Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded three days ago, and while I don't have any hunger ( I actually have to force myself to eat 2 oz) I do have a lot of stomach rumbling. It happens every few minutes all day long, and it is so loud both my mom and my husband can hear it from across the room! Has anyone else experienced this? Does it go away?

congrats on your banding! and yes mine did the same thing i was banded on sept 7th this continued until i started eating semi and solid foods. Also as you heal you'll be able to drink more liquids.< /span>

cindy

I am almost 2 weks out, Mine did it big time, still does a little, It is definitely GAS. I bought some Gas-X (disolving strip kind), it helps a tiny bit, but I think the cause is the protien drinks.< /p>

Janet:speechles

Keep forcing yourself to eat.

For me I had 2oz of something every half hour. That kept away the funny stomach 'empty' feeling.

I made a 16 oz Protein shake in the morning and sipped it all day long. I have to finish it 2 hours before bedtime. Meanwhile, I ate something of substance every half hour (extra creamed Soups, Jello, yogurt), until that feeling passed.

As of day 5, and today (my day 6), I still sip my Protein Drink all day long, but I now eat once every hour (4 oz at a time), and almost feel like jogging.

(patiently waiting for my "get up and go")

I was banded yesterday and today my stomach started that. I"m glad I stumbled apon your post. Ay least we are not starving. lol

Take Care

Bekkie

May I add that when I mean "creamed soups", they are Campbell's creamy like Brocolli and cheese... but it's severely blenderized to where it's just a drippy liquid.

Right now, I don't care about the consistency, I care about taste (plus ingredients like low fat, low sodium, low carb, some Protein, etc).

Yesterday I blenderized "ham and bean soup" by Nutrasystem. It has great ingredients and taste.

Good luck, Bekkie... it gets better with each day.

What I needed was work, to get my mind off food for 45 minutes between meals. And that's what I did. I'm still at home, so I found a project and I'm working it every day. Suddenly the alarm goes off that signals "time to make your food". That's also my break-time to avoid sitting for long periods. I make a pilgrimage around the house, or I set and do my arm and leg exercises, then make my food, eat at the table , clean and wash the dish and then go back to my work.

The day goes by quick, I feel like I didn't veg in front of the TV, but I actually got something done.

My Project: making new curtains for son's room (6 windows!).

I was banded yesterday and today my stomach started that. I"m glad I stumbled apon your post. Ay least we are not starving. lol

Take Care

Bekkie

Congrats on your banding wow your online already good for you, after a few weeks your stomach will quite down the first few weeks were very noisey. Please keep us posted on your status!

:rolleyes:

OH Boy, did it ever, I thought that something must be wrong, but it quit doing it about a week after surgery. I still get hunger pangs and my stomach rumbles and its funny, but now it seems to have like an echo sound, like in an empty room or something, but when it rumbles, I can ignore much easier than before surgery.... go figure.... anyway good luck on your journey

The BIG KAHUNA RUMBLINGS lasted about a month (the kid that the people in the next room can hear). The rumblings will continue, but they will be a lot quieter (now people don't look around when they sit next to me and it lets loose!). Since I am about 5 months into this and the rumblings are still going, I think this is something I will be experiencing from now on. Also because I am not feeding my fat little face every five minutes, my stomach actually has a chance to EMPTY out and START growling, which is something it has never done in my life before.