Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

So I lost like 18 pounds Pre op and 3 day after surgery I weighed again and gained 20! A lot of Water weight ! I had edema too. Almost a week out now and still up 20?!?! Why????? Help please!!!

This is exactly why I stopped weighing myself as I was getting extremely upset with the scales!

in the morning I would be down then in the afternoon I would be up!

drove me crazy so I stopped weighing. Lots of Water weight which should settle down soon or later.

Hi December buddies! I didn't have a chance to read all posts but wanted to check in and say hi. I am 3 weeks post op (sleeved December 11, 2017). I hit the dreaded "three week stall" last week, as I haven't lost anything since Christmas. However, I am down 34 pounds from my heaviest, and 28 pounds since starting my 2 day pre-op liquid diet. I'm also down 17 inches so far!

My doctor said to be careful with working out, and no weights yet. His concern was I wasn't getting all my Protein in. However, I have upped my protein and I'm now hitting between 60-80g a day. I'm wondering if anybody has started doing cardio yet? I'm anxious to put in the work to break this stall, although I know time is necessary as well.

I'm on pureed, and eating a lot of tuna salad and egg salad since my plan allows those without actually being pureed. I just have to cut it up really small! Everything is going really well so far, and I am allowed to start "real" food Saturday, woot!

Happy New Year! Here is to a healthier and happier year for all of us.

This is my first post. I was sleeved in Orange County on 12/7. I am down 25 lbs as of today which basically puts me at loosing an average of a lb a day. I stalled from week 2 to week 3, but seem to be loosing again. I am no where close to where I want to be, but so thankful I am not where I was.

Wondering if anyone has hit the gym yet? I am eager to get in and put in some work. Walking is great, but I get so bored. Obviously no weights until cleared, but thinking bike and other cardio equipment.

Also, what are some of you go to puree/soft foods favs? I just started phase 2 last Thursday, so I am still getting a feel for what I can tolerate.

Lastly, anyone take Probiotics? I am looking to start one in hopes that it will make me far more regular.

Edited by Protein_Princess

4 minutes ago, Protein_Princess said:

This is my first post. I was sleeved in Orange County on 12/7. I am down 25 lbs as of today which basically puts me at loosing an average of a lb a day. I stalled from week 2 to week 3, but seem to be loosing again. I am no where close to where I want to be, but so thankful I am not where I was.

Wondering if anyone has hit the gym yet? I am eager to get in and put in some work. Walking is great, but I get so bored. Obviously no weights until cleared, but thinking bike and other cardio equipment.

Also, what are some of you go to puree/soft foods favs? I just started phase 2 last Thursday, so I am still getting a feel for what I can tolerate.

Lastly, anyone take Probiotics? I am looking to start one in hopes that it will make me far more regular.

Hi I was sleeved 12/7 as well working on trying to eat soft foods but only down 9 lbs since surgery. Struggling to get my liquid intake and remembering to eat every three hours. I bought myself an elliptical to start working out at home. I am looking for some good soft foods as well. Can't seem to find things that I can grab and go. I need to learn how to prep my foods.

2 minutes ago, cdealdec said:

Hi I was sleeved 12/7 as well working on trying to eat soft foods but only down 9 lbs since surgery. Struggling to get my liquid intake and remembering to eat every three hours. I bought myself an elliptical to start working out at home. I am looking for some good soft foods as well. Can't seem to find things that I can grab and go. I need to learn how to prep my foods.

I have looked at a few machines for home, but haven't found anything yet.

As for food, I've tried tuna, eggs, avocado, and pureed carnitas, refried Beans and chicken. I am going to make some ricotta bake and chicken salad tonight that will last me the rest of the week. Food prep is key as it is trial and error.

When I leave the house I always have Water and Premier Protein shake.

I was sleeved on 12/6 I am down 27lbs and also stalled week 2&3 ... started losing again this week. I go to the gym I do the tredmill, stationary bike & elliptical so far. I was so bummed during the stall and glad I started losing again! Best wishes on your new you journey!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved on Dec 13th. I'm three weeks post op, my weight loss is stalling. I have lost almost 40lbs since my surgery but now I have pneumonia and the flu, I am not able to work out at all because I feel so bad. I am doing okay on my pureed diet sometimes my stomach hurts after I eat but the biggest issues I am having now is horrible pain in my left lower side. I go see my doctor on the 16th and I guess I'll ask about it then.

Edited by Briar

I'm so relieved to know that I am not the only one in this boat! I was sleeved 18/12 So I'm just at 3 weeks post op. I'm down 25 lbs since surgery but stalled as soon as I switched to pureed foods. I lost nothing most of last week and was feeling really pissed off about it. This morni g I weighed myself and was so relieved to see I was down 2 lbs, I really really hope I'm pulling out of this stall!

Hi December buddies! I didn't have a chance to read all posts but wanted to check in and say hi. I am 3 weeks post op (sleeved December 11, 2017). I hit the dreaded "three week stall" last week, as I haven't lost anything since Christmas. However, I am down 34 pounds from my heaviest, and 28 pounds since starting my 2 day pre-op liquid diet. I'm also down 17 inches so far!
My doctor said to be careful with working out, and no weights yet. His concern was I wasn't getting all my Protein in. However, I have upped my protein and I'm now hitting between 60-80g a day. I'm wondering if anybody has started doing cardio yet? I'm anxious to put in the work to break this stall, although I know time is necessary as well.
I'm on pureed, and eating a lot of tuna salad and egg salad since my plan allows those without actually being pureed. I just have to cut it up really small! Everything is going really well so far, and I am allowed to start "real" food Saturday, woot!
Happy New Year! Here is to a healthier and happier year for all of us.

I was sleeved on the 11th as well! I've also hit the stall. I haven't lost since about the 26th. I've been walking, no weights for me yet, I've been hitting 10,000 steps daily, which is about 5 miles a day and am getting in about 50-60grams of protein a day. I'm on 'soft protein' which is basically pureed. I have to wait until the 26th when I see my nutritionist before I can have 'normal' food....to be honest I just want cucumbers and pickles! Anything super crunchy!

How often and how much are you eating?? I just started looking at calories, (not just protein)and even with my Protein Shake I have daily, I'm only taking in like 450 calories max. I'm eating about an ounce of dense protein 3 or 4 times a day. (like chicken or tuna)

Down 30.2 lbs including my preop diet
Down 21.1 lbs just from surgery (no preop included)

Make sure you're getting in that water! That'll help with the weight loss.
Personally on the go stuff I like, I also have Protein Shakes in my car just in case, but I've made a batch of chicken salad with hard-boiled eggs in it for extra Protein and at Walmart they sell 2 oz cups with lids, so I can throw one of those in a lunchbox with a cold pack. You could also have hardboiled eggs in zip locks for grab and gos. As well as if you're allowed it, lunch meat with cheese sticks are really simple protein for on the go.

Unfortunately my plan doesn't allow cheese sticks until week 6 but I'm definitely planning on that for a lunch!

Best of luck!

Make sure you're getting in that water! That'll help with the weight loss.
Personally on the go stuff I like, I also have Protein Shakes in my car just in case, but I've made a batch of chicken salad with hard-boiled eggs in it for extra Protein and at Walmart they sell 2 oz cups with lids, so I can throw one of those in a lunchbox with a cold pack. You could also have hardboiled eggs in zip locks for grab and gos. As well as if you're allowed it, lunch meat with cheese sticks are really simple Protein for on the go.

Unfortunately my plan doesn't allow cheese sticks until week 6 but I'm definitely planning on that for a lunch!

Best of luck!

This gave me some ideas thank you!!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a revision on 12/28/17, lapband to sleeve, still a little sore and on Clear Liquids. I'm 6 days post-op and down 12 lbs. Will see doctor today for follow up visit. Really excited about my new journey. This is a wonderful site, so helpful.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, Road2Newme3 said:

I was sleeved on the 11th as well! I've also hit the stall. I haven't lost since about the 26th. I've been walking, no weights for me yet, I've been hitting 10,000 steps daily, which is about 5 miles a day and am getting in about 50-60grams of Protein a day. I'm on 'soft protein' which is basically pureed. I have to wait until the 26th when I see my nutritionist before I can have 'normal' food....to be honest I just want cucumbers and pickles! Anything super crunchy!

How often and how much are you eating?? I just started looking at calories, (not just protein)and even with my Protein Shake I have daily, I'm only taking in like 450 calories max. I'm eating about an ounce of dense protein 3 or 4 times a day. (like chicken or tuna)

Down 30.2 lbs including my preop diet
Down 21.1 lbs just from surgery (no preop included)

I was eating 4-5 small meals of about 2 ounces throughout the day. I would get up, drink a bottle of Water, wait, eat, wait, drink a bottle of water, wait, etc. I just started back to work yesterday though so now I have to make a new routine. Since I am back to work it's easier for me to eat 3 meals a day, so I'm eating between 3-4 ounces per meal around normal times for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Calorie wise I am also getting in between 300 and 500 calories a day.

I haven't quite gotten up to my 10,000 steps a day like I wanted. I'm around 5-6,000. I'm just so exhausted. I have a desk job and figured I'd try to walk a little during lunch. But I only have half an hour and honestly I'm lucky to finish my 3-4 ounces of food in that time. So many adjustments to make!

Sounds like you are doing really well! I'm surprised they are making you wait so long to have "normal" food. Would you be allowed to do a little dill relish, since it's really mushy and small? I have been adding some to my tuna. One evening I just nibbled a bit on the dill relish by itself and it was delish, lol. Idk if I was craving sodium or what but it was like crack!

Sleeved on 12/28 and feeling okay. A little nervous about how much I’m not eating. I’m about 3/4 days out and I have to force myself to drink a Protein Shake. Is this normal?

Yes its normal---it gets easier. Sleeved on 12/12. Not really hungry tho.