Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to Bariatric Pal!

Hey everyone!! My name is Crystal. I am newly 30, just had my surgery (gastric sleeve) on august 21. I am glad to be part of a supportive community to help guide me through this journey. I am really excited. Started at 241 lb, my goal is 150.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome Crystal. Congrats on your surgery. This is one of the best communities around. I've learned so much and have gotten so much support. I wish you much success.

Welcome!

Thank you both so much! I am really excited. Especially after seeing so much success and support here.

Hi! I got sleeved the same day as you! How are you feeling?

HW 237
SW 225
GW ?

5 minutes ago, PJTaylor said:

Hi! I got sleeved the same day as you! How are you feeling?

HW 237
SW 225
GW ?

I'm actually feeling pretty good. I believe I am ready to go to the next stage so I'm going to test it tomorrow. Drinking good and am able to get in two 8ounce Protein Shakes plus broth and Water and other liquids. The diet can get confusing at times. I notified many of us have different ways of doing it. Just following my paperwork :-) how about you?

I'm doing pretty good too. Stayed one night in hospital and was sent home late the second post-op day. Getting fluids in has been an all day job! I am drinking Protein Water b/c the shakes kinda upset my stomach and have caused some diarrhea. Makes it a little more challenging to get all my protein in. What is the next step for you? You're totally right. We all seem to have different post-op instructions! I am on full liquids until tomorrow when I can start milk-based very soft items like cream Soups and yogurt and cottage cheese. Not sure how my stomach will respond to any of those since the shakes have caused diarrhea. Its little frustrating. Good luck to you!

I'm actually feeling pretty good. I believe I am ready to go to the next stage so I'm going to test it tomorrow. Drinking good and am able to get in two 8ounce Protein Shakes plus broth and Water and other liquids. The diet can get confusing at times. I notified many of us have different ways of doing it. Just following my paperwork :-) how about you?

Hi Crystal! I was sleeved the day after you. And I'm so confused about the diets. I'm on full liquids diet now. And also I was told not to exercise just to take walks. My Dr. told me to wait for the gym like 2 months preferably.
How are you doing post op? I haven't had any issues after day 4. The first 3 days were a nightmare.
All the best for you!