Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi friends,

i got band to sleeve revision on Tuesday October 3rd. Just curious how far post op you guys are and what your eating is like now?😊

Im 5 1/2 weeks post op and i can only eat maybe 2 oz at a time about the size of 1 egg any more than that i get sick, im still drunking 1 -1 1/2 protien drinks a day but i feel good

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

Doreen ,

thank you for your response. I'm glad you're doing good :-) I bought some of the proti-Vlc Products for my doctors office and I really like their Protein that you can put in Water that's fruit flavored:) have you tried that or is there a different kind you like?

I'm 2.5 years post-op. I was sleeved in April 2015.

I can eat about 8 ounces at one sitting comfortably. Since my capacity has nearly tripled since the early days, I stick to meals and Snacks that contain mostly Protein.

My staples include ham/turkey sandwiches, tuna casserole, meatloaf, blackened tilapia, salmon croquettes, flatbread pizza, and baked chicken thighs.

2 years

I can eat 4 to 6 ounces of Protein at once.

My eating is pretty "normal". If you saw me eating at a restaurant you would not think I was a weight loss patient.

I am one year post-op. I can eat about 3 ounces of meat at a time with 1.5 ounces of green Beans. I could probably eat more than that, but I don't eat until I am "full." I focus on specified amounts and meeting set macros each day.

That being said, for the last few weeks, I have found myself not being able to eat what I have easily eaten for months and months now. I am hoping it is just a phase and it will pass soon. I have a checkup in about a month. If it isn't better then, I'll talk to the NP about it.

Edited by blizair09
Added second paragraph.

I am almost 5 months post-op. For the first 3 months I followed a Protein first low carb style diet. I have been eating a mostly WFPB diet for the past 2 months. I can eat 4-6oz depending on what I am eating. I try to eat 1200 calories a day because I run 5 days a week and I need the fuel.

I feel great eating this way and I am only 3.5 pounds from my goal.

I'm finally a year out, (yesterday yay!) And it still takes me almost an hour to get through 3oz of food, and thats a little over half or more being dense Protein and the other ounce and change are from veggies usually. I talked to my NUT about it and she wasn't worried. She said everyone is different. I feel better. Its still hard getting in 1000 calories when I'm sticking to protein first and veggies. I still supplement will a Protein Shake a day just to up my calories. Sometimes i barely hit 600, if im lucky.

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app