped seeing him and now I feel like killing someone.

Mate!!!! I’m an Aussie so that’s how I talk. Get yourself to a meeting. Like don’t sit here chatting about this ****, get your arse out of the door and get to a meeting.
You are clearly a bloody legend and have sorted out some major stuff in your life. This is something you’re struggling with. Get to a meeting. Don’t be going down that path.
You know it.
Do it.
Call your sponsor, get a lift, but the hell out of the door. Only you can do this.
I’m bloody barracking for ya mate.

Walter,

Please also go back and see your psychologist. You are going through a lot. Addiction, even when sober, is something that can haunt you your entire life. Now you've been through another serious lifestyle change. Anytime any of use meet our demons face-to-face it is difficult (we all have them we are just not all brave enough to face them). You are obviously meeting all of yours face-to-face and I admire you for that. That being said you have to get some help as when you tear down those walls you have to deal with unresolved issues that poke their ugly head. This comes out in various ways and for you right now it is anger and depression. I truly feel you can work through it as you are definitely someone who has continued to prove you can overcome one obstacle after another. I know things seem difficult right now but before you do anything to mess up all your hard work go back to your psychologist as you shared that this helped. Also go to AA if this helped as well. Anything that helps you be the best you that you can be is worth it. Look at how much you have accomplished. Focus on all your amazing achievements, Wow, there has been a lot. Don't sell yourself short and know there are many of us here who will support you the best we can!!!

I was lucky. My partner has been supportive... VERY. Even when I was considering Mexico. But this is also why I decided he was the one for me years ago. But I do take the time to reassure him that no-matter how skinny I get, he's the man for me.

That’s true. It could be the assurance