Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I survived the Halloween party last night without having any drinks, Snacks or candy! Brought a Protein Shake with me and drank Water and danced a bit. Had fun - proud of myself for following the rules! Down 9 pounds since 10/20!

I survived the Halloween party last night without having any drinks, Snacks or candy! Brought a Protein Shake with me and drank Water and danced a bit. Had fun - proud of myself for following the rules! Down 9 pounds since 10/20!

Great job and congrats! I got through mine today, too! Wasn't as hard as I thought. Home stretch, here we are!

6 minutes ago, CamillaCallie said:

Great job and congrats! I got through mine today, too! Wasn't as hard as I thought. Home stretch, here we are!

I still have a few more weeks - I chose to start my liquid diet a few days early AND I have to do it for 28 days, but I'm doing okay! Are you seeing much weight loss yet with the liquid diet? Are you feeling different?

I start my liquid diet tomorrow, my surgery date is Nov 13. I have a blood clot in my leg so I'm getting a filter put in on the 6th. This has more scared than the actual surgery.

I still have a few more weeks - I chose to start my liquid diet a few days early AND I have to do it for 28 days, but I'm doing okay! Are you seeing much weight loss yet with the liquid diet? Are you feeling different?

Today was day 4 out of 14 and I have lost 8 pounds so far (I'm sure a lot of it is Water weight). I do get pangs of hunger and pout for a second that I can't have real food but quickly get over it. The broths and Protein Shakes do actually satisfy my hunger. If I'm REALLY hungry, I'm allowed hard boiled egg whites so I just have 3 of those. I haven't lost energy, drinking green tea WORKS! Curves hunger and keeps me alert. Just taking it one day at a time and doing everything I'm told so my surgeon is a happy camper on Nov 9th! :)

Just now, CamillaCallie said:

Today was day 4 out of 14 and I have lost 8 pounds so far (I'm sure a lot of it is Water weight). I do get pangs of hunger and pout for a second that I can't have real food but quickly get over it. The broths and Protein Shakes do actually satisfy my hunger. If I'm REALLY hungry, I'm allowed hard boiled egg whites so I just have 3 of those. I haven't lost energy, drinking green tea WORKS! Curves hunger and keeps me alert. Just taking it one day at a time and doing everything I'm told so my surgeon is a happy camper on Nov 9th! :)

I gotta get some green tea - thanks for the tip!

I start my liquid diet tomorrow, my surgery date is Nov 13. I have a blood clot in my leg so I'm getting a filter put in on the 6th. This has more scared than the actual surgery.

Sorry to hear that, sending good thoughts your way and hoping for a speedy recovery!

2 hours ago, mellymel50 said:

I start my liquid diet tmr. My surgery begins 11/7 in Atlanta, GA. I feel as though I’m parting ways with an ex.

I totally understand the "ex" aspect. I've been trying to eat all the things I will miss. It's going to be weird not have it in my life any longer. Start my preop diet tomorrow so trying to get my "last time" finished. Good luck on your surgery. It seems like something we've waited for so long is finally happening (sorry that I am assuming how you feel it just seems that's how we all feel). I'm 3 days after you.

I wanted to share this with you guys. Image1509370738.594112.jpg

You guys might like it but it’s for after surgery when we are allowed to.

Hi all!

My surgery date is November 15th! I start the preop diet on the 1st. My preop diet is unlimited Protein Shakes, white-meat chicken, turkey breast, low-fat cottage cheese, chicken broth, egg whites, and sugar-free popsicles and Jello. No caffiene or carbonation. I'm in the Phoenix, Arizona area. Anyone else?

I'm also on the 15th and start liquid diet tomorrow. My diet consists of 3 VLCD supplements a day, 2 + cups of vegetables (no potato pumpkin corn green peas or Lima beans), 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and at least 2 litres of extra Fluid a day. At least yours has some meat!

1 hour ago, Sue Sayers said:

I'm also on the 15th and start liquid diet tomorrow. My diet consists of 3 VLCD supplements a day, 2 + cups of vegetables (no potato pumpkin corn green peas or Lima beans), 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and at least 2 litres of extra Fluid a day. At least yours has some meat!

Yeah, compared to others that have posted mine totally isn't as bad as it could be. It's just that I've always been more of a "side" person. Like my dinner plate before this would only be 10% meat and then 90% sides (mashed potatoes, salad, veggies, whatever) BUT obviously, that is changing with the sleeve surgery so it's good I'm changing my focus now!

OMG 🤦🏽‍♀️ November is here you guys. Please let's keep each other posted as each of us will have our day.

Edited by BabyFat23