How about NO vitamins?!

14 posts in this topic

I am not the best at remembering vits, but you may not see the point, but you are not super human. It is a standard recommendation not out of thin air, but from research on what has shown bariatric patients need. Issues may not show up from day one, does not mean they never will.

Hi my dietitian said that elevit for women is a good Vitamin supplement to take it has everything in it. I cant take some of the Vitamins they suggest the adverse affects arent nice lol , i also take a soft chew Calcium and Vitamin D yummy chocolate flavour ..

19 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

Black people have low vit d due to race? Is it because alot of black people dont want to get darker so avoid the sun lol or is there actually an issue absorbing vit d? I know i put my arm out when driving and feel ten shades darker lol so i do not stay in the sun long lol were as my friends who are white love the sun , luckily vit d is good for now

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/4/1126.full

This is primarily due to the fact that pigmentation reduces Vitamin D production in the skin.

It is because of the melanin in our skin. I spend all summer in the sun and I walk in the sun every day in the winter no matter what and I still had low Vitamin D.

Furthermore, it is becoming increasingly apparent that vitamin D protects against other chronic conditions, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and some cancers, all of which are as prevalent or more prevalent among blacks than whites. Clinicians and educators should be encouraged to promote improved vitamin D status among blacks (and others) because of the low risk and low cost of vitamin D supplementation and its potentially broad health benefits.

29 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/4/1126.full

It is because of the melanin in our skin. I spend all summer in the sun and I walk in the sun every day in the winter no matter what and I still had low Vitamin D.

Thank you for the info , black people hiding from the sun wont help the already desposition situation, that is interesting, no offence but are you super dark? is it the darker you are the more likely to have vit d deficiancy? I think I am quite dark. but not super dark but never had an issue.