Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You will get that full feeling but I wouldn't push it that far.

I found that in the beginning I didn't really get full. Most of the foods I was eating were soft and what they call slider foods. They slide right throught and don't stay in your stomach so you don't really get that full feeling. Now that I'm eating more solids I am getting full. If you eat something like chicken it stays in your stomach and I can eat between 1 and 2 ounces before I start getting that feeling. I'm only 6 weeks out so this is pretty new for me, but I didn't get it at first and I was concerned!

6 minutes ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Has me scared my sleeve is too big.

I had that exact fear and I've read other posts saying the same thing. I'm guessing it's pretty common...

11 hours ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Same here.
I am 8 days out and on full liquids.
I can eat Greek yogurt and baby food and pureed Soups and I don't feel full ever.
Has me scared my sleeve is too big.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

Dont eat more than 4 ounces, you will be fine. You are on puree, it will change when your on dense Protein.

12 hours ago, cakes0329 said:

How do you know when you are full? I'm one week our. Had the gastric sleeve. Still not able to determine when Im full.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

I would burp , feel strange feelings in my tummy, and my chest would hurt if i went further, but I do not aim to feel full, i do not like that feeling, aslong as your eating 4 ounces and below not over for most plans , and when you move onto dense Protein when on solids you will feel full, but your still healing also :)

Exact same for me. Didn't feel full on liquids but man when I started to eat regular food there was no way to miss the restriction and the "full" feeling. I will have weird rumblings in my tummy and a small burp. At that point I know I'm D O N E. you are fine.

"Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying"

HW 237 SW 226 CW 210 GW tbd

I had the exact same situation. No feeling of fullness while on liquids/pureed, and able to eat more than 4oz. I was super worried. But now that I'm on solids everything is different. I can only eat 3-4oz before I get a quiet feeling that I don't want to take another bite. If I do, I get the hiccups. If I take another I get sweats, chest pain, brain fog, misery. The restriction will come. The waiting is hard, but worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I didn't feel the fullness until I started firmer foods. ...You'll know. But your best bet is to get a food scale and measure it out. My paperwork all says I should eat about 2oz at this point but 2 oz has me way too full. I feel better at about 1oz. If I hit the point where I vagal and my nose starts to run then I'm too full lol

The warning signs are running noise burping or hiccups. You should always eat your Protein first at every meal. At least this is instructed by my medical group. If you eat protein first especially dense protein you probably will not be able to eat more than 2 oz. eating sliding foods will go right through you and will not fill full. Be careful because this is how most start regaining. I wish you the best in this new and exciting journey.