Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

13 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Dec. 20th here. 6 days out. Feel so good it's almost scary, I have to remind myself that I can't eat. Am tiring of the liquids, but a little sacrifice now for a big payoff later.

Woohoo, you'll be fine. My surgery date was Dec. 5th and I'm feeling great! Struggling a little at getting all of my Water and Protein Shakes in but working hard on it. I can pretty much eat anything, just about 4 ounces a meal....You just hang in there. We got this!!!:)

Thought I would jump in here too! Sleeved on 12/21, any surgery twins out there?! Family and friends are always a great support system but having someone who actually knows what the sleeve is like is great to have!

I am 12/20 is that close?

Hello all,
My surgery was on 12/22. I am having pain in the incision used to remove the stomach & my left shoulder blade. It is so unbearable even with pain meds. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lessen the pain? [emoji25]

I had sleeve surgery on 12/21, doing pretty good

16 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

Dec. 20th here. 6 days out. Feel so good it's almost scary, I have to remind myself that I can't eat. Am tiring of the liquids, but a little sacrifice now for a big payoff later.

I know exactly what you mean! I was so thirsty this morning I had to remind myself to still take sips of Water instead of chugging it!

Hello fellow sleevers.
I just came home after yesterday’s surgery. Feeling good and looking forward to the changes that will be coming.

I am a 43 year old Norwegian that’s been living in Texas for the last 5 years.

15 minutes ago, Espen said:

Hello fellow sleevers.
I just came home after yesterday’s surgery. Feeling good and looking forward to the changes that will be coming.

I am a 43 year old Norwegian that’s been living in Texas for the last 5 years.

Hey Espen!

Funny, I'm 43 years old, a Texan living in Texas! :D

Glad you're feeling good!

On 12/26/2017 at 11:40 PM, Sam37Rosado said:

I’m already down 16lbs, and have never been happier. It a great feeling

Congratulations!!

Me!

Sleeved on the 12/18/17 already lost 24lbs. This is the best I have felt in years. Went to the gym on Tuesday and walked the treadmill cause it too cold out. This is the best decision I have made for myself, looking forward to a great 2018. Good luck to everyone!

On 12/27/2017 at 5:56 AM, kemi17 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lessen the pain?

I have chronic daily back & neck pain due to car accidents/back surgeries and Fibromyalgia. We traveled from Phila to MX for my surgery. Just got back a little while ago. My back & neck are bothering me more than usual from the long journey, which I expected. I am having a little tenderness/itchiness at one incision site, and then some discomfort around my rib cage toward the back (king of behind the stomach area). I think for me this is likely muscular/tissue pain from my back stuff & the surgery, but could also be attributed to trapped gas.

Anyway, just wanted to reach out because if your pain meds aren't doing the trick for the pain, I have a few tricks from my personal arsenal I would recommend: First, is a heating pad (on low to med, not high) in the area near or behind where your discomfort is, but Not On Any Incision Sites! I have found this to be very soothing. I have also been using roll-on Bio-Freeze gel, which is sort of like Ben-Gay but better quality and a little less stinky, lol. Can normally get from a good pharmacy. Again, near or behind area of discomfort, but definitely not near incision site. I also have two TENS units I have been using back/forth for my lower back, which I have found to be helpful with the cramping sensation from surgery as well. Same thing as far as not putting any of these items on your actual incision sites. Obviously you just want to keep them clean/dry/protected at all times except your daily shower allowance. If you don't have TENS but want to give it a shot, CVS carries some inexpensive units now for $25-30, as well as similar stores.

You could also try adding liquid Tylenol to your pain med to amplify its benefits. Just be careful not to go over the daily limit of Acetaminophen with it being such a known issue lately. Also, for itchiness at incision sites, my physical therapist after my one back surgery recommended rolling a soft wash cloth up and gently rubbing over the incision as a gentle soother and also desensitizer. Hope some of this will work for you!

Sleeved on 12/28 and feeling okay. A little nervous about how much I’m not eating. I’m about 3/4 days out and I have to force myself to drink a Protein Shake. Is this normal?

Sleeved on 12/28 and feeling okay. A little nervous about how much I’m not eating. I’m about 3/4 days out and I have to force myself to drink a Protein Shake. Is this normal?

Totally normal! Go easy, be gentle to your new tummy. It gets better from here, promise.

Sleeved on the 12/18/17 already lost 24lbs. This is the best I have felt in years. Went to the gym on Tuesday and walked the treadmill cause it too cold out. This is the best decision I have made for myself, looking forward to a great 2018. Good luck to everyone!

Me too! We are on out way out for New Year's eve and at 25 lbs thinner I feel like a million bucks! Bring on 2018!